What Kinda Electronic Gadgets Are U Planning To Buy For The Holidays ?

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So since Christmas is coming up, what cool gadgets or phones did u get for the family or yourself ? I went overboard, I have quite a large family that comes to our home. So needless to say, I'm far from done & going to be broke.

IPhone 6 - Fiance (Hopefully)
Xbox 1 - Nephew
Samsung Note 4 - Sister
IPad - Mother
HTC 1 M8 - Father
Leap Pad - 3yr old daughter
Blackberry Passport - Brother
4K Display TV I seen at best buy - Myself lol

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Not to presume that you don't know what's best for your daughter, but have you considered getting her an iPad mini (even just a refurb 1st gen mini) and putting it in a nice protective case? Seems like she may outgrow that a lot slower.

And congrats in advance on being engaged.

Actually, that's a great idea ! Never crossed my mind. I'll have to check amazon sometime today. I'm fairly new to the iOS ecosystem, but does kids mode come pre installed ? Thank u ! Its a huge step in life to say the least.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So since Christmas is coming up, what cool gadgets or phones did u get for the family or yourself ? I went overboard, I have quite a large family that comes to our home. So needless to say, I'm far from done & going to be broke.

Xbox 1 - Nephew
Samsung Note 4 - Sister
IPad - Mother
HTC 1 M8 - Father

I'm a distant relative of yours... I'll take an iPad 2.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Xbox 1 - Nephew
Samsung Note 4 - Sister
IPad - Mother
HTC 1 M8 - Father

How do I become a relative? I just want on that Christmas list!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's not a kids mode per se on the iPad mini. But all iOS devices have parental restrictions you can enable to restrict certain apps, installing apps, deleting them, reporting your location etc.
The original mini (released two years ago) is $249 new, and last year's model is $299 new. But that's from Apple. This time of year you can find them cheaper from Walmart, Target, etc. And for the refurb route, Apple certified refurbs come with a full 1 year warranty. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend going with the iPad mini 2.
My youngest was five when the iPad minis came out and we put it in a case like this (but pink): View attachment 73205 which she still loves. She'd been using my full size iPad since she was two.
To add a bit more, it is great for long car trips because you can download movies on it. There are lots of educational apps with basic stuff like learning the alphabet and counting. Disney, Nickelodeon, etc all have apps with kids' favorite characters. Some are just games, some are more educational. There are also lots of kids' books like Dr Seuss where the book is interactive with things to touch on the page and you also have a choice to have it read the book to your kid (for when you are tired of reading the same story for the hundredth time) or turn off the voice and read it yourself.

I absolutely love the KaysCase KidBox case. We have an iPad 3rd gen for the grandkids - and it’s in one of those cases.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wanna be in your family. Can you send you my Christmas list?

I bought a new 13" MacBook Pro for myself on black Friday.

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
There's not a kids mode per se on the iPad mini. But all iOS devices have parental restrictions you can enable to restrict certain apps, installing apps, deleting them, reporting your location etc.
The original mini (released two years ago) is $249 new, and last year's model is $299 new. But that's from Apple. This time of year you can find them cheaper from Walmart, Target, etc. And for the refurb route, Apple certified refurbs come with a full 1 year warranty. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend going with the iPad mini 2.
My youngest was five when the iPad minis came out and we put it in a case like this (but pink): View attachment 73205 which she still loves. She'd been using my full size iPad since she was two.
To add a bit more, it is great for long car trips because you can download movies on it. There are lots of educational apps with basic stuff like learning the alphabet and counting. Disney, Nickelodeon, etc all have apps with kids' favorite characters. Some are just games, some are more educational. There are also lots of kids' books like Dr Seuss where the book is interactive with things to touch on the page and you also have a choice to have it read the book to your kid (for when you are tired of reading the same story for the hundredth time) or turn off the voice and read it yourself.

Thank u, this would work too. The leap pad seems kinda limited too. I'm going to return it, & check out a few websites.. Hopefully I can find one. I noticed the case has a carrying handle like a suitcase lol. Think maybe an apple retail store would still carry a mini still, & where'd u find the case at ? I appreciate all the help though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Xbox 1 - Nephew
Samsung Note 4 - Sister
IPad - Mother
HTC 1 M8 - Father

Yeah, and don't forget cousin Ledsteplin. He wants an Verizon iPhone 6 Plus with an Otterbox Defender case.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418231589.243322.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You must not be very fond of your brother ;)

Got my dad a Moto G, his first phone, mostly to send him pictures of his grandson.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2