Are there any cloud-based alternatives to iCloud to store my photos?

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
On computer? I thought he wanted for his phone.

The app syncs photos and give you access to whatever is on the server. I know it works on iOS, Android, Windows PC, OSX, and Linux. It has a WP8 app, but it can't auto-backup. And I have no idea if it works on Blackberry or not.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The app syncs photos and give you access to whatever is on the server. I know it works on iOS, Android, Windows PC, OSX, and Linux. It has a WP8 app, but it can't auto-backup. And I have no idea if it works on Blackberry or not.

The app does not let you open an account. There is a log in, but you must already have an account.

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
That's it, yeah. I've had them for about a year. They just revamped the website. I also use OneDrive. I have 45GB on Copy, so I keep my 30GB OneDrive inside my Copy folder so everything is cross-synced. I'm a bit paranoid about my stuff getting lost.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Google Photos to be released today and offers unlimited storage for free!
But don't upload nice photos taken with a decent DSLR camera with high quality resolution. Google compresses it down while mining your metadata to sell to advertisers and to make the whole idea work. I may use it to store wallpapers, gifs and png images.

☮

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
But don't upload nice photos taken with a decent DSLR camera with high quality resolution. Google compresses it down while mining your metadata to sell to advertisers and to make the whole idea work. I may use it to store wallpapers, gifs and png images.

☮

if i upload my very personal photo of my and my girlfriend on bed , google will still mine my metadata and sell it to advertisers ?

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Google has proven not to be as transparent as their ambitions had always claimed. Five years ago, I thought they were really in the game to make a difference. But they've become just as untrustworthy and greedy and downright scary as Facebook.

cbobb123

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Google has proven not to be as transparent as their ambitions had always claimed. Five years ago, I thought they were really in the game to make a difference. But they've become just as untrustworthy and greedy and downright scary as Facebook.

How?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just all this "opt out" crap. Signing us up for new ad platforms without our explicit permission. Burying how we turn it off. Multiple security flaws. The constant tracking of our e-mail. It freaks me out. It's getting harder and harder to avoid.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just all this "opt out" crap. Signing us up for new ad platforms without our explicit permission. Burying how we turn it off. Multiple security flaws. The constant tracking of our e-mail. It freaks me out. It's getting harder and harder to avoid.

It's nothing to worry about. They're not the NSA. They just want to taylor ads you might like. Otherwise, you would get ads you care nothing about.

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
It's nothing to worry about. They're not the NSA. They just want to taylor ads you might like. Otherwise, you would get ads you care nothing about.

God forbid.

I try to avoid Google as much as possible. It's only a matter of time before they start screwing us over...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
God forbid.

I try to avoid Google as much as possible. It's only a matter of time before they start screwing us over...

They're all doing it. Google can mine my data all they want. I have nothing to hide except a few girly pics. They do have great services. Except YouTube. Hate how they do YouTube.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

☮

AFAIK, Google does not sell your info. It is for their use only.

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
They're all doing it. Google can mine my data all they want. I have nothing to hide except a few girly pics. They do have great services. Except YouTube. Hate how they do YouTube.

Google outed a bunch of people without their consent. Some people do have things to hide and for good reason.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal