Are there any cloud-based alternatives to iCloud to store my photos?

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
my 5GB icloud storage is full , any cloud alternative to put my photos in ? so I can free up space for my iCloud

I can't back up my phone now , my iCloud storage is full

image.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: my 5GB icloud storage is full , any cloud alternative to put my photos in ?

is $0.99 per month for 20GB too much??

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

is $0.99 per month for 20GB too much??

I will do it later , I have some problem with my bank card at this moment
I have been working hard to sort the bank issues recently

if I can pay cash I m more then willing to do so

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

buy an iTunes gift card and apply it to your AppleID.

Do gift cards allow for recurring charges? I wasn't aware they had that capability...or does it just apply it to the Apple ID, and pull from the applied iTunes gift card balance first before charging CC on file? I've never actually bought an iTunes gift card before in my life, LOL!

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Do gift cards allow for recurring charges? I wasn't aware they had that capability...or does it just apply it to the Apple ID, and pull from the applied iTunes gift card balance first before charging CC on file? I've never actually bought an iTunes gift card before in my life, LOL!

no apple staff teach me this method to add money to my account so I can have more storage ,last week when I was in Apple Store lol

I live in north of england , UK

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Any charge of any kind will pull from a balance on your AppleID before it taps a CC on file... so yes, recurring charges will tap the available balance...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Any charge of any kind will pull from a balance on your AppleID before it taps a CC on file... so yes, recurring charges will tap the available balance...

Good to know. I was always curious about how people were paying for recurring charge stuff with no CC or debit card on file (IE: my nephews when they were younger). Now it makes sense...

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

I m in Apple Store now , the staff told me I purchase the iTunes gift card cannot used it to buy iCloud storage .

They said it must goes through a bank card

image.jpg

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

it sort now , another staff " my pretty girl " lol , she say yes I can and teach me how to do it

now I have 20GB storage in my iCloud

image.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

my 5GB icloud storage is full , any cloud alternative to put my photos in ? so I can free up space for my iCloud

I can't back up my phone now , my iCloud storage is full

View attachment 81257

Dropbox
OneDrive
Box
Google Drive

Take your pick.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Apple's pricing is a bit... High compared to what you get from other competitors. OneDrive gives you 30GB for free. Google gives you 15GB on Drive.

Flickr is the best place, IMO. You have 1TB and with their newly refreshed Apps and Website, it's kind of amazing. You can just have the Auto Uploadr set up on your Mac to upload from your Photos Library and it will get everything and skip duplicates. Then, when your 5GB gets full you just go into your Photos Library and clean it out. Pretty spiffy solution, IMO.

It's what I plan on doing. I had the 200GB iCloud Plan, but I downgraded it to the Free 5GB plan.

The Flickr iOS app is really really good now, too, and has non-destructive Ediitng like Photos. Really the only thing iCloud Photo has that's good, comparatively speaking, is a thick client desktop App (and that doesn't even matter if you use something like Lightroom).

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

FWIW all of those mentioned cloud services offer auto back-up of photos as well ...
Now saying that I still pony up 99? for the extra 20GB's for the wife and I (actually $1.98 if you want to get technical)...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Apple's pricing is a bit... High compared to what you get from other competitors. OneDrive gives you 30GB for free. Google gives you 15GB on Drive.

Flickr is the best place, IMO. You have 1TB and with their newly refreshed Apps and Website, it's kind of amazing. You can just have the Auto Uploadr set up on your Mac to upload from your Photos Library and it will get everything and skip duplicates. Then, when your 5GB gets full you just go into your Photos Library and clean it out. Pretty spiffy solution, IMO.

It's what I plan on doing. I had the 200GB iCloud Plan, but I downgraded it to the Free 5GB plan.

The Flickr iOS app is really really good now, too, and has non-destructive Ediitng like Photos. Really the only thing iCloud Photo has that's good, comparatively speaking, is a thick client desktop App (and that doesn't even matter if you use something like Lightroom).

Does Flickr have a file size limit? Dropbox does not, but others do.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I try to keep my free 5 gb in iCloud for my current phone back up. For storage of photos, videos, gifs, png images, Documents, and notes, I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. The larger videos go in Dropbox because there's no file size limit. Between the 3, I have 83 gb of storage. That will last me a long time. And then there's Google Drive which I have but don't yet use. I don't know much about Flickr. [ Goes to Google Flickr]

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen