Is it possible for someone tech savvy to hack an Apple device?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... Lots to think about.
I am trying to get her in touch with a patient's advocacy group, i had thought that giving her the possibility to communicate with them privately would be a good idea but maybe we need to approach this differently.
Well, thanks everyone, for your input, I need to think on this deeper.

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's a point I'd like to bring up: is there software that would make it accessible for someone to key log you on your iPhone i.e. me typing in my password when TouchID doesnt work, or literally typing in passwords anywhere on the phone in any app? JW

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's a point I'd like to bring up: is there software that would make it accessible for someone to key log you on your iPhone i.e. me typing in my password when TouchID doesnt work, or literally typing in passwords anywhere on the phone in any app? JW
I do not know for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is a key logger app available for iOS, in particular, via jailbreak, but again, I personally do not know of any such apps.

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I do not know for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is a key logger app available for iOS, in particular, via jailbreak, but again, I personally do not know of any such apps.

True. That would also require the person to physically hold and jailbreak your phone...true.

Great deal

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My advice is this.

Do NOT get any device that requires biometric access. The issue here is beyond device and her safety both physical and mental. As a friend do her a favour and seek help for her. People are very easily programmed, and although the pain she is suffering is obvious o everyone outside of that relationship, in her own mind she's justified it and its that which needs to be dealt with. If he's tech savvy and watches her online conversations etc then placing a barrier between him and access to that information will make it worse for her in that he can grab her finger while she's drunk or asleep and open the device or threaten physical harm to do the same if its a password.

The issue is deeper than which phone, the relationship exit has to be secured first. If she has access to a laptop/desktop I suggest setting up a free email like gmail or outlook etc and only accessing that email via a web browser with 2 step authentication and making sure she logs out afterwards.