I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No. The argument is going in circles.

I say, don't update. You're risking issues needlessly. If your phone is working fine leave it alone.

You say update. My iPhones work great and I've never had a problem.

So that's the end of the conversation.

What else would you like to add?

There you go again...you have a real problem keeping up with what people actually said don't you?

I never said update...I don't care if you ever update your phone. 8.3 addressed some things that I felt were important (IE: lock screen control center bug)...so I had no problem updating to it. I actually agree with you, if you feel your phone works fine on 8.2, then keep 8.2! LOL! 8.3 runs perfectly for me so I'm fine with it...who cares?

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
There you go again...you have a real problem keeping up with what people actually said don't you?

I never said update...I don't care if you ever update your phone. 8.3 addressed some things that I felt were important (IE: lock screen control center bug)...so I had no problem updating to it. I actually agree with you, if you feel your phone works fine on 8.2, then keep 8.2! LOL! 8.3 runs perfectly for me so I'm fine with it...who cares?

I have no lock screen bug. I have 8.1.2. That's the issue with updating. Maybe there was no lock screen bug issue with 8.1.2, but it appeared with 8.2 so now you have to update to 8.3 to fix the lock screen bug that wasn't there before you blindly updated for no reason.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: I upgraded from an iphone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it.

Even he agreed iOS 7 was an epic failure.

iOS 7, to me, wasn't an epic failure at all...we all have opinions, you just seem to think that either A.) Your opinion is actually fact, or B.) Most people agree with your opinion. In either case, you're wrong.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

iOS 7, to me, wasn't an epic failure at all...we all have opinions, you just seem to think that either A.) Your opinion is actually fact, or B.) Most people agree with your opinion. In either case, you're wrong.

Good for you.

iOS 7 was a massive fail.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have no lock screen bug. I have 8.1.2. That's the issue with updating. Maybe there was no lock screen bug issue with 8.1.2, but it appeared with 8.2 so now you have to update to 8.3 to fix the lock screen bug that wasn't there before you blindly updated for no reason.

The lock screen control center bug was there since the release of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. If you didn't have it, that is great! A lot of people did, and thankfully it seems to have been corrected with 8.3. I didn't blindly update anything, in fact, there have been many times where I don't even pay attention to the firmware updates because my phone works just fine and no real features were added...something you said yourself...and yet you're still arguing this point with me? Reading comprehension must also escape you.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

In your opinion.

Look above. Talk to "Evilguppy". Maybe you'll listen to him.

Not in my opinion. It was the worst iOS release in history. All they've done since is fix iOS 7. All this iOS 8 is to clean up the mess of iOS 7, from performance from the new stupid transitions to everything else.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The lock screen control center bug was there since the release of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. If you didn't have it, that is great! A lot of people did, and thankfully it seems to have been corrected with 8.3. I didn't blindly update anything, in fact, there have been many times where I don't even pay attention to the firmware updates because my phone works just fine and no real features were added...something you said yourself...and yet you're still arguing this point with me? Reading comprehension must also escape you.

A bug? I thought Apple devices never had issues.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yea. You can keep saying that.

I have a sister. I have a friend.

They're running the first ever iPhone with iOS 10 and they never had a problem.

And I just told you I disagree. From my own experience the 4s was almost unusable with iOS 7. Ended up selling it.

I don't care about your anecdotes. They make no difference to me.

You said what you said. I said what I said.

I don't need to hear anymore, my iPhone works great. That's the end of that.

So now you're implying that I made up knowing someone with a 4S running IOS 8.
Well, ok, then, nevermind that I live in Silicon Valley where people prefer older iPhones to newer Androids and that your sole reason for your baseless accusation is that you couldn't argue your way out of a paper bag on this one.

Again, YES, IOS 7 was a catastrophe for many including me, but apparently all the updates must have worked because a lot of people run the current IOS on older devices.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

iOS 7 was a massive fail.
Nice statement of opinion as fact... smh...

Not in my opinion. It was the worst iOS release in history. All they've done since is fix iOS 7. All this iOS 8 is to clean up the mess of iOS 7, from performance from the new stupid transitions to everything else.
smh some more... it is your opinion...totally. And one that does not meet with my experience. At all.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Again, YES, IOS 7 was a catastrophe for many including me, .

Thank you. Someone is making sense now.

And yes. All the subsequent updates have fixed the mess iOS 7 created. Forstall and Steve would never have allowed that iOS 7 to come out like it did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
because you say so? No.

Look above. A sensible real user agrees.

iOS 7 was a disaster. Granted they have fixed much of it since.

I'm sure you won't believe anything I say, so ask Evilguppy to tell you her (it's a her right?) experience with iOS 7.

I'll let her go first and then I'll chime in and agree.

Because if I start you'll dismiss it as me lying.

In the meantime you can start reading this. It's a flashback to 2013 when it came out. Some of you may be a bit fuzzy

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/10/17/apple-ios-7-problems/2986189/

And I experienced all of this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's only accurate because it follows in line with your own personal opinion? You poor thing, lol.

iOS 7 was far from a disaster to me...if Evilguppy said the same thing you did (about it being a 'fact') I'd respond to her the same way.

And you keep implying that I said iPhones/iOS is perfect...can you show me where I said that? I'll wait (forever).

You have an opinion...no more factual than anyone else that has an opinion.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
It's only accurate because it follows in line with your own personal opinion? You poor thing, lol.

iOS 7 was far from a disaster to me...if Evilguppy said the same thing you did (about it being a 'fact') I'd respond to her the same way.

And you keep implying that I said iPhones/iOS is perfect...can you show me where I said that? I'll wait (forever).

You have an opinion...no more factual than anyone else that has an opinion.

She said "it was a catastrophe for many including me".

Just read the thread. It's all there.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/10/17/apple-ios-7-problems/2986189/

We are not making this up.

I know you'll defend apple to your grave, but it was. iOS 7 was bad. It went from a solid well put together tank to a Yugo.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you understand what the word "opinion" means and how they work?

Are you reading what I'm posting? Those aren't our opinions. They are well documented issues that were brought on by iOS 7 that made it to the news, that Apple acknowledged as issues and subsequently, slowly but surely, fixed those issues.

It isn't my opinion. It is my experience and the experience of many others that was acknowledged by Apple themselves as being real issues they had to fix.

And I gave you an article for you to read if you don't believe what I'm saying.

But now you'll say that articles lie.

iOS has issues. When you updated to 8.3 did you read what you were installing?

For example one of the issues was the constant dropping of wifi and poor wifi performance. If I come here saying I have wifi problems then you'll say I'm lying and that it is my opinion that iOS has issues because wifi works for you and everyone you know has no problems with wifi. Yet apple just released 8.3 to fix the wifi issue.

These aren't opinions. They're reality.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
There are no Blackberry phones. Anywhere

Like I said, my iOS devices work fine. Why do I need to update? I'm not getting anything I don't already have. Different color emoji? I don't need that.

The rest are fixes for problems I don't have.

Did you even read what 8.3 was before you hit Install? Or do you guys just buy a new phone every year so you don't care?

Because subsidies are a USA thing. I have to buy these things out right. $800 is a lot to pay for a phone. I need that phone to last me a very long time, so when the phone is rendered useless, like the 3G when iOS 4 came out and the iPhone 4/4s when iOS 7 came out (not to mention the older iPads), then you have to think twice about what you install on your phone because you may end up with a very expensive brick.

It's nice to live with subsidies where you pay $199 and just get every other iPhone. That's just fine and dandy isn't it.

8.3, again, is a collection of fixes for problems, yes problems, that REAL PEOPLE have. Not you 2 because you're special, but MANY people have problems so apple fixed them. And they threw more colors for Emoji. That's iOS 8.3.

You REALLY like nonsensical hyperbole, don't you???? LOL!!!!!!

There are NO BlackBerry phones anywhere!!!!! And that's a FACT says you!!!!
Right.....
uploadfromtaptalk1429837944641.jpg

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73