So lately I've noticed that I've had some battery life degradation on my Macbook Pro. I also noticed that I had a location service icon on my upper menu bar...I look in my location services and it shows that Maps has recently tried or HAS used location services (I have not personally used Maps in probably a week or two myself).

Long story short...I implemented Little Snitch 3 to see what processes are attempting to use or send out data without my knowledge, and I come across this:

"Mapspushd"

...and it seems to be trying to establish connections with odd websites that I either rarely use or NEVER use (IE: moviefone.com...I never use that website, I always use fandango).

Anyone have any ideas?
    05-03-2015 09:03 PM
    Maybe Spotlight searches if you do them for things that require location based lookups?
    05-03-2015 09:52 PM
    Maybe Spotlight searches if you do them for things that require location based lookups?
    Good guess, but as far as I understand/understood...Spotlight has it's own defined processes. This shows up independently of Spotlight.
    05-03-2015 11:00 PM
    Do you ever do searches for movie times via Spotlight though? If so that could be calling an additional process.
    05-04-2015 06:41 AM
    Do you ever do searches for movie times via Spotlight though? If so that could be calling an additional process.
    Nope. I never use spotlight actually...
    05-04-2015 10:28 AM
    I just took some time to Google the hell out of this thing and came up with nothing. I even inadverately came across Sean on reddit lol

Anyway, I noticed that you said you visit Fandango. I believe Fandango is Moviefone's ticket provider so that may or not have something to do with that.
    05-04-2015 05:05 PM
    I just took some time to Google the hell out of this thing and came up with nothing. I even inadverately came across Sean on reddit lol

Anyway, I noticed that you said you visit Fandango. I believe Fandango is Moviefone's ticket provider so that may or not have something to do with that.
    lol! Now you can stalk me on Reddit.

Yeah, this thing is weird...and honestly, I don't think I've EVER used Fandango on my computer to order tickets (I use my iPhone).

I haven't had any issues in a couple of days, so maybe it realized I recognized it and it stopped, LOL!
    05-05-2015 06:10 PM