What is so special about the Apple products?

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't know the Galaxy Core Prime at all. I can say that the Note 4 is a great secondary device for me. Also I have read some negative reviews of Samsung entry and even midrange phones. I can tell you that my Note 4 is a considerably better device than my work issued SGS5. So I feel that the Note 4 is a very nice device.

Better than my iPhone 6? For my use, no. But if someone is thinking about a Note 4 for an Android device, I would say that's the top of the line for Samsung at the moment. And I do love mine.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

your work issued you an galaxy s5 , what good company is it ? I live in UK and I see no company that kindly gives out top range smartphone to worker

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: what is so special about the apple products

I work for the U.S. federal government. We get Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6.
I chose the Galaxy because of the removable battery.
I regret the choice and I will get an iPhone in January.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Truth be told: When an Android phone works, it's a ton of fun.
Unfortunately, they're unreliable imo because a software update can easily send it into a tailspin and it's a lot more time consuming and tedious to fix than with an Apple product, especially the newer generation Apple product.
So, for a techtard like me, Apple is the way.

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I also like apple because it doesn't have all of the carrier junk preloaded on it. I don't know if all of the other brands do, but I like the fact that I have the choice to have carrier stuff on my device or not.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Truth be told: When an Android phone works, it's a ton of fun.
Unfortunately, they're unreliable imo because a software update can easily send it into a tailspin and it's a lot more time consuming and tedious to fix than with an Apple product, especially the newer generation Apple product.
So, for a techtard like me, Apple is the way.

I owned an android.

Update broke 2 things. Quickly after LG released updates and fixed it. Done.

iPhone 4s. IOS 7 broke it and the phone was never the same and there's nothing you can do about it. Ended up selling it.

And BTW, updates are fixes. If you don't have a problem and your phone is working then don't fix it. Leave it alone. You don't have to update it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I owned an android.

iPhone 4s. IOS 7 broke it and the phone was never the same and there's nothing you can do about it. Ended up selling it.

And BTW, updates are fixes. If you don't have a problem and your phone is working then don't fix it. Leave it alone. You don't have to update it.

LOL, believe me, I wanted nothing more than to keep running my Note 3 on Jellybean, it worked like a dream.
I kept getting prompted to update, I kept refusing it.
One morning I woke up, the download was in progress.
I cancelled it.
The next day I woke up, the update was fully installed and Kitkat had effectively crippled my phone.
At least Apple doesn't vandalized devices that their customers paid for by forcing updates on them.

Now I agree with IOS7 was an epic disaster.
I chose to update my (then) iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and everything congealed on the spot.
That's why I left Apple and got a Note 3.
The honeymoon lasted exactly 4 months.
Because Samsung can force updates on customers, even though *I* bought the phone, *I* own it, they did something I consider to be nothing short of vandalism, especially since they were unable to help me fix it afterwards.

So if you love your Android, more power to you, but there are many people here including myself with plenty of good reasons to turn their backs on Android, embrace the entire Apple platform and never look back.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
LOL, believe me, I wanted nothing more than to keep running my Note 3 on Jellybean, it worked like a dream.
I cancelled it.
The next day I woke up, the update was fully installed and Kitkat had effectively crippled my phone.
At least Apple doesn't vandalized devices that their customers paid for by forcing updates on them.

I chose to update my (then) iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and everything congealed on the spot.
Because Samsung can force updates on customers, even though *I* bought the phone, *I* own it, they did something I consider to be nothing short of vandalism, especially since they were unable to help me fix it afterwards.

So if you love your Android, more power to you, but there are many people here including myself with plenty of good reasons to turn their backs on Android, embrace the entire Apple platform and never look back.

Ok. That's it. Leave it there.

You make a sensible post.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

I loved through the epic disaster that was iOS 7, so you can understand that I proceed with caution now and tell other people to do the same. Once Forstall left, iOS hasn't been the same. That's a fact.

Then you were forced an update the ruined your phone. That's awful.

We are both back with iOS devices. We are happy with them.

Personally I won't update. I have no need to. And I'll keep enjoying my iPhone 5s.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I never had the 5S, but I hear many people love theirs. Right now I have found the sweet spot:
While I had originally gotten the 6, my middle aged eyes said "Hell no, you're getting the Plus.
So I got the Plus and I cannot imagine how Apple will manage to improve this one, its THE perfect phone for me. ... On IOS 8.3. :biggrin:

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I never had the 5S, but I hear many people love theirs. Right now I have found the sweet spot:
While I had originally gotten the 6, my middle aged eyes said "Hell no, you're getting the Plus.
So I got the Plus and I cannot imagine how Apple will manage to improve this one, its THE perfect phone for me. ... On IOS 8.3. :biggrin:

I like to get either "s" releases or when it comes to MacBooks and iPads the second/third generations.

If I was interested in the iPhone 6 I would just look at the keynote and say "that's good. When they release the 6s I'll get one."

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

I work for the U.S. federal government. We get Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6.
I chose the Galaxy because of the removable battery.
I regret the choice and I will get an iPhone in January.

everyone work for U.S. federal government got an s5 or iPhone 6 ? or only some high ranking officer ?

what the hell ? i m going to us this afternoon honey

uk give me a freaking nokia 100 as the work mobile

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I cancelled it.

i use iPhone 5s now ,
i still have an iPhone 4 from back in the days , and it is ridiculously slow and it keep rebooting and the download speed is very slow too
what can i do about it , it is on iOS 7 something

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i use iPhone 5s now ,
i still have an iPhone 4 from back in the days , and it is ridiculously slow and it keep rebooting and the download speed is very slow too
what can i do about it , it is on iOS 7 something

LOL. Here is what I had to say about IOS 7 in another thread:

My experience with IOS 7 was the tech equivalent to going to the dentist for a routine visit and coming out a different gender, missing limbs, organs, blind and mute.
It was brutal.

Now I know that wasn't the case for everybody but wow, what a rush.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I owned an android.

Wrong.

Updates are for various reasons. They can be to add functionality, to update security, and for bugs and fixes. An update isn't inherently a big fix. I'm in the middle of an update for a system I manage. It's to add functionality.

So..... Wrong again.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

everyone work for U.S. federal government got an s5 or iPhone 6 ? or only some high ranking officer ?

what the hell ? i m going to us this afternoon honey

uk give me a freaking nokia 100 as the work mobile
My agency all got their BlackBerry devices taken back and we're all using either of those two devices.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
LOL. Here is what I had to say about IOS 7 in another thread:

Now I know that wasn't the case for everybody but wow, what a rush.

ye i mean even i m just pressing the setting icon from home screen and going into different setting , it is very slow , i m not even talking about the internet slow speed , i m just doing settings and photos and it still very slow

i m going to apple store tomorrow

O by the way , you live in the us ? is everyone work for us ferderal government get an galaxy s5 or iPhone 6 ? or only some ranking of officer get it ?
uk only give me a nokia 100 , what the hell ? british suck balls ?

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Wrong.

Updates are for various reasons. They can be to add functionality, to update security, and for bugs and fixes. An update isn't inherently a big fix. I'm in the middle of an update for a system I manage. It's to add functionality.

So..... Wrong again.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4

What functionality did iOS 8.3 bring? Vs the bug fixes?

If there's some sort of killer feature then I'll SEE about updating.

For instance back when they brought the ability to insert pictures from within the email app. I think that was iOS 6 something. Great. That was a feature i wanted so I updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

My agency all got their BlackBerry devices taken back and we're all using either of those two devices.

can you tell me how BEAST is your note 4 compare to iPhone 6 plus , 6 or 5s ?

i m actually thinking about buying a note 4 but my previous android experience is very bad ( with 3 android device )

i browse forum and people praise the note 4 ,

A) what note 4 impress you ?
1)what BEAST it has that make it call a BEAST ?
2) and what you can do on a note 4 that you cannot do on a s5 ?
3) what you can do with a note 4 that motorola and htc and LG cannot do ?
4) what you can do on a note 4 that iPhone 6 plus cannot do ?

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

For me, Apple products are not about specs. MhZ and GBs and the whole alphabet soup of specs doesn't really define an Apple product.
I'll tell you why it's my choice.
Dependability.
I know the phone will be working when I wake up. I know it will be working throughout my day. I know that it will be working when I go to bed. It won't leave me stranded and brick itself like a phone from another platform has done. It won't reboot spontaneously. It will be there working when I need it. That's the top reason why I choose Apple.
Design.
The devices are gorgeous. They fell balanced. I like the minimalist design of the devices and the unfussy light UI.
Build Quality
Not one flaw in any device I've ever owned. Not one dead pixel. Not one flaw in any functionality.
Customer service
One call to Apple or one appointment to the Genius Bar can get me on my way to resolving a question. I value this tremendously. This wasn't possible with my previous platform.
Support
If the device fails, the device is replaced at the store. No fuss. I bought Apple Care which extended my warranty. This is peace of mind and I value it tremendously.
Ecosystem
Best ecosystem of any platform.
Apps
Best apps of any platform.

☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾Bingo!!!
That's it right there! Couldn't have said it better!

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

can you tell me how BEAST is your note 4 compare to iPhone 6 plus , 6 or 5s ?

i m actually thinking about buying a note 4 but my previous android experience is very bad ( with 3 android device )

i browse forum and people praise the note 4 ,

A) what note 4 impress you ?
1)what BEAST it has that make it call a BEAST ?
2) and what you can do on a note 4 that you cannot do on a s5 ?
3) what you can do with a note 4 that motorola and htc and LG cannot do ?
4) what you can do on a note 4 that iPhone 6 plus cannot do ?

Hehehe. Seriously?

The Note 4 is in a category of its own. You can't really ask what can a Note 4 do that an iPhone can't. Or any other phone.

A Note 4 is a Note 4. It really has no other competition. If you get a Note 4 is because that's the sort of thing you're looking for, with the pen and everything else that comes with that. The software is designed for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods