Apples market cap hit $700 billion this morning, more than the value of the entire Russian stock market. More than the entire annual gross domestic product of Sweden. It's $300 billion more than the second highest market cap, Exxon Mobil.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    joemd60 likes this.
    11-25-2014 11:06 AM
    Source:
    http://bgr.com/2014/11/25/apple-mark...lion-analysis/

joemd60 likes this.
    11-25-2014 11:07 AM
    What will they do to survive?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    Speedygi, joemd60 and Eric Ton like this.
    11-25-2014 11:49 AM
    DAMN they're screwed. What will we do?!?!
    Wish Apple were in as good of a position as BlackBerry with 5.6 billion market cap.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    the_tech_eater and joemd60 like this.
    12-07-2014 04:56 AM
    Uh oh. Better hurry up and start putting Android apps on it! Oh wait...
    joemd60 and qbnkelt like this.
    12-07-2014 04:59 AM
    Uh oh. Better hurry up and start putting Android apps on it! Oh wait...

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-07-2014 05:02 AM
    DAMN they're screwed. What will we do?!?!
    Wish Apple were in as good of a position as BlackBerry with 5.6 billion market cap.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...840844c584.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...9234a010bb.jpg

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    I bet Tim Cook looks at blackberry's market cap and wishes they were worth as much and sold as many phones and tablets as blackberry.

12-07-2014 08:33 AM
    I bet Tim Cook looks at blackberry's market cap and wishes they were worth as much and sold as many phones and tablets as blackberry.

He'd be chuffed to bits if he could sell 20,000 iPhones in six hours!!!!!!! That'd be sweet!!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    the_tech_eater and joemd60 like this.
    12-08-2014 10:10 AM
    He'd be chuffed to bits if he could sell 20,000 iPhones in six hours!!!!!!! That'd be sweet!!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    I shudder to think how disappointed he would feel if he just sold 19,999 iPhones within six hours...
    joemd60 likes this.
    12-08-2014 08:05 PM
    I bet Nokia and moto was piping those same tunes few years back

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    qbnkelt likes this.
    12-09-2014 05:17 PM

Attachment 73161
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    12-09-2014 05:38 PM

Nah, they weren't. Apple has though, since the release of the iPhone. Consistent value increase...year after year. Owning stock in such is a fantastic roller coaster ride of simply deciding just how much profit I want to make or wait for.
    12-09-2014 05:49 PM
    I love the level of delusion of these BlackBerry cultists. They seem to think that they can will the world to conform to their warped view of reality.
    12-09-2014 06:19 PM
    What's with the BlackBerry bashing? I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a BlackBerry Passport. The Passport is one of the best devices I've used in my life.
    eyecrispy, GSM-S and Smply_Rcklss like this.
    12-09-2014 06:21 PM
    I'm trying to decide what the best company to buy stock in is, but Apple is on my top list. I'm thinking I'll buy stock in energy companies right now because their stock is low because of low oil prices. But after that I'll prolly buy as many Apple shares as I can afford.

12-09-2014 06:26 PM
    What's with the BlackBerry bashing? I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a BlackBerry Passport. The Passport is one of the best devices I've used in my life.
    What does that have to do with this thread? This is a thread about Apple's high stock/market value.

12-09-2014 06:27 PM
    Well, we've got BlackBerry cultists coming here trying to shove their choices down our throats and we've said no thanks nicely. And they keep pushing. And they keep pushing. So.....you push, you get pushed. We're having fun, cultists come in to disrupt our fun and won't knock it off. They should get ready for the consequences.

Enjoy your Passport. I won't buy one. But I wish you good use of it.
    12-09-2014 06:40 PM
    What does that have to do with this thread? This is a thread about Apple's high stock/market value.

Half the replies in this thread have nothing to do with the topic.
    12-09-2014 06:46 PM
    OP doesn't seem to be overly concerned......hey tech....are you concerned????
    12-09-2014 06:59 PM
    OP doesn't seem to be overly concerned......hey tech....are you concerned????
    Concerned that people still worship BB, yes. Concerned that not all the replies have been about Apple's financial status, no.

12-09-2014 07:09 PM
    Hehehe......didn't think you were......
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-09-2014 07:15 PM
    I'm trying to decide what the best company to buy stock in is, but Apple is on my top list. I'm thinking I'll buy stock in energy companies right now because their stock is low because of low oil prices. But after that I'll prolly buy as many Apple shares as I can afford.

You're a little late to the game unless Apple REALLY brings a new tech segment to the market (or as they historically done, polished up a segment that has become technologically complacent (lots of people felt TV's was the right open door for that, I'm still curious what they could do in that arena).

As it sits, you'd kind of be buying high and relying on another big jump. If I were a legitimate investor right now, I'd put more focus on Tesla than Apple, where there's more money to be made (given their relatively youthful product portfolio and the amount of room left to grow electric cars into the future...I actually sold some Apple stock a year ago and bought some Tesla stock. It's more than doubled in value since then).
    12-09-2014 10:22 PM
    You're a little late to the game unless Apple REALLY brings a new tech segment to the market (or as they historically done, polished up a segment that has become technologically complacent (lots of people felt TV's was the right open door for that, I'm still curious what they could do in that arena).
    Yeah, I should have bought shares right after the 7-1 split. Apple stock does have some volatility, so I guess I'll just have to watch for a drop.

12-09-2014 10:24 PM
    Yeah, I should have bought shares right after the 7-1 split. Apple stock does have some volatility, so I guess I'll just have to watch for a drop.

Check out my late edit above too...Apple's stock drops are rarely cause for major buy in from my experience. We're sitting on the high right now with a pretty consistent plateau as far as major profit to be made, but Apple will make another major market move that changes their stock health, and I hope it's major, for both profits sake and the fact I love Apple products.
    12-09-2014 10:25 PM

As it sits, you'd kind of be buying high and relying on another big jump. If I were a legitimate investor right now, I'd put more focus on Tesla than Apple, where there's more money to be made (given their relatively youthful product portfolio and the amount of room left to grow electric cars into the future...I actually sold some Apple stock a year ago and bought some Tesla stock. It's more than doubled in value since then).
    Thanks for the advice! I'll check it out. It'll prolly be a few months before I start studying into the right stock to buy. But I'll definitely consider tesla.

12-09-2014 10:27 PM
53 123