Apple and Blackberry, as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't want an apology...I just want the truth. Admit that you didn't really understand why the patents were the key in this acquisition, and that the patents cover the gambit of everything you clamored on about in terms of security for enterprise users (amongst hundreds of other things).

It's ok to admit you didn't know...it's a far cry more respectable than coming here and trying to pass off your entire debate here as a misunderstanding that it really never was.

Sean, you have todays internet win. It's all good.:dancing: If my intrusion into this thread has done nothing more than to make a few people understand that there is SOME worth to BlackBerry patents/features/services, then I am a happy guy. How we got there doesn't matter to me. So thank you for that!:beer:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you deny the existence of DropoutJeep?
If I said the sky was blue, you'd contend it was a shade of azure just to be contentious... and you clearly demonstrated above a total lack of knowledge of Apple's security with your 'finger prints on file' twaddle. I don't believe anything you have to say after that.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I said the sky was blue, you'd contend it was a shade of azure just to be contentious... and you clearly demonstrated above a total lack of knowledge of Apple's security with your 'finger prints on file' twaddle. I don't believe anything you have to say after that.

Not trying to be contentious. Are you saying that Apple does not have a patent for fingerprint storage in the cloud?
And are you denying the existence of DropoutJeep? I am not the one who invented that you know...

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to be contentious. Are you saying that Apple does not have a patent for fingerprint storage in the cloud?
And are you denying the existence of DropoutJeep? I am not the one who invented that you know...

Are you kidding.
I can't wait until Apple combines Touch ID and iCloud.
It's peculiar how your trying so desperately to spin this as a negative.

What smartphone are you currently using?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple has lots of patents... some they use, some they don't... So what if they have that patent... get back to me when it's implemented.
DropoutJeep? I am not the one who invented that you know...
It's FUD you keep quoting to build up your premise that Apple sucks and Blackberry is King.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I am as concerned about dropoutjeep today as I was about the Snowden related reports of the NSA hacking into my 9700 in 2009.

Do you *HONEStLY* believe that it is impossible for any government anywhere to tap into any smartphone they want? Heck BlackBerry handed over the keys to the kingdom under pressure. They bent over like a palm tree in a hurricane.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sean, you have todays internet win. It's all good.:dancing: If my intrusion into this thread has done nothing more than to make a few people understand that there is SOME worth to BlackBerry patents/features/services, then I am a happy guy. How we got there doesn't matter to me. So thank you for that!:beer:

The only thing your intrusion has done is solidify your position as a blackberry shill. If anything you've actually driven people away from blackberry by showing a complete lack of understanding of Apple's and other's technologies. Who would trust someone who can't even take the time to properly research the topic that they are trying to debate? You've taken the typical troll approach, whether purposefully or not, of cherry picking and diversion tactics. You post statements that show a clear lack of understanding of the subject matter, and when called on them, attempt to change the subject. You put words in others' mouths, or keyboards, in an attempt to drag them into a debate about something they never thought nor said.

For anyone interested in the tactics being used by this individual, there are plenty of resources out there, here's a decent one to get started. See how many traits you can spot! Recognising and Dealing with Trolls

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding.
I can't wait until Apple combines Touch ID and iCloud.
It's peculiar how your trying so desperately to spin this as a negative.

What smartphone are you currently using?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
OK, no problem then. I use a Passport currently.
Apple has lots of patents... some they use, some they don't... So what if they have that patent... get back to me when it's implemented.
It's FUD you keep quoting to build up your premise that Apple sucks and Blackberry is King.
Alright, fair enough, FUD it is.

I am as concerned about dropoutjeep today as I was about the Snowden related reports of the NSA hacking into my 9700 in 2009.

Do you *HONEStLY* believe that it is impossible for any government anywhere to tap into any smartphone they want? Heck BlackBerry handed over the keys to the kingdom under pressure. They bent over like a palm tree in a hurricane.

Understood. But the difference is with BES/BB you have to ask first, and be given those keys as opposed to just taking.
The only thing your intrusion has done is solidify your position as a blackberry shill. If anything you've actually driven people away from blackberry by showing a complete lack of understanding of Apple's and other's technologies. Who would trust someone who can't even take the time to properly research the topic that they are trying to debate? You've taken the typical troll approach, whether purposefully or not, of cherry picking and diversion tactics. You post statements that show a clear lack of understanding of the subject matter, and when called on them, attempt to change the subject. You put words in others' mouths, or keyboards, in an attempt to drag them into a debate about something they never thought nor said.

For anyone interested in the tactics being used by this individual, there are plenty of resources out there, here's a decent one to get started. See how many traits you can spot! Recognising and Dealing with Trolls
Thanks Mike. I didn't realize I was a troll. Clears a lot up for me.
Ah yes. Another article full of coulds and mays.

Tell me, are you able to lay hold of any factual information of this patent's implementation that does not rely on coulds and mays and ifs?

Nope. Just looking at past performance and applying that to the future.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, no problem then. I use a Passport currently.

Alright, fair enough, FUD it is.

Understood. But the difference is with BES/BB you have to ask first, and be given those keys as opposed to just taking.

Thanks Mike. I didn't realize I was a troll. Clears a lot up for me.

Nope. Just looking at past performance and applying that to the future.

Ah. So you're adding your supposition to an article full of suppositions with no factual basis.

You're batting a thousand, babe.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Who has to ask? Governments? Do you honestly believe that any government that conducts surveillance engages in transparent ediscovery? Do you really think that the CIA waits for a court order to engage in surveillance where all they've got to prove is probable cause under the Patriot Act? Sure bulk collection of data is under fire, but if you think that you're safe from monitoring after you've called attention to yourself simply because you happen to have a BlackBerry, you are woefully mistaken.

Newsflash the NSA gained access to BlackBerry. Look it up.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

See...do you have to make those snide little comments? "You have todays internet win"...wtf is that? I couldn't care less about "winning" an internet argument, but when someone comes in here and is spouting off false information, misguided information or is just clearly not educated in the subject they are discussing, I'm going to come in here and share what I know, and if it corrects said issues, so be it.

You didn't really make anyone understand anything people here didn't already know. To be honest, the only clear cut thing I saw happen in here is that you MAY now know what the patents Blackberry holds entail (as you obviously didn't before).

You started out throwing jabs in here and then you backed away because you realized what you were saying was non-sense. Now you're just pretending like it's all light hearted banter while still making your little passive aggressive comments to try and make it clear that you're not really paying attention anyways.

Take being wrong with some dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner