America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british government do da same?

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
i know that american government let workers choice between iPhone 6 or galaxy s 6 giveaway , did british government do the same thing

i do know some british government department give out nokia 100 to workers

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No "giveaway"... In most cases, the devices remain government property and employees use them while employed.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
OP, it's not as simple as you're thinking at all...only certain people employed within the federal government (or local government for that matter) are issued smart phones for official use. Most employees who are offered the phones are government workers who are in the field more often than in the office, otherwise they would be supplied with a desk phone.

Those who do get phones have a fairly set in stone regulation set that must be abided by in order to retain the phone. Private use of the phone is very much frowned upon, and the phones are usually locked out of general application purchases unless they are relevant to the work function of the employee (obviously people figure out work arounds for this, and use their work phone for private usage all the time, but the regulations are still there).

The phones are also property of the government, so one does not get to keep them...they can be recovered at any time, they can be wiped and locked down at any time, and have numerous monitoring applications running on them so the government knows exactly who, what and why you were using it at any given time.

I had an HTC EVO for quite some time before they started offering iPhones...switched to a 5 then a 5S before i resigned from my federal position. That phone was strictly used for official duty in my case because honestly, I didn't need the feds breathing down my neck for using it otherwise...I never even made so much as a personal phone call on the thing, especially with a perfectly functional personal iPhone that was with me at all times as well.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
No "giveaway"... In most cases, the devices remain government property and employees use them while employed.

OP, it's not as simple as you're thinking at all...only certain people employed within the federal government (or local government for that matter) are issued smart phones for official use. Most employees who are offered the phones are government workers who are in the field more often than in the office, otherwise they would be supplied with a desk phone.

Those who do get phones have a fairly set in stone regulation set that must be abided by in order to retain the phone. Private use of the phone is very much frowned upon, and the phones are usually locked out of general application purchases unless they are relevant to the work function of the employee (obviously people figure out work arounds for this, and use their work phone for private usage all the time, but the regulations are still there).

The phones are also property of the government, so one does not get to keep them...they can be recovered at any time, they can be wiped and locked down at any time, and have numerous monitoring applications running on them so the government knows exactly who, what and why you were using it at any given time.

I had an HTC EVO for quite some time before they started offering iPhones...switched to a 5 then a 5S before i resigned from my federal position. That phone was strictly used for official duty in my case because honestly, I didn't need the feds breathing down my neck for using it otherwise...I never even made so much as a personal phone call on the thing, especially with a perfectly functional personal iPhone that was with me at all times as well.

uk gov give Nokia 100 to their worker , poor

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Isn't this something that should be brought up to your Prime Minister for discussion in session?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Correct. My work issued SGS5 is strictly work. No personal use at all.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british gov...

Right now it happens to be my iPhone.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
America government give out iphone 6 or galaxy s6 to worker , did british gov...

Yup.....

blackberry is famous is USA , and Canada not really in UK

I see 1/100 people use blackberry here

and I see tons of European migrate use windows phone in UK

windows phone is solid

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 1520 that I left at home. Normally it's on THIS line.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Main reason is I Iike phones. Some women collect shoes, I collect phones.
The second reason is I like to know what's out there and I don't like people who tell wild stories about what a phone can or can't do. For example, I bought the Quasmoso off a friend who, I her words, was going to smash it against the wall. She hates it, so I gave her 150 for it and she's used that down for her iPhone. Why I found out is that it's a hot mess of bugs - terrible camera, flickering screen, contact app that multiplies contacts - and that the legendary battery life that it's supposed to have is no better than the battery life I had since September on my iPhone 6.
So I buy phones because I like to try me things and because I don't like fanboys from any platform to take me for a fool. And I tell the truth as I encounter it.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
is there a way to disable all notification in 1 time , instead of disable them each one by one

is there a way to disable all notification in 1 time , instead of disable them each one by one

it seems like I have to delete them one by one , which I have hundreds of apps so it don't make sense

View attachment 81046

Main reason is I Iike phones. Some women collect shoes, I collect phones.
The second reason is I like to know what's