Create new iCloud security code?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you change the code from the screen that Karen provided, you click on "Advanced Options" on the code screen to create a more complex one.

All I recall is a 4 digit code as with restrictions. I don't think I ever made a more complex code. I never knew it was available to do so. Not that I recall. I've seen where you refer. But I thought it was to change to a different 4 digit code.
I Google this, and it said the option was there to auto generate a more complex code or choose any one, including a 4 digit code. I choose the 4 digit code and stuck with it.

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Grrrrr... I left the keychain turned of 2 days.
Turned it back on and the pop up came back.
So I turned it off again, but I can't get to an Apple Store because I'm leaving this morning for a month long trip and I won't be anywhere near an Apple Store.

So I guess I will try calling them and see if they can help me fix that.
And this time I must remember to ask them why this is even happening.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ChaquitaMac

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
My first post, so please forgive any goofs.
I've encounter the same problem, and immediately became annoyed that Apple couldn't change a server without asking hundreds of millions to change their passwords. I wouldn't click on an option, and I was able to by-pass the message (can't remember how). I mentioned it to friends, who said they had received scam emails with something like that. Emails didn't seem likely, but I checked notifications, emails, messages, FaceTime, phone calls (can't remember which devices had the message -- I keep all my old devices). I couldn't find anything that seemed related to this. Today I found the message when I opened an iPod, even before I swiped the screen to unlock.IMG_0185.jpg
After I swiped the screen to open, this message appeared.
IMG_0186.jpg
I can't find a way around this screen without clicking an option, which I don't do. So my iPod is locked.
As a fix, erasing my Keychain stinks, especially after I was seduced into those impossible to remember, ultra secure, Apple passwords.
I don't know if this helps anyone. I guess it's time to call Apple.
Cheers!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My keychain is still off, I'll deal with it when I get home but I'm on a trip right now. And yes, it's a royal pain.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU APPLE!!!!!

So I turned my keychain back on and sure enough, the pop up appeared.
Only this time, I updated to 8.4, did a soft reset and abracadabra, the pop up is not appearing anymore!
*is happy*

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh for Pete's sakes...
Just as I posted this, I logged off and bam:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1436453652.627101.jpg

That's it.
I'm marching into Apple today. *grumble*

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Final update:

I spoke with Apple support, the guy said let's reset it but I'll stay on the line with you and we'll make sure this gets done between you and Apple.
So he talked me through the entire process, I got the verification code sent to my phone from Apple, my phone and iPad are synced again, this should have fixed it.

*fingers crossed*

I was concerned that all my info would wind up in third party hands and be used to steal my identity, credit card numbers and such, but he promised me it wouldn't.
So that's that. Moving on. :biggrin:

unkya

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same issue. I went into Settings, iCloud, Keychain and turned off Keychain and then turned it on again. I had to renter the keychain code and then another code that was sent to my phone and the message seems to have stopped. Very annoying but glad I did not follow prompts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Final update:

I spoke with Apple support, the guy said let's reset it but I'll stay on the line with you and we'll make sure this gets done between you and Apple.
So he talked me through the entire process, I got the verification code sent to my phone from Apple, my phone and iPad are synced again, this should have fixed it.

*fingers crossed*

I was concerned that all my info would wind up in third party hands and be used to steal my identity, credit card numbers and such, but he promised me it wouldn't.
So that's that. Moving on. :biggrin:

Guppy, if you could post the procedure they walked you through, it might help others who get that prompt. Did Support say what it was or why it pops up? Is it in fact a breach of security? Did they know?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Guppy, if you could post the procedure they walked you through, it might help others who get that prompt. Did Support say what it was or why it pops up? Is it in fact a breach of security? Did they know?

He didn't say, but we did it from settings, not from the pop up. I basically followed the steps listed and got a text message on my phone from Apple that had a confirmation code to enter in my iPad. Which was exactly as the tech had described.
There hasn't been any issues since, and no one has hijacked my credit cards either :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this? I haven't.

I haven't seen it myself

He didn't say, but we did it from settings, not from the pop up. I basically followed the steps listed and got a text message on my phone from Apple that had a confirmation code to enter in my iPad. Which was exactly as the tech had described.
There hasn't been any issues since, and no one has hijacked my credit cards either :)

I just got this on my rMBP

View attachment 86618

techpotato

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This message is because that device has not been updated, Here is the info from Apple:

Go to apple's support site and search for HT205010 (sorry, I couldn't give you the actual link because iMore changed their forum, to require Twitter login, resetting my post count to zero).

I guess you could type:

support (dot) apple (dot) com (slash) en-us (slash) HT205010

You can click "turn off" and you will stop getting the message if you haven't already clicked "not now" at least thrice.