Google Plus

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I see in google plus there is an option to auto upload photos when taken. Does anyone use this? If they are uploaded then can I delete them from my iPhone? Sorry just new at this.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Most social networks have some form of photo posting and your photos will remain there regardless if you delete them from your camera roll on your device

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I see in google plus there is an option to auto upload photos when taken. Does anyone use this? If they are uploaded then can I delete them from my iPhone? Sorry just new at this.

Upload to Google+, no. Upload to my Microsoft OneDrive, yes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so I can use google plus like a cloud drive to back up the photos on my iPhone ?

You can, but it's not the best option for storing many photos. I keep a few on Google+ to share. But for storage, I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. There's also Google Drive.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
You can, but it's not the best option for storing many photos. I keep a few on Google+ to share. But for storage, I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. There's also Google Drive.

oh yeah , I mean google drive ,

upload photos from iPhone to google drive. , good option ?

because my iCloud storage is full

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
oh yeah , I mean google drive ,

upload photos from iPhone to google drive. , good option ?

because my iCloud storage is full

I think so. I have it in my purchased list, but have yet to use it. Don't need it yet. I think you get 15 free gb with Google Drive.

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok I downloaded google drive. Uploaded all my photos. Now is it ok to delete them from my phone? Also, there is a place in the menu that says Google photos. What is this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok I downloaded google drive. Uploaded all my photos. Now is it ok to delete them from my phone? Also, there is a place in the menu that says Google photos. What is this?

Yes, you can delete them from the camera roll. I haven't used Google Drive yet. Do not sure about Google photos. Did you tap on it? I think they are photos in Google Plus.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
When you have a gmail account, that gives you all google services.
Yes, once photos are uploaded to google drive, you can then delete them from the phone.
G+ (google plus) will also back up all your photos. You can set G+ to only upload while on Wifi or to use data.
G+ is awesome, don't think of it as a facebook wanna-be because it's so much more than that.
G+ has a feature that is called auto awesome. If you went to a party and took a bunch of pics, it will email you and tell you to check out the auto awesome photo "slide show" that it puts together for you.
Also, G+ lets you follow "communities" or your favorite sites.
I love cats and follow 2 cat communities. I follow several tech sites and android and apple communities as well.
It basically becomes a news reader full of stuff YOU like. I love it. It's the FIRST app I install on my new iPhones and its part of the android OS so its there when you turn it on.

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
So if I delete all my pics from my phone and decide I want to share an app on Instagram will it show the pics in Google drive since my camera roll will be empty?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So if I delete all my pics from my phone and decide I want to share an app on Instagram will it show the pics in Google drive since my camera roll will be empty?

Yes. You can even create albums in Google Drive, I think. You can in the other cloud apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes. You can even create albums in Google Drive, I think. You can in the other cloud apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive.

is this auto uploader for google+ and onedrive only applied for pictures that taken by camera (camera roll) only, or to other picture folders as well ? (like whatsapp saved pictures folder) ?