How Do You Sync Facebook Friends(Contacts)

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up too high. Not all of your Facebook contacts will sync over. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to which sync and which don't. I haven't been successful in getting my wife's Facebook information to sync into my contacts list.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up too high. Not all of your Facebook contacts will sync over. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to which sync and which don't. I haven't been successful in getting my wife's Facebook information to sync into my contacts list.

I think it depends on how they have their "About Me" set up on Facebook. Some people choose not to show any email, including the email Facebook gives you. That may be the key. Check your Wife's About Me and her privacy settings. It's there somewhere.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I think it depends on how they have their "About Me" set up on Facebook. Some people choose not to show any email, including the email Facebook gives you. That may be the key. Check your Wife's About Me and her privacy settings. It's there somewhere.

Yeah. I finally figured that out. It's a bit of a pain to have to request this information from each FB contact, but it works.

Another issue I'm having is - as a Microsoft user, a lot of my contacts were created in Outlook (Exchange). There isn't a problem bringing those contacts over - iPhone does that flawlessly. The problem is, in some cases, it creates a duplicate contact if I have an Outlook contact and a Facebook contact. iPhone thought about this issue and provides a way to easily 'link' these duplicate contacts. The problem is that every few days, these linked contacts somehow become unlinked and I have to manually link them back up. Without fail, after 3 days or so, they become unlinked again. It has become an issue with me because one of the contacts that gets unlinked all the time is my own contact and Siri doesn't know where I live when I ask her to take me home when that happens. I know that it's probably just one of the hazards of coming from another platform, but it makes it difficult to enjoy my new phone when the experience is less than delightful.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I finally figured that out. It's a bit of a pain to have to request this information from each FB contact, but it works.

Another issue I'm having is - as a Microsoft user, a lot of my contacts were created in Outlook (Exchange). There isn't a problem bringing those contacts over - iPhone does that flawlessly. The problem is, in some cases, it creates a duplicate contact if I have an Outlook contact and a Facebook contact. iPhone thought about this issue and provides a way to easily 'link' these duplicate contacts. The problem is that every few days, these linked contacts somehow become unlinked and I have to manually link them back up. Without fail, after 3 days or so, they become unlinked again. It has become an issue with me because one of the contacts that gets unlinked all the time is my own contact and Siri doesn't know where I live when I ask her to take me home when that happens. I know that it's probably just one of the hazards of coming from another platform, but it makes it difficult to enjoy my new phone when the experience is less than delightful.

My link is with iCloud contacts and Gmail contacts. No issues though. The iCloud profile photos do blow up too big once entered. Weird. I have to make the photos smaller and post those.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2