Why doesn't the tone play to let me know I got a text?

I

iMore Question

why doesn't the tone play to let me know i got a text? It is the only tone that doesn't play.

The ringtone for incoming calls plays, notifications play, but the incoming text message plays. I checked to make sure I had a text message tone picked, but it still doesn't go off to let me know of incoming texts.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: why doesn't the tone play to let me know i got a text? It is the only tone that doesn't play.

Have you checked your Notifications settings (Settings > Notifications > Messages)? If the settings are correct, try selecting a different tone and see if that works.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: why doesn't the tone play to let me know i got a text? It is the only tone that doesn't play.

Go to settings...notifications... Messages... Make sure notifications are enabled.

Georgette Kemp

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I tried all of that but it still doesn't work. It is the only tone that doesn't play.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried changing it to a different tone and then changing it back?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If it's the only tone that doesn't play, use a different tone. Be sure to use an Alert tone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods