Can I manage 2 Apple IDs on 1 Device?

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Managing 2 Apple IDs on 1 Device

I work in a foreign country (Brazil), and in order to view local movies and/or download Brazilian apps, I had to create a new AppleID linked to a locally issued Credit Card which allows me to us the Brazil iTunes Store.

I also use a large number of apps I've had over the years from the US iTunes Store.

Now, if I try to "Restore" my iPhone as a precursor to solving an issue, I constantly get told:
"There are purchased items on the iPhone ?Etherspace Communicator? that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. If you restore this iPhone, these items will be erased and you will have to purchase them again. Are you sure you want to continue?"
I've learned these are the apps I've downloaded through my Brazilian Apple ID.

The phone is completely backed up, but I really do not want to hassle with re-downloading and installing apps when I need to restore. Is there a guide or something that will show me how to manage this?

I am sure I am not the only person to have this particular issue.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Managing 2 Apple IDs on 1 Device

I have three Apple id's for AppStore (U.S, Dutch and Turkish) so I totally get your situation. To avoid loss off apps when performing a restore, I always choose to 'Transfer Purchases' in iTunes. After doing so and performing a restore, all apps are getting installed back to my iPhone when i restore a backup or sync it.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, but unfortunately Keith, that article does not really address my particular issue (unless I missed something). I understand about using separate Apple ID's for iCloud "stuff" and iTunes "stuff." That is not my issue. I have one Apple ID for the US iTunes Store and a different one for the Brazil iTunes Store.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

Tartarus, Yes! Thank you so much. iTunes has changed so much over the years and I did not realize that "command" was available. I found it. (File -> Devices -> Transfer Purchases from…) and that took care of it! Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox