I have 10 Apple Stores within a 45 minute or so drive with the closest ones being a 10 minute drive from home and another 15 minutes from work. Six of the others are within 30 minutes. I haven't been in most of them though.
    Speedygi, kataran and hydrogen3 like this.
    03-12-2015 09:28 AM
    I personally never been to one but plan on going on the 10th of April for obvious reasons

Is it really as cool as they say?
    They are fun. It's like geek heaven.

My first time was to get my iPhone 3GS. I was standing in line and the Apple employees came out with water and I think they also had donuts. They were clapping and singing and having a great time. Once inside it was like Nirvana had opened.

Been back since then and although I haven't felt the oooooooohhhhh aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh of that first time, it's still loads of fun.

Enjoy!!!! Come to think I'm overdue for a trip down the road to the Pentagon City one.
    Speedygi and kataran like this.
    03-12-2015 12:03 PM
    There's a Microsoft store directly across from the Apple store in my mall. Apple is always swarmed, regardless of the time. Last time in I saw Kevin Hart (he's tiny).

I agree with losing the oooooooohhhhh aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh since I first went in, but it's always cool. I am more impressed with the "other" stuff they have in there. Like the HUE lightbulbs and other home automation things, and little RC drones, etc.
    kataran likes this.
    03-12-2015 02:22 PM
    Ugh, the only Microsoft Stores in Phoenix are both in the East Valley. I'm not braving 40 minutes plus of traffic down here for that distinct pleasure. I did really want to check out the Lumia tablets when they first came out though. They seemed like pretty slick devices.
    03-12-2015 05:32 PM
    Ugh, the only Microsoft Stores in Phoenix are both in the East Valley. I'm not braving 40 minutes plus of traffic down here for that distinct pleasure. I did really want to check out the Lumia tablets when they first came out though. They seemed like pretty slick devices.
    Microsoft stores.. They have those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-12-2015 06:25 PM
    There's a Microsoft store directly across from the Apple store in my mall. Apple is always swarmed, regardless of the time. Last time in I saw Kevin Hart (he's tiny).

I agree with losing the oooooooohhhhh aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh since I first went in, but it's always cool. I am more impressed with the "other" stuff they have in there. Like the HUE lightbulbs and other home automation things, and little RC drones, etc.
    They're not directly across in my local mall but we have both. The Microsoft store employees appear to be just sitting around with thumbs up their butts. The Apple Store is always packed.
    03-12-2015 06:34 PM
    No Apple stores near my location, so no. Not really much interest in visiting one either, since I can buy Apple products pretty much anywhere.
    03-12-2015 06:52 PM
    It's pretty much a given that wherever there is an Apple Store, there is a Microsoft Store in the vicinity.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:18 PM
    I go out of my way to make excuses to visit the Apple Store, with 5 in my area it's an easy task ...
    03-13-2015 09:49 AM
    Chaotic would be a better descriptive term than "cool", though having all the newest Apple stuff there to play with is pretty neat. We have 4 Apple stores in the metro Atlanta area, and ALL of them are usually pretty busy on a normal day...during product launches, I try to stay as far away from Apple stores as possible if I can help it...which is why I usually do my shopping with Apple online now and have it shipped to me.

If you're going there on the watch launch, expect a chaotic mess.
    As always, solid advice from Sean. We have 5 in the metro Phoenix area. They are crowded and busy all day, every day. Product launch days are cool, but all of the stores turn are zoos on those days. On more than one occasion, I have gone to the mall and just did a bit of crowd watching around the Apple store.

Typically, if I am buying the newly launched product, I order it online and sit at home and wait for delivery.
    03-13-2015 10:39 AM
    Been a few times, wish I had one closer, closest one is a 90 min drive.
    Ditto.
    03-13-2015 10:45 AM
    Sure, I recommend everyone to go one time. They are awesome!
    03-13-2015 12:33 PM
    I like going to the Apple Store but, when I want to check out the latest Apple products, I prefer going to a store called Simply Mac. It is kind of like an Apple Store Mini. Not as busy the Apple Store but with all of Apple's products. Only drawback; unless you are an AT&T you can't purchase your iPhone from them.
    03-13-2015 02:10 PM
    Thankfully I have one around 15 minutes from me. Everyone there always helpful. Great store

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    03-13-2015 02:16 PM
    I love Apple store....
    03-13-2015 02:45 PM
    I just went to one yesterday, it was a great store; I went in and was greeted by the store employee got my new phone, traded the old one walked out very happy. I should of bought my phones from the store years ago, bought most of my iPhones from radioshack. I will more likely in the future shop at the apple store than going to a place like best buy.
    03-14-2015 10:20 AM
    Yes, it's a good place to go if you're looking for a few accessories that you can't find other places. They generally have a few exclusive items
    03-14-2015 11:37 AM
    Yes. A very interesting experience. Verizon stores operate the same way.
    03-14-2015 07:26 PM
    Yes. A very interesting experience. Verizon stores operate the same way.
    Apple has way cooler stuff. And is much prettier

Sent from my iPhone 6
    03-14-2015 07:29 PM
    I personally never been to one but plan on going on the 10th of April for obvious reasons

Is it really as cool as they say?
    I was there twice in two days a month or so ago. My closest Apple Store is an hour away in an upscale mall. I didn't find it "cool" at all. I liked the interior. It was non clutter, spacious and well organized. Live Apple products were displayed , and for use, on large tables. There were also tables where Apple Store employees, called Geniuses, helped customers set up new products and gave totourials.

The wall that I was near was filled with cases and beautifully displayed by color which was very soothing.

There was a long line in the middle that led to an Apple employee with an iPad that checked customer in and took a brief summary of the customer's issue. Beyond the check in person was a long table that was fitted with outlets. This is the genious bar where customers sat and waited for an employee to assist them. The first day I had an appointment and a really nice Apple employee helped me. He was very kind, attentive and intelligent.

While I waited I watched the employees assist other customers and was very impressed with how bright and eager they seemed. I had to go back the next day due to receiving a defective replacement. Same experience the next day and I was overall very satisfied.

A good experience, though I wouldn't classify it as cool but more efficient. To me, class IV whitewater is cool! Enjoy your experience.
    Last edited by Chrisy; 03-14-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    kataran likes this.
    03-14-2015 07:43 PM

Sent from my iPhone 6
    I do agree also many more devices available.
    03-14-2015 07:53 PM

Sent from my iPhone 6
    That is like shopping at a regular jewelry store then shopping at a Cartier Boutique. Well Cartier wins out as does Apple Store.
    03-14-2015 07:55 PM
    Just checking back in to say that I had a great experience picking up my iPad Mini 2 at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave. in Chicago. I honestly wasn't expecting much when I walked in and the only negative thing about it was that the greeter was typing on his iPad as I was standing in front of him. He had been helping another customer beforehand so I didn't care all that much. When he did look up and I said what I was there for, he told me to wait off to the side which I did.

Then another young employee came out who had a scanner in his hand and since I had printed out the pickup email, I showed it to him and he scanned the QR code. He then stayed with me while someone else went in the back to retrieve my iPad. We then had an interesting conversation about what I was going to use the device for (email, Internet, videos) how I bought the device (I told him about the Apple Store website having a refurb section which he seemed unaware of) as well as if I had an iPhone (I said "no, I'm mostly an Android user.") He was very approachable and friendly towards me which I appreciated.

Then the person from the back walked over with my iPad and handed it to the gentleman whom I had been speaking with. He checked the barcode sticker on the side to verify my name and then scanned it. He then asked me to sign the scanner, write out my name with my fingers and then asked if I wanted a paper receipt, have it emailed to me or both. I said both, and then he thanked me for coming and hoped I enjoyed the device.

All in all a wonderful experience as I'm typing this on my new iPad mini 2!

Sent from my iPad Mini 2 using Tapatalk
    kataran and qbnkelt like this.
    03-17-2015 10:46 AM
    I have never been there. In our country we don't have even a single one
    03-17-2015 05:14 PM
    I've only really been to the Apple section of a Best Buy store in my neighborhood, but there's supposed to be a new Apple Store coming to the mall right near me! However, I've actually interviewed for a job to work at an Apple Store - but I didn't make the cut past the first interview (oh well).
    03-17-2015 08:15 PM
58 123