So since Christmas is coming up, what cool gadgets or phones did u get for the family or yourself ? I went overboard, I have quite a large family that comes to our home. So needless to say, I'm far from done & going to be broke.

IPhone 6 - Fiance (Hopefully)
    Xbox 1 - Nephew
    Samsung Note 4 - Sister
    IPad - Mother
    HTC 1 M8 - Father
    Leap Pad - 3yr old daughter
    Blackberry Passport - Brother
    4K Display TV I seen at best buy - Myself lol
    12-10-2014 04:31 AM
    So since Christmas is coming up, what cool gadgets or phones did u get for the family or yourself ? I went overboard, I have quite a large family that comes to our home. So needless to say, I'm far from done & going to be broke.

Xbox 1 - Nephew
    Samsung Note 4 - Sister
    IPad - Mother
    HTC 1 M8 - Father
    Not to presume that you don't know what's best for your daughter, but have you considered getting her an iPad mini (even just a refurb 1st gen mini) and putting it in a nice protective case? Seems like she may outgrow that a lot slower.

And congrats in advance on being engaged.
    12-10-2014 06:47 AM
    Fitbit Surge whenever it comes out!
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    12-10-2014 06:52 AM
    Not to presume that you don't know what's best for your daughter, but have you considered getting her an iPad mini (even just a refurb 1st gen mini) and putting it in a nice protective case? Seems like she may outgrow that a lot slower.

And congrats in advance on being engaged.
    Actually, that's a great idea ! Never crossed my mind. I'll have to check amazon sometime today. I'm fairly new to the iOS ecosystem, but does kids mode come pre installed ? Thank u ! Its a huge step in life to say the least.
    12-10-2014 07:10 AM
    Actually, that's a great idea ! Never crossed my mind. I'll have to check amazon sometime today. I'm fairly new to the iOS ecosystem, but does kids mode come pre installed ? Thank u ! Its a huge step in life to say the least.
    There's not a kids mode per se on the iPad mini. But all iOS devices have parental restrictions you can enable to restrict certain apps, installing apps, deleting them, reporting your location etc.
    The original mini (released two years ago) is $249 new, and last year's model is $299 new. But that's from Apple. This time of year you can find them cheaper from Walmart, Target, etc. And for the refurb route, Apple certified refurbs come with a full 1 year warranty. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend going with the iPad mini 2.
    My youngest was five when the iPad minis came out and we put it in a case like this (but pink): Attachment 73205 which she still loves. She'd been using my full size iPad since she was two.
    To add a bit more, it is great for long car trips because you can download movies on it. There are lots of educational apps with basic stuff like learning the alphabet and counting. Disney, Nickelodeon, etc all have apps with kids' favorite characters. Some are just games, some are more educational. There are also lots of kids' books like Dr Seuss where the book is interactive with things to touch on the page and you also have a choice to have it read the book to your kid (for when you are tired of reading the same story for the hundredth time) or turn off the voice and read it yourself.
    12-10-2014 08:21 AM
    We're getting a Wii U for the kids. Others an that I already have a new iPhone and iPad Air this year and my husband is happily playing the recent WoW expansion. So probably no other tech/gadget purchases.
    12-10-2014 08:23 AM

Xbox 1 - Nephew
    Samsung Note 4 - Sister
    IPad - Mother
    HTC 1 M8 - Father
    I'm a distant relative of yours... I'll take an iPad 2.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    12-10-2014 09:18 AM

Xbox 1 - Nephew
    Samsung Note 4 - Sister
    IPad - Mother
    HTC 1 M8 - Father
    How do I become a relative? I just want on that Christmas list!
    12-10-2014 09:22 AM
    There's not a kids mode per se on the iPad mini. But all iOS devices have parental restrictions you can enable to restrict certain apps, installing apps, deleting them, reporting your location etc.
    The original mini (released two years ago) is $249 new, and last year's model is $299 new. But that's from Apple. This time of year you can find them cheaper from Walmart, Target, etc. And for the refurb route, Apple certified refurbs come with a full 1 year warranty. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend going with the iPad mini 2.
    My youngest was five when the iPad minis came out and we put it in a case like this (but pink): Attachment 73205 which she still loves. She'd been using my full size iPad since she was two.
    To add a bit more, it is great for long car trips because you can download movies on it. There are lots of educational apps with basic stuff like learning the alphabet and counting. Disney, Nickelodeon, etc all have apps with kids' favorite characters. Some are just games, some are more educational. There are also lots of kids' books like Dr Seuss where the book is interactive with things to touch on the page and you also have a choice to have it read the book to your kid (for when you are tired of reading the same story for the hundredth time) or turn off the voice and read it yourself.
    I absolutely love the KaysCase KidBox case. We have an iPad 3rd gen for the grandkids - and it’s in one of those cases.
    12-10-2014 09:23 AM
    I wanna be in your family. Can you send you my Christmas list?

I bought a new 13" MacBook Pro for myself on black Friday.
    12-10-2014 10:26 AM
    I'm a distant relative of yours... I'll take an iPad 2.

Lol, so that means I can expect a gift from u then, right ? 😄
    12-10-2014 11:16 AM
    Lol, so that means I can expect a gift from u then, right ?
    Haha good comeback. Yeah, send me a gift and I'll give you one too

12-10-2014 11:18 AM
    How do I become a relative? I just want on that Christmas list!
    Lol, I got most of these refurbished. Except the fiance & my daughter. Plus I thought we was all one on imore.
    12-10-2014 11:18 AM
    I wanna be in your family. Can you send you my Christmas list?

I bought a new 13" MacBook Pro for myself on black Friday.
    Haha, why not ? I want a new TV tho !
    12-10-2014 11:20 AM
    Thank u, this would work too. The leap pad seems kinda limited too. I'm going to return it, & check out a few websites.. Hopefully I can find one. I noticed the case has a carrying handle like a suitcase lol. Think maybe an apple retail store would still carry a mini still, & where'd u find the case at ? I appreciate all the help though.
    12-10-2014 11:24 AM
    Haha good comeback. Yeah, send me a gift and I'll give you one too

I've been eyeing the new Yukon denali. I think me & it would go great together haha.
    12-10-2014 11:26 AM
    I've been eyeing the new Yukon denali. I think me & it would go great together haha.
    Isn't that a little higher price category than an iPad Air 2?

12-10-2014 11:34 AM
    Thank u, this would work too. The leap pad seems kinda limited too. I'm going to return it, & check out a few websites.. Hopefully I can find one. I noticed the case has a carrying handle like a suitcase lol. Think maybe an apple retail store would still carry a mini still, & where'd u find the case at ? I appreciate all the help though.
    That case was from Amazon. KaysCase.
    12-10-2014 12:02 PM

Xbox 1 - Nephew
    Samsung Note 4 - Sister
    IPad - Mother
    HTC 1 M8 - Father
    Yeah, and don't forget cousin Ledsteplin. He wants an Verizon iPhone 6 Plus with an Otterbox Defender case.
    What Kinda Electronic Gadgets Are U Planning To Buy For The Holidays ?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418231589.243322.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-10-2014 12:13 PM
    You must not be very fond of your brother

Got my dad a Moto G, his first phone, mostly to send him pictures of his grandson.
    12-10-2014 07:18 PM