Yeah, they do. But the problem I have with iCloud Photo Library or an app is they will use your free 5 gb of storage that I use to back up what is currently on my phone. If I back up and use iCloud Photo Library or their app, I would need to buy more storage from Apple. That's what they hope you'll do. The way it is, I have 83 gb of free storage with another 15 gb with Google Drive. I'm a tightwad.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Yeah, they do. But the problem I have with iCloud Photo Library or an app is they will use your free 5 gb of storage that I use to back up what is currently on my phone. If I back up and use iCloud Photo Library or their app, I would need to buy more storage from Apple. That's what they hope you'll do. The way it is, I have 83 gb of free storage with another 15 gb with Google Drive. I'm a tightwad.

yes but even before iCloud Photo Library exist , you would still use up the 5GB iCloud back up pretty quick ,

iCloud Photo Library won't duplicate your photo with iCloud back up ,
    so if you have 1000 photo and back up using only iCloud
    or if you have the same 1000 photos and back up using both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud back up
    they would use up the same amount of storage ,

indeed , I found out if you use iCloud Photo Library , you are using slightly less MB of storage
    05-10-2015 07:15 PM
    yes but even before iCloud Photo Library exist , you would still use up the 5GB iCloud back up pretty quick ,

iCloud Photo Library won't duplicate your photo with iCloud back up ,
    so if you have 1000 photo and back up using only iCloud
    or if you have the same 1000 photos and back up using both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud back up
    they would use up the same amount of storage ,

indeed , I found out if you use iCloud Photo Library , you are using slightly less MB of storage
    No, if it's not on your phone it won't be there twice. But what about the photos on the camera roll? Those back up to iCloud. Are you saying you keep no photos at all on your camera roll? Either place will use the same space. But it's not just photos you back up. It's everything you currently have on your phone. Then add the photos in iCloud Photo Library. That free 5 gb will go fast.

05-10-2015 08:01 PM
    I'm generally using one drive to back up photos. Even with free storage you still get, what, 25gbs? I also back up to Dropbox. And I do pay for a extra 20gb on iCloud, but considering canceling that.
    05-10-2015 09:05 PM
    We use Dropbox for backup of photos, and the app automatically sends them there on wifi. I don't use them on iCloud though and don't want them showing up in Photos/iPhoto.

Works for us
    05-10-2015 09:26 PM
    We use Dropbox for backup of photos, and the app automatically sends them there on wifi. I don't use them on iCloud though and don't want them showing up in Photos/iPhoto.

Works for us
    Is your free Dropbox storage enough or did you have to pay for the terabyte?
    05-10-2015 10:54 PM
    Nothing wrong with the other options, I just prefer the native option myself. Simplification is worth a dollar to me...especially in terms of native backup storage.
    qbnkelt and Not Quite Right like this.
    05-11-2015 12:34 AM
    Is your free Dropbox storage enough or did you have to pay for the terabyte?
    Free. Link in my sig.

I copy files over to my computer when it gets full but it's many months worth.
    05-11-2015 05:15 PM
    Free. Link in my sig.
    And what link would that be?...
    05-12-2015 11:35 AM
    And what link would that be?...
    You're right. I changed my sig (think there is a limit on links?) and took it out.
    Sign up for Dropbox using my link and get extra space (I will too) to start. When you refer you get bonus storage for free. Here's the link:

https://db.tt/eb7g9M8S
    05-13-2015 06:21 AM
    I like Box best. But I use Dropbox and OneDrive too.
    05-23-2015 12:08 PM
    Copy is really good (OSX, Windows, Linux, Android, etc compatible).

15GB for free and you can earn up to like 40GB if you do referrals (5GB per friend signed up). I've already maxed out my referrals, but you can use my referral link to get an extra 5GB for yourself if you want: https://copy.com?r=7EkCyL
    05-24-2015 06:00 AM
    I like Box best. But I use Dropbox and OneDrive too.
    what u use dropbox for ? photos ? doc ? video ?

i currently only use google drive ( for word doc and EVERYTHING (song , videos , everything ), iCloud ( everything ), one drive ( for microsoft word doc )
    05-25-2015 09:46 PM
    Copy is really good (OSX, Windows, Linux, Android, etc compatible).

15GB for free and you can earn up to like 40GB if you do referrals (5GB per friend signed up). I've already maxed out my referrals, but you can use my referral link to get an extra 5GB for yourself if you want: https://copy.com?r=7EkCyL
    what u use copy for ? photos ? videos? song ? or doc ? or something else ?
    05-25-2015 09:47 PM
    what u use dropbox for ? photos ? doc ? video ?

i currently only use google drive ( for word doc and EVERYTHING (song , videos , everything ), iCloud ( everything ), one drive ( for microsoft word doc )
    I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive for photos, videos, Documents, gifs, PNG images and other files.
    05-26-2015 06:35 AM
    what u use copy for ? photos ? videos? song ? or doc ? or something else ?
    My entire business is on Copy. Text, pictures, large documents, small, some audio files, some video files at times. It's just a great platform.
    05-26-2015 09:39 AM
    My entire business is on Copy. Text, pictures, large documents, small, some audio files, some video files at times. It's just a great platform.
    On computer? I thought he wanted for his phone.
    05-26-2015 09:44 AM
    On computer? I thought he wanted for his phone.
    The app syncs photos and give you access to whatever is on the server. I know it works on iOS, Android, Windows PC, OSX, and Linux. It has a WP8 app, but it can't auto-backup. And I have no idea if it works on Blackberry or not.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    05-26-2015 09:46 AM
    The app syncs photos and give you access to whatever is on the server. I know it works on iOS, Android, Windows PC, OSX, and Linux. It has a WP8 app, but it can't auto-backup. And I have no idea if it works on Blackberry or not.
    The app does not let you open an account. There is a log in, but you must already have an account.
    05-26-2015 09:56 AM
    The app does not let you open an account. There is a log in, but you must already have an account.
    You'll have to sign up via the browser then. I already had my account before I installed the app, so I didn't know that.
    05-26-2015 02:56 PM
    You'll have to sign up via the browser then. I already had my account before I installed the app, so I didn't know that.
    That's kind of unusual. Usually you can register in app for that kind of thing.
    05-26-2015 03:01 PM
    mm interesting app , is it this one ?

Are there any cloud-based alternatives to iCloud to store my photos?-image.jpg
    05-26-2015 06:25 PM
    That's the one I looked at. ↑↑
    05-26-2015 06:51 PM
    That's it, yeah. I've had them for about a year. They just revamped the website. I also use OneDrive. I have 45GB on Copy, so I keep my 30GB OneDrive inside my Copy folder so everything is cross-synced. I'm a bit paranoid about my stuff getting lost.
    05-26-2015 07:07 PM
    Google Photos to be released today and offers unlimited storage for free!
    05-28-2015 03:00 PM
    Google Photos to be released today and offers unlimited storage for free!
    But don't upload nice photos taken with a decent DSLR camera with high quality resolution. Google compresses it down while mining your metadata to sell to advertisers and to make the whole idea work. I may use it to store wallpapers, gifs and png images.

☮
    05-28-2015 07:28 PM
63 123