Apple is really doomed this time. Seriously.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to decide what the best company to buy stock in is, but Apple is on my top list. I'm thinking I'll buy stock in energy companies right now because their stock is low because of low oil prices. But after that I'll prolly buy as many Apple shares as I can afford.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

You're a little late to the game unless Apple REALLY brings a new tech segment to the market (or as they historically done, polished up a segment that has become technologically complacent (lots of people felt TV's was the right open door for that, I'm still curious what they could do in that arena).

As it sits, you'd kind of be buying high and relying on another big jump. If I were a legitimate investor right now, I'd put more focus on Tesla than Apple, where there's more money to be made (given their relatively youthful product portfolio and the amount of room left to grow electric cars into the future...I actually sold some Apple stock a year ago and bought some Tesla stock. It's more than doubled in value since then).

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You're a little late to the game unless Apple REALLY brings a new tech segment to the market (or as they historically done, polished up a segment that has become technologically complacent (lots of people felt TV's was the right open door for that, I'm still curious what they could do in that arena).

Yeah, I should have bought shares right after the 7-1 split. Apple stock does have some volatility, so I guess I'll just have to watch for a drop.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I should have bought shares right after the 7-1 split. Apple stock does have some volatility, so I guess I'll just have to watch for a drop.

Check out my late edit above too...Apple's stock drops are rarely cause for major buy in from my experience. We're sitting on the high right now with a pretty consistent plateau as far as major profit to be made, but Apple will make another major market move that changes their stock health, and I hope it's major, for both profits sake and the fact I love Apple products.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

As it sits, you'd kind of be buying high and relying on another big jump. If I were a legitimate investor right now, I'd put more focus on Tesla than Apple, where there's more money to be made (given their relatively youthful product portfolio and the amount of room left to grow electric cars into the future...I actually sold some Apple stock a year ago and bought some Tesla stock. It's more than doubled in value since then).

Thanks for the advice! I'll check it out. It'll prolly be a few months before I start studying into the right stock to buy. But I'll definitely consider tesla.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Check out my late edit above too...Apple's stock drops are rarely cause for major buy in from my experience. We're sitting on the high right now with a pretty consistent plateau as far as major profit to be made, but Apple will make another major market move that changes their stock health, and I hope it's major, for both profits sake and the fact I love Apple products.

How do dividends from Tesla compare dividends from Apple?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
How do dividends from Tesla compare dividends from Apple?

Tesla, at the current time, does not pay dividends...explaining that full profits above the line go towards growing the brand and value of the brand. So in regard to that, Apple pays 100% more dividends to the stock holders, lol!

I rarely ever care about dividends given their tiny nature most times...but stock split dividends are wonderful (and I got some from Apple several months ago!) given how much more flexible 7 shares at $100 is vs. 1 share at $700 or whatever it was.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Nah, they weren't. Apple has though, since the release of the iPhone. Consistent value increase...year after year. Owning stock in such is a fantastic roller coaster ride of simply deciding just how much profit I want to make or wait for.

So you own apple now to ?
I find it hysterical when these people would compare a conglomerate of Apple inc stocks to bb when Apple numbers are not just from phones but as a whole lol when bob just started to diversify in services and products

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Tesla, at the current time, does not pay dividends...explaining that full profits above the line go towards growing the brand and value of the brand. So in regard to that, Apple pays 100% more dividends to the stock holders, lol!

I rarely ever care about dividends given their tiny nature most times...but stock split dividends are wonderful (and I got some from Apple several months ago!) given how much more flexible 7 shares at $100 is vs. 1 share at $700 or whatever it was.

Now Tesla that something worth while, he is a real innovator such wealth of wisdom, was such another tragedy he died so poor.

just goes to show you the monopoly of certain society. If he was alive today could see just how much his ideas had change the world and making billions for others. What a shame

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you own apple now to ?
I find it hysterical when these people would compare a conglomerate of Apple inc stocks to bb when Apple numbers are not just from phones but as a whole lol when bob just started to diversify in services and products

I've owned Apple stock for years...what's your point?

The Tesla comment seems to have flown completely over you head, given the subject was in reference to the automotive company and not Nikola Tesla.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Reading comprehension fail. Sean was talking about Tesla the company not Tesla the man.

Cultists are often unable to synthesise a response that doesn't fall into the rote repetition of dogma.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
DAMN they're screwed. What will we do?!?!
Wish Apple were in as good of a position as BlackBerry with 5.6 billion market cap.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/18bbb3425b872743cb375d840844c584.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/9e31baabd07a762b0d18959234a010bb.jpg

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4

Ouch.
I heard blackberry were down to their last 20 million legacy subscribers. Won't be long now.

Dead company walking.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ouch.
I heard blackberry were down to their last 20 million legacy subscribers. Won't be long now.

Dead company walking.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

No actually that's not accurate. Their subscriber base on BBM grew. Their BES 10 subscriber base might be dwindling since many organisations and agencies have gone away from BlackBerry. However, they might regain or retain some enterprise customers with the release of BES 12. Additionally, Samsung has partnered with Blackberry to provide Enterprise solutions.

I'm not calling the death of BlackBerry. I'm seeing them continue in the path of a services company with a small hardware piece. That said, the cultists' call for the death of Apple and iPhone is as inaccurate as calling the total annihilation of BlackBerry, they just won't exist as we know them in the consumer market.

Thanks to years of blind arrogance, complete inability to read the consumer market, dismissal of the iPhone and Android juggernaut, and misguided ideas of entitlement by Jim and Mike.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

One more question... What app/program do you use for trading stocks and keeping up with your portfolio?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
One more question... What app/program do you use for trading stocks and keeping up with your portfolio?

Can't help ya there...our tax guy who is also our CPA handles all the trades and maintains the portfolio. Close friend of the family for the last 30 or so years.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't help ya there...our tax guy who is also our CPA handles all the trades and maintains the portfolio. Close friend of the family for the last 30 or so years.

So you can like call him and say "hey, sell 5 of my Apple shares and buy 3 tesla shares?" That's cool.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So you can like call him and say "hey, sell 5 of my Apple shares and buy 3 tesla shares?" That's cool.

Most definitely...then he'd explain why it would or would not be a good idea right now, ad would suggest alternatives, then he'd make fun of Georgia Tech for losing to FSU because he's an Auburn guy, and then I'd ask him how he could make such comments when they did the same thing, only didn't keep it as close and did it on a bigger stage in the national title game. He'd then laugh and hang up on me and then text me later and ask "Did you really need something?"

He hates the restaurant Moes...I love it. When they have the home wrecker deal during the week, I like to bring one to him sometimes and leave it in the lobby of his office so he has to come down and get it as a "package".

One day he's going to steal all of my money and get me audited by the IRS for these sadistic actions...lol!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Most definitely...then he'd explain why it would or would not be a good idea right now, ad would suggest alternatives, then he'd make fun of Georgia Tech for losing to FSU because he's an Auburn guy, and then I'd ask him how he could make such comments when they did the same thing, only didn't keep it as close and did it on a bigger stage in the national title game. He'd then laugh and hang up on me and then text me later and ask "Did you really need something?"

He hates the restaurant Moes...I love it. When they have the home wrecker deal during the week, I like to bring one to him sometimes and leave it in the lobby of his office so he has to come down and get it as a "package".

One day he's going to steal all of my money and get me audited by the IRS for these sadistic actions...lol!

LOL sounds like a nice accountant to have!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh hey there's another component of DHS that is dumping BlackBerry and issuing iPhones and Samsung phones. I'm sure Tim Cook is absolutely depressed about this being yet another U.S. agency issuing iPhones and Samsungs. And they're not using BES 12 so it's a total loss for BlackBerry. That's 7,500 Quas.....er....Passports that didn't get sold.

Change over will be finished by March.

Apple is so doomed....:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen