I'm pretty consistent with the stance of making sure you buy the device that works best for you, but it seems that people are starting to really make it difficult for the competition. Samsung, long the major competitive manufacturer for Apple in the smart phone arena, has been absolutely pummeled this most recent round...

Samsung's mobile profits plunge 64.2% after Apple's iPhone 6 devastates premium Galaxy sales
    01-29-2015 11:49 AM
    Schadenfreude...
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-29-2015 11:55 AM
    Crazy. Samsung has some work to do. Next September the nightmare continues if not worse.
    01-29-2015 12:47 PM
    That iPhone 6 is so hot right now. I think it's going to stay pretty hot. Samsung shouldn't be the only one that is worried.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-29-2015 07:32 PM
    Apple was hot before, but releasing two size of devices in 2014 simply sent Apple into the stratosphere...
    01-29-2015 07:44 PM
    All it tells me is that all of those people who felt the need to come here to call us iSheep and to tell us how stupid we were for liking a device that they deemed inferior were all full of crap. They've always wanted one, but wanted it with a bigger screen, and now that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has arrived with the bigger screen, they're forgetting all about the crap they spouted before September....#smh
    01-29-2015 07:54 PM
    All it tells me is that all of those people who felt the need to come here to call us iSheep and to tell us how stupid we were for liking a device that they deemed inferior were all full of crap. They've always wanted one, but wanted it with a bigger screen, and now that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has arrived with the bigger screen, they're forgetting all about the crap they spouted before September....#smh
    That's typically how it is...even here there are some of those members who crap on the competition, when in reality, the other manufacturers make some fantastic devices (I can't lie, I'm still intrigued by the Lumia series phones, I just can't stand the Windows OS)...and the Note seems to really be a heavy weight in terms of abilities and technology.

But I've always laughed at people who felt Apple was "behind" in any facet. It's just foolish to view Apple as anything but a top tier manufacturer and developer...
    01-30-2015 03:57 PM
    That's typically how it is...even here there are some of those members who crap on the competition, when in reality, the other manufacturers make some fantastic devices (I can't lie, I'm still intrigued by the Lumia series phones, I just can't stand the Windows OS)...and the Note seems to really be a heavy weight in terms of abilities and technology.

But I've always laughed at people who felt Apple was "behind" in any facet. It's just foolish to view Apple as anything but a top tier manufacturer and developer...
    Yep. I agree...
    01-30-2015 04:26 PM
    What drives me crazy it the "Apple is for the non tech people" and Android is for "the tech savvy" BS. I have had both including BB and Windows phone and I like Apple. I work in tech at my job so those can go scratch lol.

I also do like the Nokia phones, gonna keep an eye on windows 10 that will work across all aspects of hardware.
    01-30-2015 04:35 PM
    To be fair it's still early in the quarter and as predicted samsung will gain back traction .
    01-30-2015 04:47 PM
    To be fair it's still early in the quarter and as predicted samsung will gain back traction .
    That's great and all, but the subject here is about the most recent quarter. So whatever happens next quarter doesn't have any relevance to what we're talking about here.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    01-30-2015 05:10 PM
    In case you didn't catch the headlines from Tuesday, Apple's $18 billion quarterly profit for Q1 fiscal 2015 is the largest quarterly profit of any company in the world in all of history.

Quote from the front page.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    01-30-2015 05:18 PM
    The original post was perfectly fair as it was...
    01-30-2015 06:02 PM
    Wasn't Samsung's profit 4B vs Apples 18B. That's a lot of traction.
    01-30-2015 06:10 PM
    Would a wise one bank everything on 1/4?
    01-30-2015 07:06 PM
    In case you didn't catch the headlines from Tuesday, Apple's $18 billion quarterly profit for Q1 fiscal 2015 is the largest quarterly profit of any company in the world in all of history.

Quote from the front page.
    In dec 2013 quarter apple reported record results also and shares fell 8% the year before that saw new records also but shares fell more that 12% and the current share of apple are within 6% of their 119/ share high that they hit in November
    01-30-2015 07:13 PM
    And how does one determine growth ? Is it not rendered from a comparison between different quarters ?so seems pretty relevant to me.
    01-30-2015 07:19 PM
    And how does one determine growth ? Is it not rendered from a comparison between different quarters ?so seems pretty relevant to me.
    We're talking about a singular event right now...the thread was started to reflect and discuss this singular report about one quarter. Is that difficult to compute? Because being a bunch of 1's, I figured it would be very easy...nobody in this thread even remotely insinuated that they "banked" anything on one quarter, we were simply discussing it...and pointing out how significantly Apple dominated Samsung, who truly are the only legitimate competition in terms of volume moved in the industry (right now).

And besides...this is a regular occurrence for Apple...dominant performance. And then we get into the people who like to talk about the gloom and doom relating to Apple, who do it about as commonly as Apple reports such dominant performances.
    01-30-2015 07:39 PM
    Thinking of posting this on Facebook just to start a flame war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-30-2015 07:41 PM
    We're talking about a singular event right now...the thread was started to reflect and discuss this singular report about one quarter. Is that difficult to compute? Because being a bunch of 1's, I figured it would be very easy...nobody in this thread even remotely insinuated that they "banked" anything on one quarter, we were simply discussing it...and pointing out how significantly Apple dominated Samsung, who truly are the only legitimate competition in terms of volume moved in the industry (right now).

And besides...this is a regular occurrence for Apple...dominant performance. And then we get into the people who like to talk about the gloom and doom relating to Apple, who do it about as commonly as Apple reports such dominant performances.
    yea thanks for the break down yes, lets just base everything on one quarter irregardless of the consecutive smackdown been given back to back to back, but one quarter and yep thats complete dominance.
    As you claimed a "regular occurrence" and isnt that a comparison from prior events?
    maybe its just me and my limited expectations but in order for me to claim true dominance, i would want to have a couple over my opponents not just a one up. hope you dont get too bend out of shape about this now
    but yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns.
    01-30-2015 08:15 PM
    I am not surprised by this, as my note 4 has been for sale for weeks and no bites really on it. That being said I do "like" Samsung phones I don't think they are horrible like most die hard Apple fans are. My wife is a dedicated Samsung user and loves her Galaxy devices and for her needs I see how it suits her. She stays at home with our kids during the day, big screen on the note allows for both kids to watch a movie while she gets some cleaning done, she always texts sitting down, and her main thing to do on her phone after the house dies down is read books (on the note). Someone with that lifestyle I totally get it. However for me and many others the os apple designs and its high end hardware is just unmatchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-30-2015 08:18 PM
    yea thanks for the break down yes, lets just base everything on one quarter irregardless of the consecutive smackdown been given back to back to back, but one quarter and yep thats complete dominance.
    As you claimed a "regular occurrence" and isnt that a comparison from prior events?
    maybe its just me and my limited expectations but in order for me to claim true dominance, i would want to have a couple over my opponents not just a one up. hope you dont get too bend out of shape about this now
    but yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns.
    "yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns."

By this logic, no one should ever toot horns for any accomplishment unless they do it over and over.

Bad logic.
    Last edited by Soeasy; 01-30-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-30-2015 08:32 PM
    "yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns."

By this logic, no one should ever toot horns for any accomplishment unless they do it iver and over.
    I failed to see logic in his post at all.
    Bad logic.
    01-30-2015 08:37 PM
    It makes no sense at all. Because if someone where to toot their own horn over and over, then they'd be told

"Well it's not like you've done something you haven't done before. So show some class and stop bragging."

You can't win with CB users.

I actually would have thought most CB members would gravitate more to Android. I guess not.
    01-30-2015 08:49 PM
    I find this to not be a shock. Very few true advancements made, just more "It's bigger, faster, and newer!"

Even I can't envision getting another Note. The S line isn't that impressive. With them also locking down the software and voiding hardware warranty if any mods are made, that can't help their case.
    01-30-2015 08:50 PM
62 123