iOS9 is awesome , but who think iOS is getting more n more complicated then 4 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I think iOS is getting much more complicated over time. We take if for granted because we've been using these devices for years, but when you talk to new users, it's a different story. I have people coming to me almost daily trying to figure out "basic" functionality.

thats why we need an APPLE official iOS tutor app , how to fully 100% use an iPhone , all features and function

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
thats why we need an APPLE official iOS tutor app , how to fully 100% use an iPhone , all features and function

Your opinion is valid. It happens I more then agree with you. Don't let the grumpy bums get to you. Their opinions on this forum are loud but they don't speak for all iOS users at large.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It seems like it is more complicated but its really not. Users demand this and that and the other and Apple has to concede or else end up like Blackberry. Its not more complicated, just more "stuff". IMO

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It seems like it is more complicated but its really not. Users demand this and that and the other and Apple has to concede or else end up like Blackberry. Its not more complicated, just more "stuff". IMO

When the iPhone came out everything was new to a lot of people. People who weren't already smartphone users migrated. iOS was an operating system that basically had training wheels for those users. By the time iOS 7 came, Apple took the training wheels off because they had already formed a generation of users who knew how to work with the OS unconsciously.

Apple trusts that users will get the hang of different gestures, features, and things of that nature.

As far as the Ned Flanders' of this thread go, nobody is really invalidating the OP's opinion. It's just a lot of not so understandable drivel that comes thread after thread that we are criticizing.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
iOS9 is awesome , but who think iOS is getting more n more complicated then 4...

When the iPhone came out everything was new to a lot of people. People who weren't already smartphone users migrated. iOS was an operating system that basically had training wheels for those users. By the time iOS 7 came, Apple took the training wheels off because they had already formed a generation of users who knew how to work with the OS unconsciously.

Apple trusts that users will get the hang of different gestures, features, and things of that nature.

As far as the Ned Flanders' of this thread go, nobody is really invalidating the OP's opinion. It's just a lot of not so understandable drivel that comes thread after thread that we are criticizing.

That made me LOL. Back on crackberry I used Ned Flanders as my avatar as I found I got bashed less for owning the persona.

I have suggested this before, just let the threads die instead of debating them.

As far as this topic: I know from my work that many users only use very basic functions and easily get frustrated by many aspects of the phone. There are many reasons for this. Naming, non obvious gestures, more then one way to do the same thing and many more.

I have personally mapped out settings and what functions they perform. It is a massive list. They are not always clearly organized and named. Apple knows there are confused users. That's why they have perpetual scheduled help sessions at the stores.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
iOS9 is awesome , but who think iOS is getting more n more complicated then 4...

While I personally will admit his way of posting can seem a little juvenile, he does make valid points without resulting to arrogant remarks. Unlike many of the elite on here. Besides, I don't remember you winning the "poster of the year" award. Hypocritical much?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS9 is awesome , but who think iOS is getting more n more complicated then 4...

It appears that our collective chew toy has been banned. Who will make us spew our drinks on our screens with every post, now? :rotfl:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

While I personally will admit his way of posting can seem a little juvenile, he does make valid points without resulting to arrogant remarks. Unlike many of the elite on here. Besides, I don't remember you winning the "poster of the year" award. Hypocritical much?

Just a little?

I fail to see the hypocrisy angle you're trying to push here. Just because he makes a couple of valid points doesn't mean most of what he posts isn't junk. That's the point I was getting across.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Just a little?

I fail to see the hypocrisy angle you're trying to push here. Just because he makes a couple of valid points doesn't mean most of what he posts isn't junk. That's the point I was getting across.

And the same can be said of you and any of us for that matter. That is the point I'm trying to get across.

Seriously though, if he was banned for just making posts like this, iMore has lost some major credibility in my book. They're turning into MacRumors if that is the case.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS9 is awesome , but who think iOS is getting more n more complicated then 4...

And the same can be said of you and any of us for that matter. That is the point I'm trying to get across.

Seriously though, if he was banned for just making posts like this, iMore has lost some major credibility in my book. They're turning into MacRumors if that is the case.
The user's ban was first due to an accumulation of infraction points earned by not keeping with the forum's policies.... It was a 3 day ban that has now become permanent in keeping with iMore's policy against creating multiple usernames to circumvent a ban.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Multiple usernames?!?!?! I thought there was something funny going on.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

In my experience iMore forums are much less wild west than rumors and others.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You should hang out over at Crackberry if you think there's no democracy here. You'll be back in 3 seconds.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

The user's ban was first due to an accumulation of infraction points earned by not keeping with the forum's policies.... It was a 3 day ban that has now become permanent in keeping with iMore's policy against creating multiple usernames to circumvent a ban.

I see. I retract my comment then.

In my experience iMore forums are much less wild west than rumors and others.

Yes, and I feel bad for comparing the two. Ending up looking like a bit of an insult.

You should hang out over at Crackberry if you think there's no democracy here. You'll be back in 3 seconds.

I do not have a Blackberry device. But thank you for the recommendation.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

We're off into the weeds... Time to end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73