Why does music sound so good on my iPhone?

Eskemo30

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Okay so i've carried an iPhone for a few months and i have to say that its a pretty solid phone. I missed the customization options on my android so i went back a few days ago to my moto x 2013. But i noticed that when im listening to music through my aux cord in my car the quality isnt as good as it was on my iPhone. I listen to spotify on extreme quality and make sure my cell service is good but its just not the same. I would have thought maybe it was my device but i plugged my wife's galaxy note 4 and it was the same experience. Has any one else noticed this or is it just me?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've not used Android devices to compare... Apple pretty much made music listening portable with the iPod a high quality experience and the iPhone carries that on. Apple is winning with their experience and technology.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Optimisation is Apple's forte. That's why the arguments regarding specs are so flawed.
Android may win specs but Apple wins over everyone as far as experience, from MY experience.
I only use my iPhone when I'm listening to music on the go. The experience is that good.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read last year and testing I've read about the iPhone 5S the DAC (Digital Audio Converter) chip is very very good.
I noticed this when I had a 5S. How detailed the sound was even being played through the phone speakers. I would think that the DAC in the iPhone 6/6 Plus is just as good.
I've read that their is a big difference in sound quality output between the 5 and the 5S when the DAC improved greatly.
I haven't read anything or seen any testing in how any Android based phone compares to iPhone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can't say exactly what it is, but Apple devices have always had that intangible difference with sound quality as compared to others.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Music does indeed sound great on an iPhone (and iPod, for that matter). I don't know if I'd say it sounds better on my iDevices than my Windows Phones or HTC One though. But one thing's for sure - Apple definitely got it right with the music player system it uses on the iPhone/iPod touch. iOS is so much superior in that area over the others, IMO.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sound quality has been really good on my OnePlus One (for comparison reasons) but it crashes alot and has bugs, so that's a whole other conversation. The iPhone has always typically been wonderful for music, interestingly given that Apple came from iPods as a core product.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Sound quality has been really good on my OnePlus One (for comparison reasons) but it crashes alot and has bugs, so that's a whole other conversation. The iPhone has always typically been wonderful for music, interestingly given that Apple came from iPods as a core product.

How is the one plus one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How is the one plus one?

It has been lasting me a good four months now, and when I use a phone that long they are generally really good. The only bad things about it is, I think, the Cyanogenmod software, which is horrendously buggy...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It has been lasting me a good four months now, and when I use a phone that long they are generally really good. The only bad things about it is, I think, the Cyanogenmod software, which to me is horrendously buggy...

I always like having a phone (other than my iPhone) to just play with on wifi at home. My note 4 I won I was going to sell but figured I'd play with it via wifi and see what it's all about. Good device just not my style

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I always like having a phone (other than my iPhone) to just play with on wifi at home. My note 4 I won I was going to sell but figured I'd play with it via wifi and see what it's all about. Good device just not my style

A Note 4 feels more like a computer to me, compared to an iPhone, and it really depends on whether you need it to be. Android phones often suffer in software so it's really the whole struggle of software stability versus computer-based productivity.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
A Note 4 feels more like a computer to me, compared to an iPhone, and it really depends on whether you need it to be. Android phones often suffer in software so it's really the whole struggle of software stability versus computer-based productivity.

Well said. I do find the software to be a bit inconsistent and just doesn't flow as nice as iOS. But that being said I do see where it has its advantages to some users with the s-pen and what not. *cough* I mean android sucks, iPhone all the way.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
That is one compliment I often hear with the iPhone, the sound quality. Like kch said, Apple most likely made it a high priority due to the iPod like experience they were pushing when it was first released.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Sound quality yes I do agree,sounds kind of weird and distorted a bit on android when compare to ip, but if playing from the phones speaker I find the z30 out shines all. When using head phones the z30 and iPhone goes hand in hand didn't really hear a difference but then again I do have bose headphones so maybe that have something I do with it. But true to form the iPhone has a better overall experience in regards to music and how it's integrated.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that my iPhones are consistently louder than any of my Android phones have ever been via headphones (or line out). ...and my iPhones always sound stellar.

I think Apple just chose to use a really nice sounding DAC and amp and it really shows. That said I have very little doubt that my Nexus 6 with its stereo front-facing speakers or the HTC One M7 and M9 with their front-facing stereo blasters sound better than the iPhones speakers. The thing is, how often does that make a difference? How many people are really using their phones as stereos or watching movies with the sound coming out of the speakers and not out of headphones enough that it matters? ...because the iPhones speakers still sound good and at least they're not rear-facing like Samsung's.

I don't think you can beat an iOS device for headphone output though, they just sound great.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I also think this is the case. I have had several android phones and some of them had beats. My htc droid Dna sounded nice but the iPhone just interacts with other electronics and plain sounds better. I knew I wanted the iPhone, but I couldn't deal with the smaller screen. Well I am now enjoying superior sound and a huge screen on my iPhone 6 plus!!!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I definitely noticed that as well. The audio is much better on my iPhone 6 Plus than it ever was on my Note 3. On the same headphones (Sony MDR-XB600) there's a very noticeable improvement in sound quality on my iPhone 6 Plus.

All I can think of is that the "sound card" or DAC is much better in the iPhone 6 than any Android device.

MetalxAssassinx

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have always cared about the sound quality that comes out of a phone while none really care for i don't know why

The best phones that produced sound were the blackberry 9900 (and above), HTC one devices with beats off/boomsound off, and the iPhone.
it is a main reason for me to buy a phone that it has a great output sound since 50% of my use to a phone is listening to songs, and that is a reason why i am considering buying an iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sound quality is very good with iPhone. But for me, they could up the volume a bit. Top and bottom speakers. If you have excellent hearing, you wouldn't understand. Android has better volume.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234