Question regarding iCloud photos.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm trying to get all my photos off of one drive and into iCloud, but I can't figure out a way to do it where I could also view them on my iOS devices. So far the only ways I've figured out is to drag all the photos to the iCloud Drive folder on my PC (but then there not viewable on my iOS devices because it says there encrypted) or to individually download each photo from the one drive app on my phone and it then goes to my photo stream, then I could move those from photo stream to a album I made. But I want these photos to survive a factory restore, not be lost if I decide not to restore from a backup.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to keep these photos in multiple cloud services.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm avoiding iCloud Photo Library. It takes all my iCloud storage I need for back ups of what's currently on my phone. I'll continue to use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm avoiding iCloud Photo Library. It takes all my iCloud storage I need for back ups of what's currently on my phone. I'll continue to use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive.

I'm still using one drive and Dropbox, but I may disable iCloud Photo Library until they figure out easier ways to do these things.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I did opt for the dollar a month 20gb iCloud plan. Seems like a good deal.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
First thing first, turn off Photo Stream completely and just stick with iCloud Photo library to avoid any confusion.

Lastly, if you go to iCloud.com from a browser and sign in you can upload pictures to your iCloud Photo library from the site itself. If it continues to say it can't do it because the photos are encrypted then all you can do is just download each individual photo on your iOS device.

You'll know that they're in your iCloud Photo library by going back to iCloud.com and checking if the photos are there in "Photos."

I've had nothing but a good experience with iCloud Photo library. The day iOS 8 beta 1 dropped I uploaded all my photos and videos to it. For a month or so I was no longer running iOS 8 before its public release. When I installed it on my 5S all those photos were still there in my library. I have a 20GB plan as you do and I backup a 6 Plus and 2 iPads and all works great. Remember that once iCloud Photo library is enabled your camera roll no longer backs up to your iOS device backups because you're essentially just doubling your storage for no reason.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
First thing first, turn off Photo Stream completely and just stick with iCloud Photo library to avoid any confusion.

Lastly, if you go to iCloud.com from a browser and sign in you can upload pictures to your iCloud Photo library from the site itself. If it continues to say it can't do it because the photos are encrypted then all you can do is just download each individual photo on your iOS device.

You'll know that they're in your iCloud Photo library by going back to iCloud.com and checking if the photos are there in "Photos."

I've had nothing but a good experience with iCloud Photo library. The day iOS 8 beta 1 dropped I uploaded all my photos and videos to it. For a month or so I was no longer running iOS 8 before its public release. When I installed it on my 5S all those photos were still there in my library. I have a 20GB plan as you do and I backup a 6 Plus and 2 iPads and all works great. Remember that once iCloud Photo library is enabled your camera roll no longer backs up to your iOS device backups because you're essentially just doubling your storage for no reason.

And I can still use one drive or Dropbox to do a second back up of them, right? And from the iCloud site or whatever I can still download the pics?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR