Evidence that new Apple Watch models are coming soon

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Retail merchandising is an artful science... Personally I don't think you can take empty space in a display as anything other than empty space... options for distribution of present models and adjust as time goes on... does not necessarily foretell anything about future new models... until they happen to show up...

Yep. Too many people with conspiracy theories, hidden agendas, etc. As someone once said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Personally I don't think you can take empty space in a display as anything other than empty space...

And if Apple was going to introduce new models I'd think they could whip up another one of those wooden boards with more holes in it.

Just a case of someone trying to outthink the room here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just in case someone wanted to see the full spectrum of combinations you can create...here's a chart. To me, this is why there are open spaces in the display case...there's simply a metric ton of combinations that could be created.

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 3.35.59 PM.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now is a good time for me to reiterate a point that I made in a different thread. To those of you who are new to the iMore forums, please note that the regulars here do not sit idly by. We participate, challenge, debate, correct and make you look like an ***** on occasion. Just food for thought...;)

dlopes6

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Your saying that the gold edition model comes in all different color sport bands. That is incorrect. You can optionally purchase separate band colors yourself and "mix and match" bands yourself. But Apple doesn't sell a gold model with a blue sports band already pre combined. Apple only sells 38 pre made models. If your assuming that apple is not displaying certain combinations that is false. They only have 38 models. The glass display in all the retail stores show 38 watches.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your saying that the gold edition model comes in all different color sport bands. That is incorrect. You can optionally purchase separate band colors yourself and "mix and match" bands yourself. But Apple doesn't sell a gold model with a blue sports band already pre combined. Apple only sells 38 pre made models. If your assuming that apple is not displaying certain combinations that is false. They only have 38 models. The glass display in all the retail stores show 38 watches.

You're = You are
Your indicates possession.

Just FYI....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Show me where I said that...I'll wait (forever...since it was not said).

What I offered was a theory that the empty spaces were for variations not in the initial "normal" line up.

The words "pre-combined" are something you created for some reason, I never indicated anything of the sort. What I said was that there were tons of combinations you could piece together with the varying band colors and varying watch bodies, and that my thought was that the empty sections COULD be for less common combinations they want to piece together in the store so people could see what it looked like. I mean if I wanted a gold watch that costs $10,000 with a sport band, I sure as hell would want to see what it looks like BEFORE I ordered it, lol.

Nothing about what I said is false.

I'm really confused why you seem so offended by people offering differing theories on this and why you're so defensive of your own...it's not like your theory is "more accurate", it's just a theory based on a thought/assumption you had (and one that to me, at least, seems very unlikely).

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If the OP is so curious by the empty slots in the display case just go back to the store and ask why the empty slots. Instead of this Loose Change type  Watch conspiracy.
Jesus between this and the blinking LED I'm getting a headache. LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone in retail stores will have any real insight into these decisions. And none of us either.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

mackaybell

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I think they will offer more versions of the Apple Watch. Possibly a white gold or a platinum. It might also be interesting to see some stainless steel color versions, like red.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods