I don't want an apology...I just want the truth. Admit that you didn't really understand why the patents were the key in this acquisition, and that the patents cover the gambit of everything you clamored on about in terms of security for enterprise users (amongst hundreds of other things).

It's ok to admit you didn't know...it's a far cry more respectable than coming here and trying to pass off your entire debate here as a misunderstanding that it really never was.
    Sean, you have todays internet win. It's all good. If my intrusion into this thread has done nothing more than to make a few people understand that there is SOME worth to BlackBerry patents/features/services, then I am a happy guy. How we got there doesn't matter to me. So thank you for that!
    05-14-2015 03:17 PM
    FUD...why should you care about the future when you know nothing of the present...by your own choice as you dismissively waived off giving you an opportunity learn they way things are now??
    Do you deny the existence of DropoutJeep?
    05-14-2015 03:19 PM
    Well at least iPhone users will have the "choice".
    Right?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Yes... yes they do.
    05-14-2015 03:20 PM
    There is more suppositions in that piece than there are BlackBerry users left in the world. Speculation upon hearsay upon theoretical what ifs.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    05-14-2015 03:21 PM
    Nope. He's looking through that opening a little lower and around the corner.
    Good old Hank. Thanks buddy, I still love ya!
    05-14-2015 03:22 PM
    Do you deny the existence of DropoutJeep?
    If I said the sky was blue, you'd contend it was a shade of azure just to be contentious... and you clearly demonstrated above a total lack of knowledge of Apple's security with your 'finger prints on file' twaddle. I don't believe anything you have to say after that.
    05-14-2015 03:23 PM
    There is more suppositions in that piece than there are BlackBerry users left in the world. Speculation upon hearsay upon theoretical what ifs.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Yeah... which is why I chose this one second...
    Apple granted patent for iCloud-based fingerprint storage and cross-device synching | BiometricUpdate
    05-14-2015 03:24 PM
    If I said the sky was blue, you'd contend it was a shade of azure just to be contentious... and you clearly demonstrated above a total lack of knowledge of Apple's security with your 'finger prints on file' twaddle. I don't believe anything you have to say after that.
    Not trying to be contentious. Are you saying that Apple does not have a patent for fingerprint storage in the cloud?
    And are you denying the existence of DropoutJeep? I am not the one who invented that you know...
    05-14-2015 03:28 PM
    Not trying to be contentious. Are you saying that Apple does not have a patent for fingerprint storage in the cloud?
    And are you denying the existence of DropoutJeep? I am not the one who invented that you know...
    Are you kidding.
    I can't wait until Apple combines Touch ID and iCloud.
    It's peculiar how your trying so desperately to spin this as a negative.

What smartphone are you currently using?

05-14-2015 03:36 PM
    Apple has lots of patents... some they use, some they don't... So what if they have that patent... get back to me when it's implemented.
    DropoutJeep? I am not the one who invented that you know...
    It's FUD you keep quoting to build up your premise that Apple sucks and Blackberry is King.
    05-14-2015 03:37 PM
    I am as concerned about dropoutjeep today as I was about the Snowden related reports of the NSA hacking into my 9700 in 2009.

Do you *HONEStLY* believe that it is impossible for any government anywhere to tap into any smartphone they want? Heck BlackBerry handed over the keys to the kingdom under pressure. They bent over like a palm tree in a hurricane.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    kch50428 likes this.
    05-14-2015 03:49 PM
    Sean, you have todays internet win. It's all good. If my intrusion into this thread has done nothing more than to make a few people understand that there is SOME worth to BlackBerry patents/features/services, then I am a happy guy. How we got there doesn't matter to me. So thank you for that!
    The only thing your intrusion has done is solidify your position as a blackberry shill. If anything you've actually driven people away from blackberry by showing a complete lack of understanding of Apple's and other's technologies. Who would trust someone who can't even take the time to properly research the topic that they are trying to debate? You've taken the typical troll approach, whether purposefully or not, of cherry picking and diversion tactics. You post statements that show a clear lack of understanding of the subject matter, and when called on them, attempt to change the subject. You put words in others' mouths, or keyboards, in an attempt to drag them into a debate about something they never thought nor said.

For anyone interested in the tactics being used by this individual, there are plenty of resources out there, here's a decent one to get started. See how many traits you can spot! Recognising and Dealing with Trolls
    FFR likes this.
    05-14-2015 03:51 PM
    Ah yes. Another article full of coulds and mays.

Tell me, are you able to lay hold of any factual information of this patent's implementation that does not rely on coulds and mays and ifs?

05-14-2015 04:02 PM
    Are you kidding.
    I can't wait until Apple combines Touch ID and iCloud.
    It's peculiar how your trying so desperately to spin this as a negative.

What smartphone are you currently using?

OK, no problem then. I use a Passport currently.
    Apple has lots of patents... some they use, some they don't... So what if they have that patent... get back to me when it's implemented.
    It's FUD you keep quoting to build up your premise that Apple sucks and Blackberry is King.
    Alright, fair enough, FUD it is.

I am as concerned about dropoutjeep today as I was about the Snowden related reports of the NSA hacking into my 9700 in 2009.

Do you *HONEStLY* believe that it is impossible for any government anywhere to tap into any smartphone they want? Heck BlackBerry handed over the keys to the kingdom under pressure. They bent over like a palm tree in a hurricane.

Understood. But the difference is with BES/BB you have to ask first, and be given those keys as opposed to just taking.
    The only thing your intrusion has done is solidify your position as a blackberry shill. If anything you've actually driven people away from blackberry by showing a complete lack of understanding of Apple's and other's technologies. Who would trust someone who can't even take the time to properly research the topic that they are trying to debate? You've taken the typical troll approach, whether purposefully or not, of cherry picking and diversion tactics. You post statements that show a clear lack of understanding of the subject matter, and when called on them, attempt to change the subject. You put words in others' mouths, or keyboards, in an attempt to drag them into a debate about something they never thought nor said.

For anyone interested in the tactics being used by this individual, there are plenty of resources out there, here's a decent one to get started. See how many traits you can spot! Recognising and Dealing with Trolls
    Thanks Mike. I didn't realize I was a troll. Clears a lot up for me.
    Ah yes. Another article full of coulds and mays.

Tell me, are you able to lay hold of any factual information of this patent's implementation that does not rely on coulds and mays and ifs?

Nope. Just looking at past performance and applying that to the future.
    05-14-2015 04:50 PM
    OK, no problem then. I use a Passport currently.

Alright, fair enough, FUD it is.

Understood. But the difference is with BES/BB you have to ask first, and be given those keys as opposed to just taking.

Thanks Mike. I didn't realize I was a troll. Clears a lot up for me.

Nope. Just looking at past performance and applying that to the future.
    Ah. So you're adding your supposition to an article full of suppositions with no factual basis.

You're batting a thousand, babe.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    mikeo007 likes this.
    05-14-2015 04:56 PM

Who has to ask? Governments? Do you honestly believe that any government that conducts surveillance engages in transparent ediscovery? Do you really think that the CIA waits for a court order to engage in surveillance where all they've got to prove is probable cause under the Patriot Act? Sure bulk collection of data is under fire, but if you think that you're safe from monitoring after you've called attention to yourself simply because you happen to have a BlackBerry, you are woefully mistaken.

Newsflash the NSA gained access to BlackBerry. Look it up.

05-14-2015 05:09 PM
    Ooooooooo looky here.....I can spy on my ex.....on his BlackBerry.......
    http://www.mobistealth.com/blackberry-spy-software

But.....but......BlackBerry is IMPENETRABLE!!!!!!

kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
    05-14-2015 05:32 PM
    Oooooooooo and looky here......he can't do it to me because my iPhone is stock and not jailbroken.......hhhhhhmmmmm......interesting..... .

http://www.placepop.com/mobistealth-...this-software/

05-14-2015 06:03 PM
    See...do you have to make those snide little comments? "You have todays internet win"...wtf is that? I couldn't care less about "winning" an internet argument, but when someone comes in here and is spouting off false information, misguided information or is just clearly not educated in the subject they are discussing, I'm going to come in here and share what I know, and if it corrects said issues, so be it.

You didn't really make anyone understand anything people here didn't already know. To be honest, the only clear cut thing I saw happen in here is that you MAY now know what the patents Blackberry holds entail (as you obviously didn't before).

You started out throwing jabs in here and then you backed away because you realized what you were saying was non-sense. Now you're just pretending like it's all light hearted banter while still making your little passive aggressive comments to try and make it clear that you're not really paying attention anyways.

Take being wrong with some dignity.
    mikeo007 and qbnkelt like this.
    05-14-2015 06:08 PM
    H
    Oooooooooo and looky here......he can't do it to me because my iPhone is stock and not jailbroken.......hhhhhhmmmmm......interesting..... .

http://www.placepop.com/mobistealth-...this-software/

Here's another one just in case you need a second solution

http://www.sigmaspy.com/blackberry-spy/
    05-14-2015 06:14 PM
    H

Here's another one just in case you need a second solution

http://www.sigmaspy.com/blackberry-spy/
    But......but.....BlackBerry IS SECURE!!!!!!!!

05-14-2015 06:23 PM
    I so loved all the Blackberry devices I've had... But I have to agree with qbnkelt: they have dropped all the balls they could with a vengeance. Heartbreaking, really, because back in its heyday, Blackberry put out some seriously cool devices.
    And at a very difficult time in my life, my phone was the one thing that I didn't need to worry about.
    I kept up with work, lawyers (ugly divorce, lol) kids, teachers, coordinated my relocation across the country, switched jobs, sold a house, bought another, traveled from coast to coast to make all this happen a bazillion times, and amazingly enough, after managing to get a virus on my PC that fried my hard drive, my Blackberry phones were the only things that never ever let me down.
    Not once.
    Fast forward a few years...
    Not only did Blackberry completely fail to keep up with the tech requirements of the time, they actually turned the clock back, added obstacles at every turn and now Blackberry devices have become these weirdo bricks with glaring Android wannabe tendencies, they fail at being Blackberry as we know it and they even fail at being Androids.
    Imagine that.
    So like I said...
    I'll always have fond memories for what Blackberry USED to be.
    Today, though, it is, for me, an abject failure.
    And I was the one who "would never ever go back to Apple"!
    But Apple has totally won me back, so there ya go.
    05-14-2015 06:59 PM
    My final straw with Blackberry came as a one two punch. Hearing that apps would be relegated to pooched Android apps or the Amazon Apps store apps followed by Link eating a back up and making it irretrievable. I've got family pictures that are still inaccessible.
    That was it. If out up with the bricking 9900 devices dying on me in the middle of the day (thank God I had my iPhone in my bag) and I'd put up with the rebooting Z10 with the amazing four hour battery life.
    But putting up with the buggy experience of android apps on a blackberry device for the foreseeable future? And my irretrievable family pics? Nope. That was it.

Evilguppy likes this.
    05-14-2015 07:33 PM
    My beloved Blackberry devices over the years:
    8700g
    8120 The original Pearl
    8320 Curve
    9000 The original Bold

I enjoyed every one of them back in the day, and even after defecting to the iPhone 3G for a short period of time, I purchased the original Blackberry Bold after the 3G fell in the ocean off the coast of South Carolina. I figured I'd stay with RIM to this very day....until I saw the Droid Incredible. That is one of the best phones I've ever owned. Anyway, I've since found peace with the iPhone, starting with the iPhone 4S. I've had every iPhone since with the exception of the iPhone 5C. I currently use the iPhone 6 Plus. Blackberry devices found a nich with corporate / government entities, and I worked in government during my time using BB devices. The iPhone changed everything, but a good deal of credit must go to Google for it Android creation. The appeal to those who were not corporate CEO's and the like was overwhelming. RIM failed to either see the trend or failed to act quick enough to it, and by the time it did, it was too late. Apple devices aren't perfect and they aren't perfect for everyone, but the iPhone is still The reigning champ of the smartphone world. The Blackberry Passport, the BB classic and the others are well-built devices, but the inclusion of Android apps is a clear indication that developmental support is all but gone. Do I hope that Blackberry could make a huge comeback? Sure, I do. Will I bet on it? Heck no!
    05-14-2015 07:43 PM
    Well I wanted to buy the iPhone outright so my savings were going to the Plus in September. And I want the black so it's going to take me a wee bit of time to save for that.

And the puppy is a total love. Except she's a hurricane. Hurricane Emma. She thinks mud is grand.
    Attachment 81451

Touche....That was eloquently written and I think you scared all the BB fans away. I love your post and your puppy is adorable. Good luck with the puppy faze.

qbnkelt likes this.
    05-14-2015 08:16 PM
168 ... 34567