iPhone 5s is not really doing multitasking

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 5s is not really doing multi tasking probably because it only has 2 cores

1) I open google chrome browsing a web page , then jump to safari browse another page , goes back to chrome and page got reloaded

2) browsing google chrome , open more then 2 pages and pages start to reload

3) google chrome load a page to mid point , open another tap page for 30 second , comes back to that original tap and not loading while I m on another page , so only the tab on screen is loading

4) open more then 3 apps , apps start to reload , sometimes if I use 1 apps for too long , the second app in the background need to reload

I remember when I use dual core android phone Motorola I can do multitasking , I can load a page even when that page is not on screen

and I can open more pages in that dual core Motorola phone without reload the pages

and I can open more apps in background without reload the apps

imagine a 8 cores note 4 , how much multitasking it can done

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone does not have true multi-tasking, and it really has never needed it, in my opinion. Still, the options are to deal with the limitation and wait until a future iPhone allows for true multi-tasking or switch to a platform that already allows for it. Which choice will you choose?

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think page and app reloading has anything to do with cores. It has to do with available memory. iPhones and Androids try to keep backgrounded apps in memory. But if an app gets swapped out of memory to make room for another, it'll get reloaded the next time you open it.

Same with Android.

Many apps are supposed to preserve their status before being swapped out and return to that state when switched to again - so in theory you wouldn't know they were loaded all over again, except for it taking a few extra moments to open. Some do it better than others, some don't bother at all.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone does not have true multi-tasking, and it really has never needed it, in my opinion. Still, the options are to deal with the limitation and wait until a future iPhone allows for true multi-tasking or switch to a platform that already allows for it. Which choice will you choose?

Is there a specific question we could answer for you?

just want to know if iPhone 5s or 6 plus has multi tasking

have been a iPhone user since 2009 , iPhone is the best phone ever , way better then android and windows , and any other os IMO

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
just want to know if iPhone 5s or 6 plus has multi tasking

have been a iPhone user since 2009 , iPhone is the best phone ever , way better then android and windows , and any other os IMO

The section under "Allow Apps To Refresh In The Background" may best answer your questions regarding multi-tasking on the iPhone.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202070

Some apps will run for a short period of time before they're set to a suspended state. This means they're not actively in use, open, or taking up system resources. When you return to these apps, they'll open instantly.
To save battery, apps running in the background refresh at certain times, like when your device is connected to Wi-Fi, plugged into a power source, or being actively used. iOS learns patterns based on how you use your device and tries to predict when an app running in the background should refresh. It also learns when the device is typically inactive, like at night, to help keep apps from refreshing when you're not using your device. Apps can also schedule background refreshing based on your location.

Source: the link above...

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

It does have true multitasking, just connect to xCode and take a look at all the running background processes :). Apple's first party apps have access to unlimited background processing. 3rd party apps have access to a select set of APIs that allow background processes to continue, but with battery conservation as a top priority.

What we're seeing in this example (switching between Safari and Chrome) is aggressive memory management and hitting the limits of 1GB of RAM. Web pages use a ton of RAM, so in order for Chrome to load its pages, Safari's active memory has to be dumped and freed up for Chrome. Most people that I know don't run into this issue, but I imagine it's going to become more prevalent with responsive web design and web pages using more and more RAM.

Luckily Apple has made the switch to 2gb of RAM in newer devices, so the problem will once again be non-existent with newer hardware. Try this on the iPad Air 2, you have to open a metric ton of tabs before anything starts re-loading.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It does have true multitasking, just connect to xCode and take a look at all the running background processes :). Apple's first party apps have access to unlimited background processing. 3rd party apps have access to a select set of APIs that allow background processes to continue, but with battery conservation as a top priority.

What we're seeing in this example (switching between Safari and Chrome) is aggressive memory management and hitting the limits of 1GB of RAM. Web pages use a ton of RAM, so in order for Chrome to load its pages, Safari's active memory has to be dumped and freed up for Chrome. Most people that I know don't run into this issue, but I imagine it's going to become more prevalent with responsive web design and web pages using more and more RAM.

Luckily Apple has made the switch to 2gb of RAM in newer devices, so the problem will once again be non-existent with newer hardware. Try this on the iPad Air 2, you have to open a metric ton of tabs before anything starts re-loading.

I've always loved you.....

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
blush_thanks_plz_by_blushthanksplz-d3g0s9n.png

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I've always loved you.....

since when did here became a love movie _ lolocaust

damn really hope apple put more ram on iPhone 4s onward , they don't put more ram on iPhone 5 5s 6plus probably because they want to save money , and make " room " for future iPhone , so future iPhone can have a "selling point" ,

anyway apple still the best product in the market at this moment

android chasing iPhone like a raging bull lol , galaxy s6 , 8 cores with 3 or 4 GB ram ( i don't remember )

some android phones have 4 GB ram , still lag like there is no tomorrow lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73