What do I do, phone crashes with swipe to unlock and won't restore?

I

iMore Question

HELPPPPP!!!!! What do I do Phone crashes with swipe to unlock and wont restore

For starters the apple store sucks! Anywho on my second replacement phone this week this one unlike my previous 8.1.2 is IOS 7.1.2 I used Pangu to jailbreak cydia was crashing so i did a factory reset and then restored my phone and now it keeps crashing. I have tried to DFU restore but i cant not access settings to turn off find my iphone or re jailbreak it gives me access to photos notifications camera anything from unlock screen but will crash if i swipe to unlock. Do i have any other option then trying to update to 8.3 because that blows i used 127 gigs last month I would very much appreciate any help to get this beast back to working. I have tried to restore via ipsw but of course its to late in the game for that i assume apple is done signing any updates other then 8.3. What can I Do?????

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELPPPPP!!!!! What do I do Phone crashes with swipe to unlock and wont restore

For starters the apple store sucks! Anywho on my second replacement phone this week this one unlike my previous 8.1.2 is IOS 7.1.2 I used Pangu to jailbreak cydia was crashing so i did a factory reset and then restored my phone and now it keeps crashing. I have tried to DFU restore but i cant not access settings to turn off find my iphone or re jailbreak it gives me access to photos notifications camera anything from unlock screen but will crash if i swipe to unlock. Do i have any other option then trying to update to 8.3 because that blows i used 127 gigs last month I would very much appreciate any help to get this beast back to working. I have tried to restore via ipsw but of course its to late in the game for that i assume apple is done signing any updates other then 8.3. What can I Do?????

So the "apple store sucks!" because you can't jailbreak your phone? Interesting.

Apple is currently only signing iOS 8.3, so that's all you can install on the device if you have to restore. There is no jailbreak for iOS 8.3, as well. So I guess in that regard, Apple does suck - because the jailbreak community has abandoned work on iOS 8.3 in favor if iOS 8.4 or beyond.

Not sure what any of this has to do with you using "127 gigs last month".

What can you do? Restore the device to iOS 8.3 and live with it until a jailbreak is available for 8.3 or later. I suppose you could also go to android, windows phone or blackberry. Those are the choices that you have at this point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELPPPPP!!!!! What do I do Phone crashes with swipe to unlock and wont restore

So the "apple store sucks!" because you can't jailbreak your phone? Interesting.

Apple is currently only signing iOS 8.3, so that's all you can install on the device if you have to restore. There is no jailbreak for iOS 8.3, as well. So I guess in that regard, Apple does suck - because the jailbreak community has abandoned work on iOS 8.3 in favor if iOS 8.4 or beyond.

Not sure what any of this has to do with you using "127 gigs last month".

What can you do? Restore the device to iOS 8.3 and live with it until a jailbreak is available for 8.3 or later. I suppose you could also go to android, windows phone or blackberry. Those are the choices that you have at this point.

'Nuf said...:)

Berry Schnetter

May 30, 2015
Visit site

First off appreciate the response just needed to know if I was SOL or not... The jailbreaking is a minor set back it blows not why this store sucks their customer service has been sub par homie Its just this particular store no offense to The rest of the bunch or the corporation huge fan here just been a little sour trust me when I say it is warranted I have many disappointments, but I'm in middle of BFE so I have no option FML.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

First off appreciate the response just needed to know if I was SOL or not... The jailbreaking is a minor set back it blows not why this store sucks their customer service has been sub par homie Its just this particular store no offense to The rest of the bunch or the corporation huge fan here just been a little sour trust me when I say it is warranted I have many disappointments, but I'm in middle of BFE so I have no option FML.

Ok. Now that we have the emotion out of the situation, what seems to be the problem? My personal experience is that the Apple Store/Genius Bar is pretty good, and IMO, their customer service has been pretty solid. But since you have had bad luck with them, why not give us a shot? Lots of pretty cool folks here who know quite a bit - maybe more than you, maybe not. But what matters is getting your issues identified and resolved. Right?

What's the biggest issue that you are having with your iPhone? Start with that, and let's see what we can do to help. And then we'll try to walk down the list of there are more issues to address.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods