Samsung took a beating from the iPhone...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I am not surprised by this, as my note 4 has been for sale for weeks and no bites really on it. That being said I do "like" Samsung phones I don't think they are horrible like most die hard Apple fans are. My wife is a dedicated Samsung user and loves her Galaxy devices and for her needs I see how it suits her. She stays at home with our kids during the day, big screen on the note allows for both kids to watch a movie while she gets some cleaning done, she always texts sitting down, and her main thing to do on her phone after the house dies down is read books (on the note). Someone with that lifestyle I totally get it. However for me and many others the os apple designs and its high end hardware is just unmatchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yea thanks for the break down yes, lets just base everything on one quarter irregardless of the consecutive smackdown been given back to back to back, but one quarter and yep thats complete dominance.
As you claimed a "regular occurrence" and isnt that a comparison from prior events?
maybe its just me and my limited expectations but in order for me to claim true dominance, i would want to have a couple over my opponents not just a one up. hope you dont get too bend out of shape about this now
but yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns.

"yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns."

By this logic, no one should ever toot horns for any accomplishment unless they do it over and over.

Bad logic.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
"yes give due where its due not saying it isnt something spectacular but saying lets see how it goes before one start tooting any horns."

By this logic, no one should ever toot horns for any accomplishment unless they do it iver and over.
I failed to see logic in his post at all.
Bad logic.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

It makes no sense at all. Because if someone where to toot their own horn over and over, then they'd be told

"Well it's not like you've done something you haven't done before. So show some class and stop bragging."

You can't win with CB users.

I actually would have thought most CB members would gravitate more to Android. I guess not.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I find this to not be a shock. Very few true advancements made, just more "It's bigger, faster, and newer!"

Even I can't envision getting another Note. The S line isn't that impressive. With them also locking down the software and voiding hardware warranty if any mods are made, that can't help their case.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Right claiming victory for 1 win out of 4 when your opponent been consecutively beating you back to back. And saying it's to early to claim victory, that make no sense to you? And is bad logic right -_-. I shouldn't be surprised by this though.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been hearing it's all downhill for Apple since I came to this forum when it was still TiPB just before the iPhone 4 came out on Verizon...and blowhards who prefer other device platforms have been here too, acting like you...

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been hearing it's all downhill for Apple since I came to this forum when it was still TiPB just before the iPhone 4 came out on Verizon...and blowhards who prefer other device platforms have been here too, acting like you...

Yes let's revert to childish name calling to anyone that don't just jump in line one the opinion of a few yep so speak for yourself or where did I herald the downfall of apple?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Right claiming victory for 1 win out of 4 when your opponent been consecutively beating you back to back. And saying it's to early to claim victory, that make no sense to you? And is bad logic right -_-. I shouldn't be surprised by this though.

Claiming victory or clear record setting victory?

"Apple earned $18 billion in profits last quarter, about the GDP of Honduras and considerably more than Amazon has earned in its entire lifespan as a company. That's the most money the company has ever made. Indeed, it's the most money any company has ever made in a single quarter, leaving ExxonMobil's $15.9 billion quarter in 2012 in the dust. This is fueled by gross margins of about 40 percent, a ridiculously high number for a company selling hardware in competitive markets."

So say what you want about Apple or iPhones but 74 million folks got one not this year this quarter. I've read that's 30 thousand iPhones and hour. WTF!

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
And for you information dear sir I prefer ios to android, but yes how would you know that when people just seem to love to jump to conclusion and assumptions. But alas character also show ones true colours

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say anything in my post concerning your OS preference. It's all about Apple's record setting historic quarter.
I said nothing of your character.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now is a good time to offer a reminder: Mobile Nations consists of sections devoted to specific products and services. For instance, Android Central caters primarily to those who prefer Android products and services. Crackberry caters primarily to those who prefer Blackberry devices and services. We make up the iMore forums where Apple products and services are preferred. Having said that, it should be of no surprise to anyone if articles posted depict Apple in a favorable light. It should come as no surprise that the members here may defend their preferred product against anyone who may appear hostile. Therefore, if you want to rile up the natives, go for it, but don't expect to not get any feedback in return. Finally, when the feedback becomes overwhelming, don't cry foul and point out the Apple products that you've owned or currently own as if that'll make things right. Use common sense and remember - "When in Rome...."

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's the thing. Is Apple better than Samsung? No! They are two different phones for two different types of people. Anyone that can say Samsung is a horrible device is basing that clearly on personal taste and opinion. Do I think Apple is better? Yes I do! And I will continue to buy Apple products until they no longer suit my needs anymore. If Samsung released a phone tomorrow that I found to be better than Apple in terms of software, build quality, and customer service I would be a complete arse hat to pay a grand on an iPhone when there was something out there better for me. That being said I wouldn't go trolling YouTube, and all these review sites claiming Samsung king because I could take one look around and see clearly by the iPhone in most people's hands that I would be acting delusional. The same way I'd be delusional going over to android central and trying to convince a group who paid their hard earned dollar with completely different lifestyle and needs than me that an iPhone was better. We can debate, argue, call names, and troll as much as we like the end of the day Apple is one kick a** device right now and has been for years. Samsung is also a kick a** device, along with HTC, Nokia, Motorola, LG.... You want to argue what's better? You'd be better off arguing who's lifestyle is better cause that's the only way a certain phone is going to fall into an individual category. No one phone will ever be the best. One will always sell more, but to have a clear winner by personal tastes we would become minions who all were named Joe and worked at the gravel pit...... Oh and we would all like to rock cases and use screen protectors too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Claiming victory or clear record setting victory?

"Apple earned $18 billion in profits last quarter, about the GDP of Honduras and considerably more than Amazon has earned in its entire lifespan as a company. That's the most money the company has ever made. Indeed, it's the most money any company has ever made in a single quarter, leaving ExxonMobil's $15.9 billion quarter in 2012 in the dust. This is fueled by gross margins of about 40 percent, a ridiculously high number for a company selling hardware in competitive markets."

So say what you want about Apple or iPhones but 74 million folks got one not this year this quarter. I've read that's 30 thousand iPhones and hour. WTF!

Yes that's no small feet that a ridiculous amount of money completely ridiculous for any company no one can deny that all I'm saying was let's see a few more quarters and see how thing pans out which I stated clearly it's the 1 st quarter. For instance speaking from a business perspective here apple stocks could fall esp since 65% of last revenue came from iPhone sales that very dangerous for s company apple has to come with something really spectacular to maintain this growth for future quarters.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Now is a good time to offer a reminder: Mobile Nations consists of sections devoted to specific products and services. For instance, Android Central caters primarily to those who prefer Android products and services. Crackberry caters primarily to those who prefer Blackberry devices and services. We make up the iMore forums where Apple products and services are preferred. Having said that, it should be of no surprise to anyone if articles posted depict Apple in a favorable light. It should come as no surprise that the members here may defend their preferred product against anyone who may appear hostile. Therefore, if you want to rile up the natives, go for it, but don't expect to not get any feedback in return. Finally, when the feedback becomes overwhelming, don't cry foul and point out the Apple products that you've owned or currently own as if that'll make things right. Use common sense and remember - "When in Rome...."

Thank you very much also for reminding me as I am a member of all 3 as I have all 3 platforms completely slipped my mind esp when I had iphone from it launched does that make me a native?

I could defend myself and was not rilling up no natives by saying it's still to early to claim victory who's being overly sensitive here, when you say something people here are so quick to jump on the attack, but if one was to retaliate they are reported. Just because ones in Rome doesn't mean one cannot have a different thought pattern that the norm take 300 hundred for instance.

Who is crying foul?
Is it crying foul to state that you use a particular platform As well so I can really do a real comparison? Just because certain people have there own opinion everyone should just conform and agree to everything

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods