I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The only real issue I've ever had with Apple updates was IOS7, and that one was a doozie on both iPad and iPhone, for me.
However since then, Apple has addressed the issues and fixed the problems.
I have had ZERO issue on my iPhone 6 Plus following any of the IOS8 updates, and I only had a minor problem related to server crowding with my iPad Air 2, other than that, everything has been smooth as silk.

But Android? Aaaaaaaaah, very predictable: no matter what, it never fails:
I'd start with a device that worked really well, fell in love with it and then BAM! Update and everything would fall apart I epic fashion.
And it's not just me, it happened to a friend of mine yesterday.

So call me a fan girl if you must, I'm overjoyed to have come back to Apple, I love my Apple devices, they just work.
I'm even considering stealing kbnkelt's signature. Hehe.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

LOL!!! Go ahead, love!!! It enrages Apple haters and my anti-fans. I actually know of a group who were planning to come to iMore with signatures similar to mine extolling the wonders of their platform....strangely it didn't happen, but they had planned to.:rotfl:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
LOL!!! Go ahead, love!!! It enrages Apple haters and my anti-fans. I actually know of a group who were planning to come to iMore with signatures similar to mine extolling the wonders of their platform....strangely it didn't happen, but they had planned to.:rotfl:

I like your sig.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Simpletons seem to have a hard time understanding the concept of "When you do something right, people won't realize you've done anything at all."

When a tiny little sample size of people report an "issue", you'll be able to find it online...and then people like ajarnfalang will pretend like this group of people represents a legitimate number of consumers, when that is almost NEVER true even in the slightest.

You could go online and find thousands of people who think elvis is alive in the body of their hamster and clamor on and on about it on internet forums, blogs and other various types of communities...and then you'll have people like ajarnfalang who buy into it like gospel, not realizing how asinine they look defending such a stance.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Simpletons seem to have a hard time understanding the concept of "When you do something right, people won't realize you've done anything at all."

When a tiny little sample size of people report an "issue", you'll be able to find it online...and then people like ajarnfalang will pretend like this group of people represents a legitimate number of consumers, when that is almost NEVER true even in the slightest.

You could go online and find thousands of people who think elvis is alive in the body of their hamster and clamor on and on about it on internet forums, blogs and other various types of communities...and then you'll have people like ajarnfalang who buy into it like gospel, not realizing how asinine they look defending such a stance.

Ever seer the headlines of people seeing the Virgin Mary on a pancake???? They're headlines....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/people-who-found-jesus-in-their-food

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: I upgraded from an iphone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it.

Enough to make headlines.

But then that's no different than every other iOS release. My wifi doesn't work, my battery is draining, it's like Groundhog Day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then go buy a BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Then go buy a BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no Blackberry phones. Anywhere

Like I said, my iOS devices work fine. Why do I need to update? I'm not getting anything I don't already have. Different color emoji? I don't need that.

The rest are fixes for problems I don't have.

Did you even read what 8.3 was before you hit Install? Or do you guys just buy a new phone every year so you don't care?

Because subsidies are a USA thing. I have to buy these things out right. $800 is a lot to pay for a phone. I need that phone to last me a very long time, so when the phone is rendered useless, like the 3G when iOS 4 came out and the iPhone 4/4s when iOS 7 came out (not to mention the older iPads), then you have to think twice about what you install on your phone because you may end up with a very expensive brick.

It's nice to live with subsidies where you pay $199 and just get every other iPhone. That's just fine and dandy isn't it.

8.3, again, is a collection of fixes for problems, yes problems, that REAL PEOPLE have. Not you 2 because you're special, but MANY people have problems so apple fixed them. And they threw more colors for Emoji. That's iOS 8.3.

Last edited:

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The only real issue I've ever had with Apple updates was IOS7, and that one was a doozie on both iPad and iPhone, for me.
However since then, Apple has addressed the issues and fixed the problems.
I have had ZERO issue on my iPhone 6 Plus following any of the IOS8 updates, and I only had a minor problem related to server crowding with my iPad Air 2, other than that, everything has been smooth as silk.

But Android? Aaaaaaaaah, very predictable: no matter what, it never fails:
I'd start with a device that worked really well, fell in love with it and then BAM! Update and everything would fall apart I epic fashion.
And it's not just me, it happened to a friend of mine yesterday.

So call me a fan girl if you must, I'm overjoyed to have come back to Apple, I love my Apple devices, they just work.

Of course you don't. The 6 Plus just came out.

If you keep your 6 Plus, wait until you install a later version of iOS 9 or maybe 10 in the next year and a half and tell me that your 6 Plus performs the same as it used to.

They'll say your 6 Plus is old and can't handle all the magic of iOS 9.x.x so it is time to get a new phone.

Rinse and repeat.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If you keep your 6 Plus, wait until you install a later version of iOS 9 or maybe 10 in the next year and a half and tell me that your 6 Plus performs the same as it used to.

They'll say your 6 Plus is old and can't handle all the magic of iOS 9.x.x so it is time to get a new phone.

Rinse and repeat.

lol...I love this argument, because it's simply not true. Sister still uses an iPhone 5S, and it runs iOS 8 perfectly. Had an iPhone 5 as a government phone up until December of last year, and it ran iOS 8 just fine.

Nothing "rinse and repeat" about it...3-4 years down the road? Sure. But why wouldn't you want to upgrade at that point? The improvements and feature sets added to the iPhone 6/6 Plus are universally different than those found on the iPhone 4/4S.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
lol...I love this argument, because it's simply not true. Sister still uses an iPhone 5S, and it runs iOS 8 perfectly. Had an iPhone 5 as a government phone up until December of last year, and it ran iOS 8 just fine.

Nothing "rinse and repeat" about it...3-4 years down the road? Sure. But why wouldn't you want to upgrade at that point? The improvements and feature sets added to the iPhone 6/6 Plus are universally different than those found on the iPhone 4/4S.

I just told you. Subsidies are for you. We in the rest of the world pay cash. We can't buy a new phone every 2 years.

As far as the 5s. The 5s is a new phone. Some of us just got that phone at the beginning of 2014. I just bought one 3 days ago. It came out of the box with 8.1.2. It was manufactured in February 2015. Apple is still making the 5s. It is a new phone.

The 5s is the only small flagship phone Apple and any other manufacturer makes.

What do you mean she "still" has it like it's some sort of old phone. I would expect it to run iOS 8.3 perfectly.

Am I updating. NO. Because I gain 0 by doing it. I have no problems. 8.3 is to fix problems. I don't have any.

Maybe the hardware has come to a point where the phones will take less of a performance hit with the updates now. But it is a fact that iOS 7 ruined iOS devices for many people and the devices were never the same. They just basically forced everyone to get a new device. And paying $800 for a 16GB phone isn't something just anyone can do.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

We can stop this argument now.

It's just like the fanboys in Macrumors. You say anything bad about apple and in come the fanboys saying that nothing ever goes wrong and their devices run perfectly fine and that you're just lying.

Then you get banned for saying anything bad about Apple.

Really it is silly. Apple devices aren't perfect. I've had plenty of headaches with their devices. There is a way to live happily with Apple devices. I do like them. The way is, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

The end.

Now you've said your piece. Nothing ever goes wrong. Your devices run perfectly and you can blindly update and everything is great.

I disagree.

That's the end of the conversation.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Rinse and repeat.

Methinks you are confusing Apple and Samsung customer service, lol.
I know plenty of people with older iPhones who run IOS 8 just fine. This past weekend I saw a guy with a 4S running IOS 8 and he uses his phone for work all the time, he has no issues with it.
He said he'll upgrade as soon as he gets extra $$$ but he has no complaints.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You over generalize things, assume the world and you want people to just let you say your piece? LOL...you're joking right?

Nobody said Apple devices are perfect. There's not a perfect device on the planet, otherwise everyone would own it and it would be a really boring market.

And how are subsidies for me? I haven't paid a subsidized price in years and years...I pay full retail for my iPhones each year and sell the older device to off set some of that cost. I couldn't really care less if you can or can't afford a new phone every couple of years, this discussion isn't about that...and I replied because you made an asinine comment about how the iPhones can't keep up with the firmware releases...which they can and do.

You sit and whine about how people defend Apple regardless of what you see as faults...but you sit here and try to blame Apple for the world despite enjoying their products. Pot calling kettle black a bit huh?

And it's certainly not he end of the conversation, unless you're bowing out (which I honestly don't blame you for doing if you decide to, you have no real argument here to firmly stand on).

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Methinks you are confusing Apple and Samsung customer service, lol.
I know plenty of people with older iPhones who run IOS 8 just fine. This past weekend I saw a guy with a 4S running IOS 8 and he uses his phone for work all the time, he has no issues with it.
He said he'll upgrade as soon as he gets extra $$$ but he has no complaints.

Yea. You can keep saying that.

I have a sister. I have a friend.

They're running the first ever iPhone with iOS 10 and they never had a problem.

And I just told you I disagree. From my own experience the 4s was almost unusable with iOS 7. Ended up selling it.

I don't care about your anecdotes. They make no difference to me.

You said what you said. I said what I said.

I don't need to hear anymore, my iPhone works great. That's the end of that.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

You over generalize things, assume the world and you want people to just let you say your piece? LOL...you're joking right?

Nobody said Apple devices are perfect. There's not a perfect device on the planet, otherwise everyone would own it and it would be a really boring market.

And how are subsidies for me? I haven't paid a subsidized price in years and years...I pay full retail for my iPhones each year and sell the older device to off set some of that cost. I couldn't really care less if you can or can't afford a new phone every couple of years, this discussion isn't about that...and I replied because you made an asinine comment about how the iPhones can't keep up with the firmware releases...which they can and do.

You sit and whine about how people defend Apple regardless of what you see as faults...but you sit here and try to blame Apple for the world despite enjoying their products. Pot calling kettle black a bit huh?

And it's certainly not he end of the conversation, unless you're bowing out (which I honestly don't blame you for doing if you decide to, you have no real argument here to firmly stand on).

There you go. Exactly what I said.

My iPhone works fine. You're lying. Then in the same sentence "I buy a new iPhone every year". Hahaha.

Ok. Your anecdotes make no difference. My reality didn't change. I still had bad experiences with iOS updates and again, if my phone isn't broken I won't fix it with a useless update.

If I was a total fanboy and just had to have every new iPhone every year then I wouldn't care. By the time I noticed any issue it is time to get a new one.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea. You can keep saying that.

I have a sister. I have a friend.

They're running the first ever iPhone with iOS 10 and they never had a problem.

And I just told you I disagree. From my own experience the 4s was almost unusable with iOS 7. Ended up selling it.

I don't care about your anecdotes. They make no difference to me.

You said what you said. I said what I said.

I don't need to hear anymore, my iPhone works great. That's the end of that.

lol...so because you throw a temper tantrum you expect people to just let it go? Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
lol...so because you throw a temper tantrum you expect people to just let it go? Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

No. The argument is going in circles.

I say, don't update. You're risking issues needlessly. If your phone is working fine leave it alone.

You say update. My iPhones work great and I've never had a problem.

So that's the end of the conversation.

What else would you like to add?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

There you go. Exactly what I said.

My iPhone works fine. You're lying. Then in the same sentence "I buy a new iPhone every year". Hahaha.

Ok. Your anecdotes make no difference. My reality didn't change. I still had bad experiences with iOS updates and again, if my phone isn't broken I won't fix it with a useless update.

If I was a total fanboy and just had to have every new iPhone every year then I wouldn't care. By the time I noticed any issue it is time to get a new one.

You throw around your little trolly insults like it matters to anyone...why not work on your debating skills here instead of wasting time using such cliche "fanboy" attacks?

You also love putting words into people's mouths. I never called you a liar...maybe you do have issues with your devices or with the firmware updates, I really don't care either way lol. I said your argument was asinine because you like to generalize and pretend that things you've experienced are things EVERYONE experiences, enough to make that broad statements that you have.

You don't want to update to 8.3? Great...congratulations. Are you expecting a high five or something because you're paranoid and overly assumptive? Come back to reality little one...

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

You throw around your little trolly insults like it matters to anyone...why not work on your debating skills here instead of wasting time using such cliche "fanboy" attacks?

You also love putting words into people's mouths. I never called you a liar...maybe you do have issues with your devices or with the firmware updates, I really don't care either way lol. I said your argument was asinine because you like to generalize and pretend that things you've experienced are things EVERYONE experiences, enough to make that broad statements that you have.

You don't want to update to 8.3? Great...congratulations. Are you expecting a high five or something because you're paranoid and overly assumptive? Come back to reality little one...

The other guy makes more sense.

Even he agreed iOS 7 was an epic failure.

Just read what I posted above. I don't want to repeat it.

No. I don't NEED to update to 8.3. There's no need at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR