Apple and Blackberry, as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Busy? Nowhere near to what I was subjected to at CB. But then again this is an Apple fansite. Just like I was repeatedly told at CB that I was in a BlackBerry fansite.

Don't like the tables turned, eh? And by the way, nobody here has insulted you personally which is what was allowed at CB where I was concerned.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I am not worried about how I'm being treated here, not at all. Most people have been respectful, some even delightful, and some just plain old entertaining.:rotfl:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, and perhaps I erroneously assumed you were referring to patents not yet implemented/seen the light of day. If so, again I apologize.

I don't want an apology...I just want the truth. Admit that you didn't really understand why the patents were the key in this acquisition, and that the patents cover the gambit of everything you clamored on about in terms of security for enterprise users (amongst hundreds of other things).

It's ok to admit you didn't know...it's a far cry more respectable than coming here and trying to pass off your entire debate here as a misunderstanding that it really never was.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not worried about how I'm being treated here, not at all. Most people have been respectful, some even delightful, and some just plain old entertaining.:rotfl:

Then being busy in the thread should be welcomed.

So what do you think of the pics I posted? Worthy of a flagship? I would have loved an Apple camera and software here. Alas, it's a Fisher Price camera like on the 99xx series.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@canuckvoip, I'm not going to, um, "pile on" some others are doing....(lol...The others get the joke)...but I do want to tip my hat to you for maintaining a cool demeanor throughout this debate. You've definitely earned a level of respect for it so thank you.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to, um, "pile on" some others are doing....(lol...The others get the joke)...but I do want to tip my hat to you for maintaining a cool demeanor throughout this debate. You've definitely earned a level of respect for it so thank you.

Well dangnabbit man you're a Patriots fan and you come to the FedEx Field wearing a Patriots tshirt during a Patriots vs Redskins game talking up the Patriots.......piling will happen........

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well dangnabbit man you're a Patriots fan and you come to the FedEx Field wearing a Patriots tshirt during a Patriots vs Redskins game talking up the Patriots.......piling will happen........

(Laughing aloud)....I love your sense of humor...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The benefits are that you wouldn't have an iCloud to get hacked. You would use BBM which is more secure because it goes through BB's servers. You would have fewer apps tracking your every move. You wouldn't have your fingerprints on file, or your health records. People want what they want, I get it. But all the people that tell you "they have nothing to hide" are giving everything away, willingly, foolishly.

I don't recall iCloud being hacked before. Someone's account was hacked because of a very weak password.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You wouldn't have your fingerprints on file
This right here demonstrates a basic ignorance you have about Apple security... the only place a fingerprint is "on file" with touchID is on the device itself and nowhere else. Period. And it's not an image of the fingerprint - it's a string of numbers...

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

And because blackberry rested on their Laurels their employees should blame the company for mismanagement not iOS users who are no way obligated to purchase a blackberry just because Chen wishes he was the train that could.

Those employees that decided to stay with the sinking ship, again I have no sympathy for stupidity. All of my personal friends left blackberry and you should have heard some of the stories they had about thorston, what a loser.

As for security iOS is extremely secure.

The reason no one is talking about "man in the middle" vulnerabilities with blackberry is because the government doesn't need to.

One:
governments already have access to blackberry users data, they don't need drop out jeeps for blackberry, because blackberry already handed them the keys to the kingdom. I remember when India and some Middle Eastern countries threatened to ban blackberry unless they provided the keys.

Two:
What would the point be?
There are barely 4 million active bb10 users globally and around 14 million blackberry legacy subscribers left at the end of last year.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall iCloud being hacked before. Someone's account was hacked because of a very weak password.

There ya go.....with pesky wee facts as opposed to the nonsensical imaginings of the faithful.

Do you know they actually tried to pin the Sony hacking on iPhone "vulnerabilities"?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This right here demonstrates a basic ignorance you have about Apple security... the only place a fingerprint is "on file" with touchID is on the device itself and nowhere else. Period. And it's not an image of the fingerprint - it's a string of numbers...

Yup on a secure enclave, guess what apple patented that as well.
No body wants to buy blackberry as is even for the patents.

Nobody wanted to buy blackberry when they had a for sale sign on the front lawn, nothing's changed.
Prem watsa will break the company up and sell it for scraps to recoup his investments.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Dang it... I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Competition and choice is GOOD!
Everybody needs more choice. It ends up making ALL the products better!
Oh, and...
108 year-old investor Irving Kahn increases BlackBerry stake - Cantech Letter

Competition is only good if your at the head of the pack.
Since most consumers only purchase one product, most companies that are dead last won't benefit from your perceived theory of competition.

As for the tail of the pack; Sony, htc, and blackberry remain, but how long before they give up. That's what happens when companies cannot compete or what wall street lovingly refers to as"turning a profit". Nokia, Motorola, and Sony Ericsson have already thrown in the towel. Tick tock.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
@canuckvoip, I'm not going to, um, "pile on" some others are doing....(lol...The others get the joke)...but I do want to tip my hat to you for maintaining a cool demeanor throughout this debate. You've definitely earned a level of respect for it so thank you.

Lol! Thank you very much. I'll buy you a beer right after I get up from underneath the dogpile... Man... somebody needs to change their socks!:rotfl:

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

There ya go.....with pesky wee facts as opposed to the nonsensical imaginings of the faithful.

Do you know they actually tried to pin the Sony hacking on iPhone "vulnerabilities"?

Yup on a secure enclave, guess what apple patented that as well.
No body wants to buy blackberry as is even for the patents.

Nobody wanted to buy blackberry when they had a for sale sign on the front lawn, nothing's changed.
Prem watsa will break the company up and sell it for scraps to recoup his investments.

I wonder if this is becoming reality anytime soon...
Apple to store your fingerprints in the cloud, ripe for hackers and NSA surveillance - NaturalNews.com

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is becoming reality anytime soon...
Apple to store your fingerprints in the cloud, ripe for hackers and NSA surveillance - NaturalNews.com

FUD...why should you care about the future when you know nothing of the present...by your own choice as you dismissively waived off giving you an opportunity learn they way things are now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice