So I have a technology addiction. Currently I have too many phones, three of which are iPhones. On the plus side this lets me try out different phones to see which gets better reception. For the record, my carrier is Verizon and has decent to great coverage pretty much everywhere I go. Inside my office though, reception can be a little weak.

Here is what I have noticed so far:
    My iPhone 6 gets the best reception and also seems to be the smartest as it will take 3 bubbles of 3G over bad LTE reception.
    My note 4, iPhone 6 plus, and Z3v run about the same and have consistently worse reception and download speeds when compared to my 6.
    Next would be my aging 5S.
    Bringing up the rear with the (notably) worst reception is my galaxy S6. Honestly, the reception on it is bad enough that I am thinking I might have a bad radio or something.

What surprised me was the 6 plus having worse reception than the 6. I figured that with a bigger battery it could push harder for a signal.

Have any of you noticed better reception on one iPhone or another?
    06-16-2015 06:52 PM
    It's strange you mention this. The other night my wife and I were at a party in the "woods." Her iPhone 6 could not even get enough of a signal to go online; however, my iPhone 6 Plus worked perfectly. (I have AT&T for a carrier.)
    06-16-2015 07:30 PM
    My iPhone 6 Plus and my wife's 6 have performed almost identically when it comes to reception...on a recent road trip, we both had almost identical reception in the same places. At Universal Studios, hers actually lost reception in some of the rides where as mine retained it a bit more (but still not really usable, just registered as actually HAVING it on the screen vs. hers that showed no reception).

Both of them have better reception than our 5S's did.
    06-16-2015 10:42 PM
    Hrm, maybe it has to do with iOS versions. My 6 is running 8.1.2 while my 6 plus has 8.3. Then again it could be anything. I would chalk it up to graphical differences only except for the fact that my 6 can stream a podcast in my office and my 6 plus can't.
    06-16-2015 10:53 PM