The weirdos of jailbreaks

GeminiMarz

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, I've been an iPhone user for almost 3 years now. I love it, both jailbroken and official firmware.

I'm currently non-jailbroken because when I was on 8.1.2 I guess I had a couple bad tweaks and it sent my phone to bootloop (no passcode enabled) so I had no choice but to restore via DFU mode 😩😩😩 and that was literally the day after Apple stopped signing 8.1.2 lol.

Ever since then I've been patiently waiting for a 8.2 jailbreak, to no avail. Then 8.3, and Apple patched like 30+ security holes lol. At this point I grew about 15 grey hairs 😂. Only hope now is 8.4.

Now, speaking of, if u search on Twitter for 8.x. Jailbreak...you'll notice the "entitled" weirdos begging for a jailbreak constantly asking, in most cases @I0n1c; "why won't u release 8.4 beta 2 jailbreak?" ....sometimes I wonder, do these people even realize that any jailbreak released before a major update is released, will enable Apple to patch it up prior to? Or perhaps these weirdos just choose not to understand that time is key?

Just wanted to get that off my chest because. Hopefully there's a jailbreak before IOS 9

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
While many still like to jailbreak, I have no desire for it. iOS has improved and added quite a bit in recent years. Yeah, more customization and such, but I'm content with the iPhone as is. And more hardware and software are still to come.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your frequent use of the word "weirdos" is very...weird.

In response to your comments, most people who want a jailbreak don't really understand the process of developing it (even on a basic level), so their clamoring is usually in the uneducated idea that jailbreaking a certain iOS version is simply a matter of changing what has been done before and updating it for the new firmware. They don't understand what kinds of exploits are required and how difficult it can be with Apple constantly updating and "fixing" these "holes".

People also fail to realize that most of the big wig jailbreakers left the free development world for paid gigs (some of them even working FOR Apple, or at least consulting for them...and perhaps even doing so to PREVENT jailbreakers from succeeding). What we wait on now are the secondary players, and thus far they've proven to be far less efficient and they take A LOT longer to release final versions, and they still tend to be plagued with all kinds of bugs.

I think the jailbreaking world is slowly receding...and the more Apple provides in native fashion, the less people really demand a new jailbreak. You'll always have a small niche of people, but I don't think jailbreaking is anywhere near as common or popular as it once was.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2