back in 2010 I brought an iPhone 3GS from a Apple Store in Asia hong kong , when I come back to Europe UK I find out no SIM card works on the 3GS.

the mobile boardband staff told me the iPhone is locked by carrier ? I brought it from Apple Store how could it locked to carrier

I guess it is regional lock or it just don't support UK network signal frequency .

why the IPhone 3GS cannot use in UK

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -( this a things happened 5 years ago , I remember it and decide to put it on here and asking why )
    05-02-2015 12:40 PM
    I think you answered your own question...
    05-02-2015 12:51 PM
    I could be both locked by carrier and incompatible with the UK networks...Apple sells both carrier locked and unlocked phones, so just because you bought it at the Apple Store doesn't mean it is "unlocked".
    05-02-2015 04:21 PM
    I could be both locked by carrier and incompatible with the UK networks...Apple sells both carrier locked and unlocked phones, so just because you bought it at the Apple Store doesn't mean it is "unlocked".
    2015 I brought iPhone from Apple Store in UK , I ask the lady can I use it in America , Canada , Australia and Europe , she say yes

she say because UK phone use both gsm , cdma , hspa ,
    but iPhone brought in America and Asia would only support either 1 or 2 in gsm , cdma and hspa , so iPhone brought in America and Asia might not be able to use in UK , but iPhone brought in UK can work in everywhere

I forgot if she say gsm , cdma , but she is talking about the signal , she say because UK iPhone use both , but iPhone from USA and Asia only use either one of the frequency or signal or something like that , so American iPhone might not use in UK , but UK can use in everywhere

is that true
    05-03-2015 05:22 AM
    Aren't we in 2015???

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk🇨🇦
    05-04-2015 01:16 AM