APPLE CARE : and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage, each incident being subject to a 55 excess fee.

what does that mean , so apple will still charge me 55 for a incident iPhone damage even tho i have purchased the 79 APPLE CARE ?
    04-30-2015 04:32 AM
    Think of it being like a deductible on a traditional insurance claim.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-30-2015 07:24 AM
    APPLE CARE : and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage, each incident being subject to a 55 excess fee.

what does that mean , so apple will still charge me 55 for a incident iPhone damage even tho i have purchased the 79 APPLE CARE ?
    For iPhones there are two levels of coverage - the basic AppleCare is free (included in purchase price) - which covers manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year (some countries requires 2 year coverage), and include 90 days of telephone support.

The extended coverage is called AppleCare+ (PLUS). This costs $99 USD and covers manufacturing defects and accidental damage plus telephone support for 2 years. This covers everything but theft and loss, and for physical damage and other non-manufacturing defects, you get two replacements within the 2 year coverage period for an added fee, depending on the device model.

Yeah, you buy the coverage and then have to pay for the replacements as a "deductible".
    04-30-2015 09:55 AM
    For iPhones there are two levels of coverage - the basic AppleCare is free (included in purchase price) - which covers manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year (some countries requires 2 year coverage), and include 90 days of telephone support.

The extended coverage is called AppleCare+ (PLUS). This costs $99 USD and covers manufacturing defects and accidental damage plus telephone support for 2 years. This covers everything but theft and loss, and for physical damage and other non-manufacturing defects, you get two replacements within the 2 year coverage period for an added fee, depending on the device model.

Yeah, you buy the coverage and then have to pay for the replacements as a "deductible".

replacing the whole iPhone ( give you a new one ) cost 199 in UK .

replacing screen cost 99 in UK

so if I pay 79 for apple care , then I pay 55 for let say the whole new iPhone or screen or whatever, , it would be a total of 134

it means I saved 65 .

I have never damage my iPhone more twice in my 6 years of iPhone useage , so

so we'll let say I damage the iPhone again within the 2 years and I pay 55 again to get a new iPhone , then I saved 144 .

only if I managed to damaged it within 2 years time
    04-30-2015 01:36 PM
    replacing the whole iPhone ( give you a new one ) cost 199 in UK .

replacing screen cost 99 in UK

so if I pay 79 for apple care , then I pay 55 for let say the whole new iPhone or screen or whatever, , it would be a total of 134

it means I saved 65 .

I have never damage my iPhone more twice in my 6 years of iPhone useage , so

so we'll let say I damage the iPhone again within the 2 years and I pay 55 again to get a new iPhone , then I saved 144 .

only if I managed to damaged it within 2 years time
    What I stated is how AppleCare+ works. Whether or not it's a good deal is up to the individual to decide.
    04-30-2015 02:43 PM
    Apple care+ may not "be worth it," but I sure do enjoy the piece of mind that comes with having it. It is easier to pay $79 to get my phone either fixed or replaced if I break it then having to pay possibly $100's of dollars. I may never use it, but it's nice to know I'm covered just in case.
    05-02-2015 02:11 AM