Apple and Blackberry, as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I so loved all the Blackberry devices I've had... But I have to agree with qbnkelt: they have dropped all the balls they could with a vengeance. Heartbreaking, really, because back in its heyday, Blackberry put out some seriously cool devices.
And at a very difficult time in my life, my phone was the one thing that I didn't need to worry about.
I kept up with work, lawyers (ugly divorce, lol) kids, teachers, coordinated my relocation across the country, switched jobs, sold a house, bought another, traveled from coast to coast to make all this happen a bazillion times, and amazingly enough, after managing to get a virus on my PC that fried my hard drive, my Blackberry phones were the only things that never ever let me down.
Not once.
Fast forward a few years...
Not only did Blackberry completely fail to keep up with the tech requirements of the time, they actually turned the clock back, added obstacles at every turn and now Blackberry devices have become these weirdo bricks with glaring Android wannabe tendencies, they fail at being Blackberry as we know it and they even fail at being Androids.
Imagine that.
So like I said...
I'll always have fond memories for what Blackberry USED to be.
Today, though, it is, for me, an abject failure.
And I was the one who "would never ever go back to Apple"!
But Apple has totally won me back, so there ya go.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My final straw with Blackberry came as a one two punch. Hearing that apps would be relegated to pooched Android apps or the Amazon Apps store apps followed by Link eating a back up and making it irretrievable. I've got family pictures that are still inaccessible.
That was it. If out up with the bricking 9900 devices dying on me in the middle of the day (thank God I had my iPhone in my bag) and I'd put up with the rebooting Z10 with the amazing four hour battery life.
But putting up with the buggy experience of android apps on a blackberry device for the foreseeable future? And my irretrievable family pics? Nope. That was it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My beloved Blackberry devices over the years:
8700g
8120 The original Pearl
8320 Curve
9000 The original Bold

I enjoyed every one of them back in the day, and even after defecting to the iPhone 3G for a short period of time, I purchased the original Blackberry Bold after the 3G fell in the ocean off the coast of South Carolina. I figured I'd stay with RIM to this very day....until I saw the Droid Incredible. That is one of the best phones I've ever owned. Anyway, I've since found peace with the iPhone, starting with the iPhone 4S. I've had every iPhone since with the exception of the iPhone 5C. I currently use the iPhone 6 Plus. Blackberry devices found a nich? with corporate / government entities, and I worked in government during my time using BB devices. The iPhone changed everything, but a good deal of credit must go to Google for it Android creation. The appeal to those who were not corporate CEO's and the like was overwhelming. RIM failed to either see the trend or failed to act quick enough to it, and by the time it did, it was too late. Apple devices aren't perfect and they aren't perfect for everyone, but the iPhone is still The reigning champ of the smartphone world. The Blackberry Passport, the BB classic and the others are well-built devices, but the inclusion of Android apps is a clear indication that developmental support is all but gone. Do I hope that Blackberry could make a huge comeback? Sure, I do. Will I bet on it? Heck no!

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I wanted to buy the iPhone outright so my savings were going to the Plus in September. And I want the black so it's going to take me a wee bit of time to save for that.

And the puppy is a total love. Except she's a hurricane. Hurricane Emma. She thinks mud is grand.
View attachment 81451

Touche....That was eloquently written and I think you scared all the BB fans away. I love your post and your puppy is adorable. Good luck with the puppy faze.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I just read it, and at this point, it is still only a rumor. Having said that, if Apple were to acquire Blackberry, I doubt their focus would be on hardware, but rather the enterprise and patent aspect as mentioned in the article. Furthermore, what would happen to the Crackberry site and forum?.....

Unfortunately, the same thing that happened to us at webOS Nation. Even though we have new phones coming up

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the same thing that happened to us at webOS Nation. Even though we have new phones coming up

Nah they would stick around talking about how BlackBerry is *this* close to an epic comeback......even after it's been sold for parts......

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry's "pouring syrup on **** and calling it pancakes" approach forced me to move on and never look back. They offer nothing of value on the hardware/software front (for what they're charging for their devices).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry's "pouring syrup on **** and calling it pancakes" approach forced me to move on and never look back. They offer nothing of value on the hardware/software front (for what they're charging for their devices).

I got my Quasimodo for 150 bucks, used. And I believe I overpaid. No way in hell would I pay 600 bucks. Not even 500.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I got my Quasimodo for 150 bucks, used. And I believe I overpaid. No way in hell would I pay 600 bucks. Not even 500.

Lol @ Quasimodo. It looks painfully awkward imo.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
ye 2 weeks ago , i said in this forum , you should use your iPhone 6 plus to post comment instead of her note 4 because this is an iPhone forum, then she start to say i can post from whatever i want , now is my 6 plus , now is my Quasimodo ...

i wonder what would she say about nokia 100 , NUKEkia ?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
ye 2 weeks ago , i said in this forum , you should use your iPhone 6 plus to post comment instead of her note 4 because this is an iPhone forum, then she start to say i can post from whatever i want , now is my 6 plus , now is my Quasimodo ...

Yup. Correct. It's whatever device I've got in my hand. Been using multiple devices for years.
Never used the Nokia 100. If I had one i would use it too. Maybe if I thought it was ridiculous I'd say so. Like the Quasimodo is ridiculous.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

You're kidding, right?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

... and your point?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
nope.

For some reason select people take great exception to the devices I use.

Wow.
What is it about human nature that compels some to try and force pressure others to live by their own asinine set of rules?
It almost makes me want to fire up my old Q10 to post here... ALMOST. ������

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77