Apple and Blackberry, as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I will never understand why some people revel in the hopes that a large and important company dies, along with the many thousands of people losing their jobs and income.
Schadenfreude... and Apple users have been putting up with ordure of this same nature about Apple from enthusiasts of that particular platform.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You are making a blanket statement that Health care systems using Apple products don't care/have secure networks. And that's bogus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I'm saying is that Apple has no enterprise class security at all. None! They must rely on 3rd party companies to TRY and do what BlackBerry does best. The likes of MobileIron, and Good come to mind.
Look at the mistake these guys made.
'Heartbleed-based BYOD hack' pwns insurance giant Aviva's iPhones ? The Register
BES plus BB handsets (end to end) is the most secure bar none.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
There will never be a hybrid device of Apple and Blackberry...even if Apple DID buy out the company. What you'd end up getting is features based on patents Blackberry had that Apple wanted.

Like The HUB and the LED notifications? That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!:yes::laughing::cool::biggrin::big-hug::D:nerd::coffee::smile:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy Blackberry loyalists who pretend the iPhone has no business in enterprise because of security...I mean they offer the iPhone (as well as a slew of other devices) to federal LEO's and send out the security attachment with them when you sign for yours for duty (I still have it too from the last period I was with the feds... https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2516051%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=18AXmkjO )

Now I'm not one who feels its a good thing Blackberry is circling the drain...I like competition personally because competition never hurts the consumer and pushes the manufacturers to further develop and to do it more frequently. That said, Blackberry isn't really competition anymore, they are simply a dying choice. Let's not try and pretend like their once glorious security clout is something that keeps them relevant in the consumer world (which is where the money is, period).

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I just read it, and at this point, it is still only a rumor. Having said that, if Apple were to acquire Blackberry, I doubt their focus would be on hardware, but rather the enterprise and patent aspect as mentioned in the article. Furthermore, what would happen to the Crackberry site and forum?.....

They would move over to Android Central, and still spew FUD about Apple. They would also continue to complain, make excuses, and post other childish rigmarole. They'd fit right in perfectly.

They'd all come over here... shudder...

No, we are sheep and blindly follow the herd. AC.

I will never understand why some people revel in the hopes that a large and important company dies, along with the many thousands of people losing their jobs and income.

No one is reveling that they die. Important company ? Not any more. The many thousands have already lost their jobs and moved on. QNX will survive.

As far as your security posts, how does that effect me, the average consumer. I have a Q10, but I'm not on BES. What security benefits do I get ? People want more than phone calls, texting, and emails. Heck, the only way I could buy and sell securities with my Q10 was to turn on hotspot and use my iPad. Well I fixed that problem.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
They would move over to Android Central, and still spew FUD about Apple. They would also continue to complain, make excuses, and post other childish rigmarole. They'd fit right in perfectly.

No, we are sheep and blindly follow the herd. AC.

No one is reveling that they die. Important company ? Not any more. The many thousands have already lost their jobs and moved on. QNX will survive.

As far as your security posts, how does that effect me, the average consumer. I have a Q10, but I'm not on BES. What security benefits do I get ? People want more than phone calls, texting, and emails. Heck, the only way I could buy and sell securities with my Q10 was to turn on hotspot and use my iPad. Well I fixed that problem.

The benefits are that you wouldn't have an iCloud to get hacked. You would use BBM which is more secure because it goes through BB's servers. You would have fewer apps tracking your every move. You wouldn't have your fingerprints on file, or your health records. People want what they want, I get it. But all the people that tell you "they have nothing to hide" are giving everything away, willingly, foolishly.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy Blackberry loyalists who pretend the iPhone has no business in enterprise because of security...I mean they offer the iPhone (as well as a slew of other devices) to federal LEO's and send out the security attachment with them when you sign for yours for duty (I still have it too from the last period I was with the feds... https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2516200%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=Ti8kXLvP )

Now I'm not one who feels its a good thing Blackberry is circling the drain...I like competition personally because competition never hurts the consumer and pushes the manufacturers to further develop and to do it more frequently. That said, Blackberry isn't really competition anymore, they are simply a dying choice. Let's not try and pretend like their once glorious security clout is something that keeps them relevant in the consumer world (which is where the money is, period).

iOS devices have their place. Nobody denies that. But they need to be secured properly, and right now BES is the clear choice. Nothing else comes close. iPhone would be 10 times better with a file system, expandable memory, an email and attachment system that wasn't from 2006, and real multitasking, you know... for work.
BlackBerry is not circling the drain. Things admittedly were bad, but no more. They are profitable again, and things are getting better. Nobody denies that it was bleak, but that was then, and this is now. Chen has repeatedly stated that he's going after corp first. Not ONLY... just first. And as stated before, if you don't think your own personal security is important, then I feel scared/sad for you.
Ever heard of Dropout Jeep? Probably not... or you've ignored it thinking it is BS...
But it's not.
The NSA Reportedly Has Total Access To The Apple iPhone

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
iOS devices have their place. Nobody denies that. But they need to be secured properly, and right now BES is the clear choice. Nothing else comes close. iPhone would be 10 times better with a file system, expandable memory, an email and attachment system that wasn't from 2006, and real multitasking, you know... for work.
BlackBerry is not circling the drain. Things admittedly were bad, but no more. They are profitable again, and things are getting better. Nobody denies that it was bleak, but that was then, and this is now. Chen has repeatedly stated that he's going after corp first. Not ONLY... just first. And as stated before, if you don't think your own personal security is important, then I feel scared/sad for you.
Ever heard of Dropout Jeep? Probably not... or you've ignored it thinking it is BS...
But it's not.
The NSA Reportedly Has Total Access To The Apple iPhone

Wow....
I bet you bought a blackberry passport at full price.
Smh.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And as stated before, if you don't think your own personal security is important, then I feel scared/sad for you.

Even I don't give a sh|t about what the NSA can find on my phone. Why are you so concerned about it? Other than you feeling compelled to defend Blackberry at every turn you can.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Passing the buck?
I have no sympathies for anyone working at blackberry that finds themselves without a job once the company shutters their handset division. Blame management, not iPhone users.

The writing has been on the wall for years. They chose to ignore it.

Black berry Important?
Hahahaha, thanks for the laugh.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice