Itunes vs deezer (or other services alike)

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm kind of wondering and curious, what do you think of purchasing songs from itunes compare to paying monthly fee for streaming music (eg. Deezer, rdio, spotify, etc)

If we buy from itunes, we owned thr file and can use it at any device

If we pay monthly subscription for streaming music services, we can dowload any songs, as many as we like, as long as we keep paying every month

Which one do you prefer ? And why ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, with iTunes, or CDs.. And even old fashioned vinyl... When you 'buy' music, you don't own anything but the right to listen to it, privately... Same goes for the download/stream services... What's better is a personal value judgement.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Actually, with iTunes, or CDs.. And even old fashioned vinyl... When you 'buy' music, you don't own anything but the right to listen to it, privately... Same goes for the download/stream services... What's better is a personal value judgement.

but if we purchase mp3 file, we can store in usb and use it in our car audio or hifi audio, can stream service have this ability as well ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rarely buy music these days. For one, radio stations these days rarely play anything outside of the top 50. Furthermore, some of the new stuff is just plain distasteful to *me*. Finally, the type of music I prefer, I already have or can listen to via Satellite radio or via a streaming service like Pandora or iTunes Radio which allows me to create a custom channel based on the music I like to hear whenever I feel like listening to music. To answer your question, I suppose iTunes is better in my regard...;)

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I tend to buy my music either from Amazon Music or iTunes or CDs from Amazon which I rip in iTunes (or often now come with the MP3 version as well).

I don't use streaming services mostly because I like to choose exactly what I am listening to. And I listen mostly in my car or at work where I don't have WiFi.

I haven't listened to "over the air" (FM/AM) radio in 10 years.

I used to listen to satellite radio but I figured for the $12 a month I was paying, I could just buy the music I wanted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2