What are the best headphones for the gym?

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the Jaybird X's (got them real cheap), and will probably be upgrading to Powerbeats 2 around Christmas time. I run a lot and the Jaybirds just don't stay connected, or do stay connected but cut in and out. I'm on my second pair (which I've had since around maybe August?) and I'm pretty sure they just died on my last run. They stay in though, and the cord's nice, so there's that...

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the Jaybird X's (got them real cheap), and will probably be upgrading to Powerbeats 2 around Christmas time. I run a lot and the Jaybirds just don't stay connected, or do stay connected but cut in and out. I'm on my second pair (which I've had since around maybe August?) and I'm pretty sure they just died on my last run. They stay in though, and the cord's nice, so there's that...

Never heard of those, thanks for tip, I?ll check them out! Are they better sound quality wise?

Cheers

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
I use the Jaybird X2. Awesome piece of hardware, about 8 hours of battery life, choice of silicon as well as foam ear tips. Also there is a crescent shaped piece of equipment that is meant to fit in the circular shape if the ear outside the canal. That piece is also available in three different size. They fit so well that the earphones won't come out even during jumping jacks. They also have a good chord management that make them fit like a band behind the head. You should definitely check them out. Oh ya they also have a life long warranty against sweat damage.

Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds | JaybirdSport.com

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: best headphones for gym

I have the Jaybird X2's. They supposedly have 10 hours of playback before a charge. I am a big fan of these. They stay in my ears when I go for a run and look stylish enough for everything else. Like others said, they have a lifetime warranty for sweat. I heard good things from friends that received a new pair when the others broke.

vermon1112

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I highly recommend Anker Soundbuds Sport. They're cheap, connect via Bluetooth, they withstand sweat and rain, and the sound quality is really good for the price. They also have controls so that you can play/pause, skip songs, answer calls, and it also has volume buttons.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FYI: Best Buy currently has the Jaybird X2's on sale for $79.99, in case anyone is interested.

GilMun93

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a pair of Jaybird X2's that I really love for gym use. Not just gym use, though. They sound pretty good when compared to other wireless, high-end 'buds. You can use them just like you would other headphones and let them hang on your neck or you could use the included clips and shorten the cord and use it "over your ear." Not just that but they actually have a lifetime warranty against sweat so that's a huge plus. Battery life is pretty good, too. I get about 8 hours out of them. Not too bad for wireless, bluetooth headphones. I really do recommend them. They are pricier, I paid about $175, but since Jaybird released the Freedom 'buds the price has gone down. Definitely check them out.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the LG around the neck ones with the retractable earbuds.

The lg tones. Those were my first pair of Bluetooth headphones and I loved them. Only issue I have with them is when running (I run about 6 miles a day) the around the neck part bounces off of my collar bone and aggravates me. That's why I got the jaybirds.

dionhan

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
This is a cool headphone you can use for the gym!: SMS Audio On-Ear Wireless Sport
My niece uses/used these headphones. Looks really good.

1470933621-sms-audio-on-ear-wireless-headphones.jpg

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I use some 1ByOne (I was looking for it on Amazon but the price went from $40 to $200 and for sure doesn't worth $200.

I think it Amazon have a good recommendation for a low price earbuds:

TaoTronics http://a.co/2iwRztt

But if you don't mind the price look for some Shure Wireless or Sennheiser, Jaybird is like the Flag brand for Sport headphones, also you may find Jabra with Heart Rate Monitor.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: best headphones for gym

I am a headphone junky and these are the ones I use in the gym. I sweat like crazy and jump all over and they do not come out of your ears... Best workout headphones for sure!

+1 for jaybird bluebuds x. I love mine. Use them for all my runs and also at the gym.

I use LG Tones for non workout needs like when I'm at work. Having them bounce off my collar would drive me bonkers while running.

I backed Vi on Kickstarter and if it's everything it is supposed to be, it will replace my jaybirds and Tones.

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the LG Tones which are fine for listening to podcast, but I don't like how music sounds on them. I mostly listen to podcast though so I kept them for the price I paid.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711