You are just derailing from the topic of the thread.
    What are you talking about, how is the subject of the usefulness of the watch derailing the topic. How is discussing why Apple would produce an iWatch derailing the topic. It speaks exactly to the posters concern. I'm responding to a poster, what's with you man??? Send me another infraction, I couldn't careless.better yet ban me, what's the point if discussing a topic if every 5 minutes you are going to limit, we aren't on tv, we aren't given only 90 minutes to answer the viewers questions
    11-26-2014 01:51 PM
    You are just derailing from the topic of the thread.
    In another thread he said "trolling is an art".... lol
    He must be trying to show us how good he is at arts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2014 01:52 PM
    In another thread he said "trolling is an art".... lol
    He must be trying to show us how good he is at arts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Not really I thought I was speaking with adults that don't have emotional melt downs over disagreeing on a message board. It's sad that not agreeing with a person is what you think trolling is about.
    A895 likes this.
    11-26-2014 01:56 PM
    What are you talking about, how is the subject of the usefulness of the watch derailing the topic. How is discussing why Apple would produce an iWatch derailing the topic. It speaks exactly to the posters concern. I'm responding to a poster, what's with you man??? Send me another infraction, I couldn't careless.better yet ban me, what's the point if discussing a topic if every 5 minutes you are going to limit, we aren't on tv, we aren't given only 90 minutes to answer the viewers questions
    The basic question here isn't why Apple is making a watch. That's the conversation you're trying to have which isn't interesting to me, which is why I created a thread. It's will they try to push it so much that they might take some of the usefulness of the iPhone and try to convince us that having that usefulness on a watch is better than having it on our phone? Why Apple is making the watch isn't a question here. Why companies make anything isn't a question.
    Derrick4Real likes this.
    11-26-2014 02:00 PM
    The basic question here isn't why Apple is making a watch. It's will they try to push it so much that they might take some of the usefulness of the iPhone and try to convince us that having that usefulness on a watch is better than having it on our phone? Why Apple is making the watch isn't a question here. Why companies make anything isn't a question.
    And again, if you understand the concept of wearable tech, yes, it will be able to replace some of the functionality of a phone. Being to integrate With the machines around you. For example, ipay which other smart watches already do.

Overall, though, it will be a companion device for now and maybe it will morph into its own stand alone, ... Due to the real estate size I do not see it replacing a phone especially a phablet completely right now, but the uses for wearable tech are endless and the way we will interact with our devices today will be very different in the future.

So , why Apple would produce this device is essential to answering your question.
    11-26-2014 02:06 PM
    All companies doing smart watches have already crippled them. People can argue all day about the I watch or Moto 360 looks and quite honestly neither appeal to me, I can find a watch worth $75 that looks better, until smarteatches focus on the #1 reason we buy watches (looks and form) then they won't really catch on with the masses. Though, Smart watches in general don't appeal to me.

But I may be the wrong person to answer this as I use a RAZR M from 2012, and have an Xbox 360 from 2011. When something is good enough, why leave it? Watches are good enough as is, why do we need another expensive gadget that STILL requires us to use our phone? My $0.02.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-26-2014 03:25 PM
    All companies doing smart watches have already crippled them. People can argue all day about the I watch or Moto 360 looks and quite honestly neither appeal to me, I can find a watch worth $75 that looks better, until smarteatches focus on the #1 reason we buy watches (looks and form) then they won't really catch on with the masses. Though, Smart watches in general don't appeal to me.

But I may be the wrong person to answer this as I use a RAZR M from 2012, and have an Xbox 360 from 2011. When something is good enough, why leave it? Watches are good enough as is, why do we need another expensive gadget that STILL requires us to use our phone? My $0.02.

And again a smart watch will not be for just being what you traditionally consider as a watch, no more than a cellphone is used to for what it was used for only 10 years ago, just making phone calls, that's why we have smartphones.

I find it hilarious because I remember the Same discussion about why would I want to listen to music on my cellphone. You guys aren't looking at the bigger picture.
    11-26-2014 03:58 PM
    Again I believe you won't need a Apple Watch a iPhone a iPad a Mac a Apple TV for the experience just for a particular experience.
    Earlier today I had to go over some music for a rehearsal today.
    I played the track from my iTunes library from my MacBook Air and Airplayed it through ATV to listen through my TV speakers and scribbled out a rough chart on my iPad. This is a particular experience.
    The same can be done with a Walkman and pencil and paper or replace the iPad with pen and paper.
    Now adding a Apple Watch could add to the experience in some way that hasn't been determined yet. But it won't be needed.
    Just like the other devices mentioned aren't needed unless the user wants a particular experience.
    Remove the iPad and replace with paper eventually I will have to turn pages while reading music that's one experience.
    Keep the iPad I can turn pages using a Bluetooth foot pedal that's another experience. Remove the foot controller and flick the pages on the iPad yet another experience. Adding a watch again could create another experience.
    Again that experience has yet to be determined.
    So it depends on what the user wants to experience if a device is integral.
    The Apple Watch with everything else will just offer a particular experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-26-2014 04:06 PM
    And again a smart watch will not be for just being what you traditionally consider as a watch, no more than a cellphone is used to for what it was used for only 10 years ago, just making phone calls, that's why we have smartphones.

I find it hilarious because I remember the Same discussion about why would I want to listen to music on my cellphone. You guys aren't looking at the bigger picture.
    I am, I just don't see the appeal in it.

11-26-2014 05:28 PM
    I am, I just don't see the appeal in it.

Understandable , and I agree the first iterations won't be that appealing, but the future. Versions will be, was the first smartphone so amazing, was the first iPhone even, remember no App Store with the first iPhone...
    11-26-2014 05:55 PM
    Understandable , and I agree the first iterations won't be that appealing, but the future. Versions will be, was the first smartphone so amazing, was the first iPhone even, remember no App Store with the first iPhone...
    The smart watch market is over a year old, I mean the Pebble came out last year. Next year, hopefully we see some significant strides. But for now, I still prefer traditional watches.

11-26-2014 06:26 PM
    You are 1 of 7 billion people on the planet. If you think you as 1 person determine how products are built , you have some serious delusions of self importance. Apple isn't making a product for 1 person it's making a product considering a whole lot of questions, what can I oroduce, how does it fit in my product lineup, where can I sell it, how difficult is it to build, how much will it cost, what problems does it solve,..... I'm sorry if you feel your concern as the "watch" not being what you need is at all a factor it's not. Combine your opinion with about 10 million others and then it's worth looking at from a companies point of view and product development trending.
    you're so in you're own world it's crazy.

NOTHING I said was about "how products are built." I was talking about what products I want to buy.

You decided to hear what you want to hear and be outraged by it. Then wrote a response to something completely irrelevant to my point. You simply aren't comprehending what people are writing. And here's a reality check. Half of the 7 billion people on this planet if not more can't afford wearable tech, don't care what it does, and have greater concerns than those going on in you're world. Apple isn't making products from them. I'd respond to the rest of your post but it's clearly not responsive to my comment.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-27-2014 06:19 PM
    you're so in you're own world it's crazy.

NOTHING I said was about "how products are built." I was talking about what products I want to buy.

You decided to hear what you want to hear and be outraged by it. Then wrote a response to something completely irrelevant to my point. You simply aren't comprehending what people are writing. And here's a reality check. Half of the 7 billion people on this planet if not more can't afford wearable tech, don't care what it does, and have greater concerns than those going on in you're world. Apple isn't making products from them. I'd respond to the rest of your post but it's clearly not responsive to my comment.
    And let's try it again, it is perfectly fine you feel the product has no use FOR YOU.

Especially , in that you've never used it, but again I'm not addressing only you, but the overall discussion about the iWatch, but let me reiterate again if you didn't get it the first , it's fine if you feel it's no use for you. They aren't building an iWatch just for you.
    11-27-2014 06:24 PM
    Personally I hate watches, smart or dumb as doorknobs, watches aren't my thing. But I could totally see someone who uses a watch daily to enjoy and make good use of an Apple watch. Just not me. I actually like to whip out my phone and look at it. 😊
    12-23-2014 05:33 PM
    All the arguing and bickering in this thread... It oddly makes me suddenly feel like I want to buy a watch.

I've never owned a wrist watch.

Well, a while back I'd never owned an iPhone either.

Times are changing...

Maybe.
    12-23-2014 07:37 PM
    You don't need, but it is how we will work with machines in the future. You don't need a mouse we had keyboards, you don't need a screen we had switches, lights and plotters, you didn't need a cell phone many older generations are content with lan line and snail mail, but better or worse a wearable is the next step, and eventually we will have implants ... This is the procession of technology ... It's actually a science principle called the singularity. Great books on the subject , check one out.
    I'm with you on implants and will be in line on day one. Or putting my brain into a robot body. Or downloading my mind into a computer. I'd even settle for being a head in a jar.

But a smart watch...I just don't see it. All the other things you listed solved problems or greatly improved workflows. I don't see how being able to read a text message on my wrist is going to be better than reading it on my phone. My phone is always within arm's reach. If it isn't within reach then there is a valid reason why it is not and I do not need a smart watch in that time instead of my phone.

I'm perfectly satisfied with my pocket computer. I just don't see how a face or wrist computer will improve my life.
    12-23-2014 08:12 PM
    Apple really doesn't need to do much persuading. Apple makes a new product announcement, people talk crap about it before the product even launches. Once it does launch, people try it out, ending up falling in love with it, they sell out like hot cakes. Apple sells 'em by the Millions!!!

I'm sure this is how the Apple Watch will play out.
    12-23-2014 08:17 PM
    sign me up for the watch. i'm sold. #fanboy
    12-24-2014 01:07 AM
68 123