Apple and Blackberry, as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it is just as well Haha... To be honest, BlackBerry is struggling too much as a competitor and simply as a mobile phone company .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone read about a rumor that Apple having interest in buying Blackberry?

I just read it, and at this point, it is still only a rumor. Having said that, if Apple were to acquire Blackberry, I doubt their focus would be on hardware, but rather the enterprise and patent aspect as mentioned in the article. Furthermore, what would happen to the Crackberry site and forum?.....

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oooh... A device that would look and work like my old Q10 but with the Apple apps and ecosystem... I would pounce on this in a heartbeat and be in phone nirvana until the end of my days. It's probable never going to happen. *sigh*

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There will never be a hybrid device of Apple and Blackberry...even if Apple DID buy out the company. What you'd end up getting is features based on patents Blackberry had that Apple wanted.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
17e587591a81e566bec2f4d689f1e03b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Never say never, but I really don't think this could happen at all. It is merely some pump and dump analyst creating FUD. Just like the Samsung rumour was.
In the ridiculously off chance that it DID happen, I think Apple would use the patents and software to make their devices secure (because Good and MobileIron etc are not as secure), and carry on.
I doubt Apple would adopt a keyboard, nor manufacturing/designs either. In any case, Prem/Fairfax/Chen et al have stated publicly that they have no interest in selling.
And yes I know things change...

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
They'd all come over here... shudder...

MMmmmmmm... probably not. Most BB users couldn't give up having a file system, SD slot, full NFC and Bluetooth etc. So I bet a larger percentage would reluctantly go Android.
But really it would depend on how much BB tech Apple adopted. If the answer was little to nothing, then the influx of ex BB users coming here would be little to nothing.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What's so important about Blackberry??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?

Quite simply, BlackBerry is the most secure system for protecting individual security and privacy. That’s why all G7 governments and 16 of the G20 governments are BlackBerry customers. BlackBerry has more than 70 security approvals and certificates – more than any other mobile solution. BlackBerry customers also include 10 out of 10 of the largest global banks and global law firms, and the top five largest managed healthcare, investment services, and oil and gas companies.

But methinks you're just pulling my leg and you already knew that.:dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.