I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenzmom

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from an iphone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it.

I want to switch back to an IPhone 6, but am in 2 year contract with ATT, thoughts. I hate the android

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: I upgraded from an iphone 5 to a Samsung 5s and I hate it.

If you have anyone else on your plan, you can use their upgrade eligibility. Or . . . you can do like I did (2 months with a brand-new LG G3) and spend the extra money to break the contract and get the iPhone. It has been worth ever penny. :cool:

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

You could always see if someone wants to trade on Craigslist--just be careful. Or you could sell it and pay the difference for the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I want to switch back to an IPhone 6, but am in 2 year contract with ATT, thoughts. I hate the android
Check AT&T's Next program. It might, or might not, work for you.

Go to your account and check upgrade eligibility. Depending how long you've been on your contract you might be able to get a phone on Next and pay it in 12, 18, or 24 months.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you have anyone else on your plan, you can use their upgrade eligibility. Or . . . you can do like I did (2 months with a brand-new LG G3) and spend the extra money to break the contract and get the iPhone. It has been worth ever penny. :cool:

My sister in law got a new LG G3 and they just had an OS update from KitKat to Lollipop and it was horrible. Everyone is doing a Factory Reset. LOL

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

My sister in law got a new LG G3 and they just had an OS update from KitKat to Lollipop and it was horrible. Everyone is doing a Factory Reset. LOL

Sounds like all the people updating to iOS 8.3.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Hardly. Not *all* people updating to 8.3 had trouble.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Enough to make headlines.

But then that's no different than every other iOS release. My wifi doesn't work, my battery is draining, it's like Groundhog Day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Lollipop seriously caused problems with my SGS5's integration with Good.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

But then that's no different than every other iOS release. My wifi doesn't work, my battery is draining, it's like Groundhog Day.

And so you believe everything that is a headline?

I've had no issues with any iOS release since 2009. No wifi problems. Battery improved on 8.3 and I regularly get over one day.

As far as draining battery, Lollipop caused drain on my Note 4. GPS is dodgy. Frequent freezing requiring reboots. Took a factory reset. I've NEVER needed to do a factory reset on ANY iPhone. Or iPad. Or iPod.

You seem to love hyperbole. Let's bring the discussion back to reality, 'kay?!!?

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
And so you believe everything that is a headline?

I've had no issues with any iOS release since 2009. No wifi problems. Battery improved on 8.3 and I regularly get over one day.

As far as draining battery, Lollipop caused drain on my Note 4. GPS is dodgy. Frequent freezing requiring reboots. Took a factory reset. I've NEVER needed to do a factory reset on ANY iPhone. Or iPad. Or iPod.

You seem to love hyperbole. Let's bring the discussion back to reality, 'kay?!!?

Yea. I've heard all this in Macrumors. Somehow fanboys never have problems, but go check the official Apple forums and tell me it isn't an issue with every iOS release.

It's to the point where I turn updates off. I don't update my iOS devices unless I'm having an issue. There's nothing on iOS 8.3 that I want. No point in risking it.

And BTW, headlines end up being headlines from the thousands of people inundating the forums complaining about the same issue. Otherwise it wouldn't be a headline.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Have you ever noticed how the "headline" rarely match the actual contents of the story itself? Scare tactics in association with a respected name like Apple around the time of an important product launch sells newspapers and causes people to watch news shows. The reporters rarely mention that the problems are often caused by the user. For example, opting not to backup precious photos before doing a restore........Anyway, for the masses, iOS 8.3 is rock solid, in my opinion.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea. I've heard all this in Macrumors. Somehow fanboys never have problems, but go check the official Apple forums and tell me it isn't an issue with every iOS release.

It's to the point where I turn updates off. I don't update my iOS devices unless I'm having an issue. There's nothing on iOS 8.3 that I want. No point in risking it.

I don't go by rumours. If I did go by rumours I would believe in Bigfoot, Chupacabras, ET, and the Tooth Fairy.

As far as being a fanboy, I currently use all four major platforms and I give my experiences. I don't seek out issues in forums or headlines. If my iPhone were not flawless I would not be using it and I would choose any of my other three phones. Life is too short to put up with flawed tech when a better solution is readily available.

One would wonder why you would use an iPhone given all the headlines and all the issues reported on official Apple forums. So...why???!

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever noticed how the "headline" rarely match the actual contents of the story itself? Scare tactics in association with a respected name like Apple around the time of an important product launch sells newspapers and causes people to watch news shows. The reporters rarely mention that the problems are often caused by the user. For example, opting not to backup precious photos before doing a restore........Anyway, for the masses, iOS 8.3 is rock solid, in my opinion.

Headlines don't matter. Check the official apple forums. Real people real problems. Have a read.

I don't know why you're so focused on the word "headline".

I don't care about your particular anecdotes. I'm not a newbie when it comes to iOS. And from my own hell updates with the iOS game, that made my iPhone 4s unusable and killed my battery, which also made headlines and was even an issue apple acknowledged but never really fixed, I am NEVER updating an iOS device for as long as I own it.

From my own experience.

I only updated my iPad Air 2 a few weeks after purchasing it because there was a known crash issue that I and many were experiencing and after doing careful research that 8.1.2 actually did fix the issue and didn't create new ones, I updated. And it will stay in 8.1.2 forever.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't go by rumours. If I did go by rumours I would believe in Bigfoot, Chupacabras, ET, and the Tooth Fairy.

As far as being a fanboy, I currently use all four major platforms and I give my experiences. I don't seek out issues in forums or headlines. If my iPhone were not flawless I would not be using it and I would choose any of my other three phones. Life is too short to put up with flawed tech when a better solution is readily available.

One would wonder why you would use an iPhone given all the headlines and all the issues reported on official Apple forums. So...why???!

Oh my goodness. You guys aren't for real.

I told you I'm talking about real people from the official apple.com discussion forums. You know, where you log in with your Apple ID and post your issues? That one. It is inundated to the brim with iOS 8.3 issues about wifi and battery problems.

And I'm adding that it is the same with every iOS release and if you don't believe it, go there and search.

It isn't rumor. Real users. Real issues. Look it up.

I bought an iPhone 5s because it is the only good small phone anyone sells at this time.

I don't expect you to consider what I just said. Just look at your signature.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Headlines don't matter. Check the forums. Real people real problems.

I don't know why you're so focused on the word "headline".

I don't care about your particular anecdotes. I'm not a newbie when it comes to iOS. And from my own hell updates with the iOS game, that made my iPhone 4s unusable and killed my battery, which also made headlines and was even an issue apple acknowledged but never really fixed, I am NEVER updating an iOS device for as long as I own it.

From my own experience.

I only updated my iPad Air 2 a few weeks after purchasing it because there was a known crash issue that I and many were experiencing and after doing careful research that 8.1.2 actually did fix the issue and didn't create new ones, I updated. And it will stay in 8.1.2 forever.

Where in my reply did I say that no one had problems? I said for the masses, iOS 8.3 is rock solid, in my opinion, and I stick by my statement. In regard to the forum with real people and real problems, you do realize that those of us who frequent forums such as this, are minuscule in comparison to those that do not. Finally, in regard to "headlines", it was YOU who brought it up. I merely responded to it.

What you do with your iOS device is your business. If you don't trust any of the latest updates, that's your business. If you refuse to install any updates, that's your business. I'm thankful that I've not run into problems that you've encountered with your iOS devices. I will update mine every time there's an available update, but that's my choice. Anyway, I didn't mean to get you all riled up. Take care, and have a great day...;)

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Where in my reply did I say that no one had problems? I said for the masses, iOS 8.3 is rock solid, in my opinion, and I stick by my statement. In regard to the forum with real people and real problems, you do realize that those of us who frequent forums such as this, are minuscule in comparison to those that do not. Finally, in regard to "headlines", it was YOU who brought it up. I merely responded to it.

What you do with your iOS device is your business. If you don't trust any of the latest updates, that's your business. If you refuse to install any updates, that's your business. I'm thankful that I've not run into problems that you've encountered with your iOS devices. I will update mine every time there's an available update, but that's my choice. Anyway, I didn't mean to get you all riled up. Take care, and have a great day...;)

If the update doesn't concern me, there's no need to update. All it can do is cause potential problems.

If it's not broken don't fix it.

It is because of those people (that tiny minority you're talking about) that Apple releases updates like iOS 8.3. From people complaining.

If it was true that the "masses" never have any problems, then we would hardly have any updates.

You do realize 8.3 is mostly fixing problems right? If the masses aren't having any problems then why release 8.3 with a mile long list of fixes?

You're dreaming.

You're right. People who frequent forums are a tiny minority. Yet you have thousands of posts from people complaining about iOS updates killing their phones.

Can you imagine if there are thousands complaining how many there are with issues that never post?

I think I speak for the majority of iOS users when I say that the days (Forstall days) of trusting iOS updates blindly are over.

The responsible thing would be to advise people when it comes to iOS updates is to proceed with caution.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the update doesn't concern me, there's no need to update. All it can do is cause potential problems.

If it's not broken don't fix it.

It is because of those people (that tiny minority you're talking about) that Apple releases updates like iOS 8.3. From people complaining.

If it was true that the "masses" never have any problems, then we would hardly have any updates.

You do realize 8.3 is mostly fixing problems right? If the masses aren't having any problems then why release 8.3 with a mile long list of fixes?

You're dreaming.

Yes, I do, but that doesn't mean that everyone was experiencing the problems. For example, some people were experiencing Bluetooth and Wi-Fi issues with the previous versions. I was not one of them. Some complained of battery-related issues. Not me. Some people claimed that they lost all of their data, and yet, all of mine are still intact. Your experience has been negative whereas mine have been positive, and no, I'm not dreaming...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh my goodness. You guys aren't for real.

I told you I'm talking about real people from the official apple.com discussion forums. You know, where you log in with your Apple ID and post your issues? That one. It is inundated to the brim with iOS 8.3 issues about wifi and battery problems.

And I'm adding that it is the same with every iOS release and if you don't believe it, go there and search.

It isn't rumor. Real users. Real issues. Look it up.

I bought an iPhone 5s because it is the only good small phone anyone sells at this time.

I don't expect you to consider what I just said. Just look at your signature.

OK.

Just WHAT is wrong with my signature????? What does that have to do with the price of tea? Is it your assertion that I can't think objectively because I love the device I use?

As far as the rest, why would I go to an Apple forum to look for drama? I can find anything on the web for any position I want to take. So what? Reality is that I have not had one single issue with any of my iOS products which is *why* I use them. Why do you considering what's being said on forums and what's on headlines?

You know what's on headlines? Apple just had the most successful quarter in history. They're even over Exxon. How's that for a headline. And how does that relate to how I used device? NOT ONE IOTA. Because headlines and forums and rumours don't impact the performance of my device.

I don't go seeking headlines or validating my actions on web forums. I get what works for me. Finito. And I have not had one single issue with an iOS device. And guess what.....given the numbers of people buying iPhones, seems like they are happy too.

That's a headline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73