Is Apple just trying to persuade you that a watch is integral?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it's up to the user if a Apple Watch is integral to their daily lives.
Some may put it in their mix some may not. I feel it's a option like many things are options. Will it make things easier? Possibly. But again it's that particular users desire. Again there may be some function with Apple Watch and iPhone that one desires but not required. Just like continuity. Some may desire it some may not. Some may not want every device ringing when they get a phone call.
In the end a user doesn't have to have it if they don't want it.
A user doesn't need a Mac to enjoy a iPhone/iPad or a iPhone/iPad to enjoy Mac. Having 2 or 3 or 4 Apple devices just enriches the experience to a degree. They are a lot of folks here that have one of every device on different platforms because that's what they desire or prefer.
It will be interesting to see what developers come up with as far as Apple Watch is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, it may not be useful for everyone, but the point of Apple management is to understand trends, translate vision, and sell products... How many people use to carry seperate MP3 players and phones and GPS and game players and ... How many do that today?

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
It's not about you, it's about technology.
It's ENTIRELY about me.

They sell a product. I and I alone decide if I want it. And those things you say make a smart watch important just aren't to me. And sorry, when it comes to me buying something my concerns are the the only concerns that matters.

Again. The fact it is watch is irrelevant , it's the concept of wearable integration. The how it will be done and effectively be implemented is what companies are working on. Again. You are considering it as a watch and what one can do with a watch , which is not looking at the problem wearable tech is trying to solve. There will be implementations and possibilities that you wouldn't even imagine at this point.

This entire thread is about a watch except for the conversation you think you're having.

Last edited:

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Please say hello to Rowdy Roddy Piper for me.

cult-80s-movie.jpg

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
One thing I like about Smartwatches though...either way you see it, it's still a watch at the end of the day. The smart features are just gravy on the rice for me, but unlike a smartphone, I don't have delusions of what a watch must be.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
It's ENTIRELY about me.

They sell a product. I and I alone decide if I want it. And those things you say make a smart watch important just aren't to me. And sorry, when it comes to me buying something my concerns are the the only concerns that matters.

This entire thread is about a watch except for the conversation you think you're having.

You are 1 of 7 billion people on the planet. If you think you as 1 person determine how products are built , you have some serious delusions of self importance. Apple isn't making a product for 1 person it's making a product considering a whole lot of questions, what can I oroduce, how does it fit in my product lineup, where can I sell it, how difficult is it to build, how much will it cost, what problems does it solve,..... I'm sorry if you feel your concern as the "watch" not being what you need is at all a factor it's not. Combine your opinion with about 10 million others and then it's worth looking at from a companies point of view and product development trending.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You are 1 of 7 billion people on the planet. If you think you as 1 person determine how products are built , you have some serious delusions of self importance. Apple isn't making a product for 1 person it's making a product considering a whole lot of questions, what can I oroduce, how does it fit in my product lineup, where can I sell it, how difficult is it to build, how much will it cost, what problems does it solve,..... I'm sorry if you feel your concern as the "watch" not being what you need is at all a factor it's not. Combine your opinion with about 10 million others and then it's worth looking at.
You are just derailing from the topic of the thread.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You are just derailing from the topic of the thread.

What are you talking about, how is the subject of the usefulness of the watch derailing the topic. How is discussing why Apple would produce an iWatch derailing the topic. It speaks exactly to the posters concern. I'm responding to a poster, what's with you man??? Send me another infraction, I couldn't careless.better yet ban me, what's the point if discussing a topic if every 5 minutes you are going to limit, we aren't on tv, we aren't given only 90 minutes to answer the viewers questions

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
In another thread he said "trolling is an art".... lol
He must be trying to show us how good he is at arts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Not really I thought I was speaking with adults that don't have emotional melt downs over disagreeing on a message board. It's sad that not agreeing with a person is what you think trolling is about.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What are you talking about, how is the subject of the usefulness of the watch derailing the topic. How is discussing why Apple would produce an iWatch derailing the topic. It speaks exactly to the posters concern. I'm responding to a poster, what's with you man??? Send me another infraction, I couldn't careless.better yet ban me, what's the point if discussing a topic if every 5 minutes you are going to limit, we aren't on tv, we aren't given only 90 minutes to answer the viewers questions

The basic question here isn't why Apple is making a watch. That's the conversation you're trying to have which isn't interesting to me, which is why I created a thread. It's will they try to push it so much that they might take some of the usefulness of the iPhone and try to convince us that having that usefulness on a watch is better than having it on our phone? Why Apple is making the watch isn't a question here. Why companies make anything isn't a question.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
The basic question here isn't why Apple is making a watch. It's will they try to push it so much that they might take some of the usefulness of the iPhone and try to convince us that having that usefulness on a watch is better than having it on our phone? Why Apple is making the watch isn't a question here. Why companies make anything isn't a question.

And again, if you understand the concept of wearable tech, yes, it will be able to replace some of the functionality of a phone. Being to integrate With the machines around you. For example, ipay which other smart watches already do.

Overall, though, it will be a companion device for now and maybe it will morph into its own stand alone, ... Due to the real estate size I do not see it replacing a phone especially a phablet completely right now, but the uses for wearable tech are endless and the way we will interact with our devices today will be very different in the future.

So , why Apple would produce this device is essential to answering your question.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
All companies doing smart watches have already crippled them. People can argue all day about the I watch or Moto 360 looks and quite honestly neither appeal to me, I can find a watch worth $75 that looks better, until smarteatches focus on the #1 reason we buy watches (looks and form) then they won't really catch on with the masses. Though, Smart watches in general don't appeal to me.

But I may be the wrong person to answer this as I use a RAZR M from 2012, and have an Xbox 360 from 2011. When something is good enough, why leave it? Watches are good enough as is, why do we need another expensive gadget that STILL requires us to use our phone? My $0.02.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
All companies doing smart watches have already crippled them. People can argue all day about the I watch or Moto 360 looks and quite honestly neither appeal to me, I can find a watch worth $75 that looks better, until smarteatches focus on the #1 reason we buy watches (looks and form) then they won't really catch on with the masses. Though, Smart watches in general don't appeal to me.

But I may be the wrong person to answer this as I use a RAZR M from 2012, and have an Xbox 360 from 2011. When something is good enough, why leave it? Watches are good enough as is, why do we need another expensive gadget that STILL requires us to use our phone? My $0.02.

And again a smart watch will not be for just being what you traditionally consider as a watch, no more than a cellphone is used to for what it was used for only 10 years ago, just making phone calls, that's why we have smartphones.

I find it hilarious because I remember the Same discussion about why would I want to listen to music on my cellphone. You guys aren't looking at the bigger picture.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Again I believe you won't need a Apple Watch a iPhone a iPad a Mac a Apple TV for the experience just for a particular experience.
Earlier today I had to go over some music for a rehearsal today.
I played the track from my iTunes library from my MacBook Air and Airplayed it through ATV to listen through my TV speakers and scribbled out a rough chart on my iPad. This is a particular experience.
The same can be done with a Walkman and pencil and paper or replace the iPad with pen and paper.
Now adding a Apple Watch could add to the experience in some way that hasn't been determined yet. But it won't be needed.
Just like the other devices mentioned aren't needed unless the user wants a particular experience.
Remove the iPad and replace with paper eventually I will have to turn pages while reading music that's one experience.
Keep the iPad I can turn pages using a Bluetooth foot pedal that's another experience. Remove the foot controller and flick the pages on the iPad yet another experience. Adding a watch again could create another experience.
Again that experience has yet to be determined.
So it depends on what the user wants to experience if a device is integral.
The Apple Watch with everything else will just offer a particular experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
And again a smart watch will not be for just being what you traditionally consider as a watch, no more than a cellphone is used to for what it was used for only 10 years ago, just making phone calls, that's why we have smartphones.

I find it hilarious because I remember the Same discussion about why would I want to listen to music on my cellphone. You guys aren't looking at the bigger picture.

I am, I just don't see the appeal in it.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I am, I just don't see the appeal in it.

Understandable , and I agree the first iterations won't be that appealing, but the future. Versions will be, was the first smartphone so amazing, was the first iPhone even, remember no App Store with the first iPhone...

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Understandable , and I agree the first iterations won't be that appealing, but the future. Versions will be, was the first smartphone so amazing, was the first iPhone even, remember no App Store with the first iPhone...

The smart watch market is over a year old, I mean the Pebble came out last year. Next year, hopefully we see some significant strides. But for now, I still prefer traditional watches.