My iMessage just went down (currently in northern NJ) on Verizon. It was working fine then all of a sudden I was getting messages to my apple watch but not my phone then to neither. If I try to send a message it fails and then sends as an SMS. Anyone else experiencing this? I recently (2 days ago) switched from an iPhone 6 on sprint to 6 plus on Verizon. My port went through so that's not it. Any feedback is appreciated.
    06-23-2015 12:05 AM
    Have u tried cutting your data connection off them back on ? Or try restarting the device. Mine is working pretty fine, when I get in a bad signal area though it sends them as a regular message

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    06-23-2015 12:37 AM
    Yes I tried all of that. About an hour after the interruption I started getting messages that were sent hours ago. Weird
    06-23-2015 01:13 AM
    The only other things I can suggest are calling Verizon & having them reset your network or a hard reset. Holding down the power & home button till the apple logo appears

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    06-23-2015 01:28 AM
    If it was a temporary thing, I wouldn't worry about it...sometimes the carrier data network can go down, sometimes Apple's servers can go down...as long as it doesn't continue to do that consistently, I wouldn't put much thought into it.
    06-23-2015 05:31 PM
    According to Apple - Support - System Status at the time this was posted all is well...
    06-23-2015 05:35 PM
    My iMessage just went down (currently in northern NJ) on Verizon. It was working fine then all of a sudden I was getting messages to my apple watch but not my phone then to neither. If I try to send a message it fails and then sends as an SMS. Anyone else experiencing this? I recently (2 days ago) switched from an iPhone 6 on sprint to 6 plus on Verizon. My port went through so that's not it. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Interesting! I'm in eastern PA, also on Verizon, and also had a similar problem late Monday night. I was messaging with a friend when all the sudden I stopped getting her Messages, and most of my outgoing messages didn't send. Even more confusing was that my iPad received her Messages - just not my iPhone.

It started working again after awhile. And as you said, after a few hours all the messages she sent me earlier in the evening came in.

I figured it was my iPhone acting up, but after reading this maybe it was a network thing after all.
    06-23-2015 08:17 PM
    iMessage has been working properly for me all day...
    06-23-2015 08:45 PM
    iMessage has been working properly for me all day...
    Yeah, same here.
    06-23-2015 10:50 PM