I think some or missing the point, it's not about wearing a device, it's the seamless dissemination of information without being intrusive to your life, blending the line between man and machine.
    I don't need that or care about that
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-24-2014 06:14 AM
    I don't need that or care about that
    It's not about you, it's about technology.
    11-24-2014 06:59 AM
    Initially I was really excited and thought I would get one. Right now I'm planning to go home and then to Scotland and England in September so I'm not going to go through that extravagance.
    I'd rather have my upgraded iPhone in September 2015 than a watch this year.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    11-24-2014 08:16 AM
    I never wear regular watches, I wouldn't wear a smart watch.
    11-24-2014 11:08 AM
    No. It's about how the individual user wants to use the tech to their advantage. If the tech is deemed cumbersome by the user, then it is useless to that user.
    11-24-2014 11:12 AM
    Initially I was really excited and thought I would get one. Right now I'm planning to go home and then to Scotland and England in September so I'm not going to go through that extravagance.
    I'd rather have my upgraded iPhone in September 2015 than a watch this year.

Please say hello to Rowdy Roddy Piper for me.
    11-24-2014 11:13 AM
    No. It's about how the individual user wants to use the tech to their advantage. If the tech is deemed cumbersome by the user, then it is useless to that user.
    How would you know what it is, and people haven't been using it. Wearable tech is new but it is for here to stay.
    11-24-2014 11:15 AM
    How would you know what it is, and people haven't been using it. Wearable tech is new but it is for here to stay.
    I know what a wrist watch is. I couldn't give two money doo-doo's about what the technology is involved in it because it doesn't change the fact that it has to be tethered to my wrist like a wrist watch. Knowing that it has to be placed there to be "convenient", it already is cumbersome to me. Therefore it is useless.
    11-24-2014 11:18 AM
    . I'll try....

11-24-2014 11:31 AM
    I know what a wrist watch is. I couldn't give two money doo-doo's about what the technology is involved in it because it doesn't change the fact that it has to be tethered to my wrist like a wrist watch. Knowing that it has to be placed there to be "convenient", it already is cumbersome to me. Therefore it is useless.
    Again. The fact it is watch is irrelevant , it's the concept of wearable integration. The how it will be done and effectively be implemented is what companies are working on. Again. You are considering it as a watch and what one can do with a watch , which is not looking at the problem wearable tech is trying to solve. There will be implementations and possibilities that you wouldn't even imagine at this point.
    11-24-2014 11:32 AM
    Again. The fact it is watch is irrelevant , it's the concept of wearable integration. The how it will be done and effectively be implemented is what companies are working on. Again. You are considering it as a watch and what one can do with a watch , which is not looking at the problem wearable tech is trying to solve. There will be implementations and possibilities that you wouldn't even imagine at this point.
    The next step is implanting something inside of my skin. That's the only way.
    11-24-2014 12:40 PM
    The next step is implanting something inside of my skin. That's the only way.
    Read my original quote, this is exactly, the way it is going with what is known as the human machine singularity, it's a science principle. Wearable tech is the current because we still aren't able to get small enough for creating intelligent enough implants, plus all the safety work that needs to be done , etc ... But yes you are absolutely right, up next implants.

As I write in a previous post

"You don't need, but it is how we will work with machines in the future. You don't need a mouse we had keyboards, you don't need a screen we had switches, lights and plotters, you didn't need a cell phone many older generations are content with lan line and snail mail, but better or worse a wearable is the next step, and eventually we will have implants ... This is the procession of technology ... It's actually a science principle called the singularity. Great books on the subject , check one out."
    11-24-2014 01:00 PM
    Read my original quote, this is exactly, the way it is going with what is known as the human machine singularity, it's a science principle. Wearable tech is the current because we still aren't able to get small enough for creating intelligent enough implants, plus all the safety work that needs to be done , etc ... But yes you are absolutely right, up next implants.

As I write in a previous post

"You don't need, but it is how we will work with machines in the future. You don't need a mouse we had keyboards, you don't need a screen we had switches, lights and plotters, you didn't need a cell phone many older generations are content with lan line and snail mail, but better or worse a wearable is the next step, and eventually we will have implants ... This is the procession of technology ... It's actually a science principle called the singularity. Great books on the subject , check one out."
    It's creepy.
    11-24-2014 02:30 PM
    It's creepy.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near

Eh... Its progress Im sure someone from the past would look at all the things we have and think it's creepy. For the generations of the future it will seem the norm.
    11-24-2014 02:37 PM
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near

Eh... Its progress Im sure someone from the past would look at all the things we have and think it's creepy. For the generations of the future it will seem the norm.
    I don't care about the future generation. I'll be dead.

You've twisted the subject of this thread to something else.
    Derrick4Real likes this.
    11-24-2014 02:55 PM
    I don't care about the future generation. I'll be dead.

You've twisted the subject of this thread to something else.
    The answer was a response to someone who said I don't see the point of iWatch. And my response if you think about the item as just a watch then you wouldn't.

Much like if you thought of a cellphone as just a device for making phone calls, while on the go, you wouldn't see the point. So, I'm quite sure from app developers to chips that will be eventually integrated into it, the use will go far beyond anything you can imagine right now.
    11-24-2014 03:02 PM
    The answer was a response to someone who said I don't see the point of iWatch.
    Then you wouldn't have directly quoted my post.
    11-24-2014 03:05 PM
    Then you wouldn't have directly quoted my post.
    Dude it's a general discussion and that's the context not specifically all is addressing comments you make. Read thread it's all centered on the thread and topic
    11-24-2014 03:38 PM
    I think it's up to the user if a Apple Watch is integral to their daily lives.
    Some may put it in their mix some may not. I feel it's a option like many things are options. Will it make things easier? Possibly. But again it's that particular users desire. Again there may be some function with Apple Watch and iPhone that one desires but not required. Just like continuity. Some may desire it some may not. Some may not want every device ringing when they get a phone call.
    In the end a user doesn't have to have it if they don't want it.
    A user doesn't need a Mac to enjoy a iPhone/iPad or a iPhone/iPad to enjoy Mac. Having 2 or 3 or 4 Apple devices just enriches the experience to a degree. They are a lot of folks here that have one of every device on different platforms because that's what they desire or prefer.
    It will be interesting to see what developers come up with as far as Apple Watch is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 04:13 PM
    Agreed, it may not be useful for everyone, but the point of Apple management is to understand trends, translate vision, and sell products... How many people use to carry seperate MP3 players and phones and GPS and game players and ... How many do that today?
    11-24-2014 04:36 PM
    It's ENTIRELY about me.

They sell a product. I and I alone decide if I want it. And those things you say make a smart watch important just aren't to me. And sorry, when it comes to me buying something my concerns are the the only concerns that matters.

This entire thread is about a watch except for the conversation you think you're having.
    Last edited by Derrick4Real; 11-26-2014 at 06:16 AM.
    11-26-2014 06:05 AM
    11-26-2014 06:13 AM
    One thing I like about Smartwatches though...either way you see it, it's still a watch at the end of the day. The smart features are just gravy on the rice for me, but unlike a smartphone, I don't have delusions of what a watch must be.
    11-26-2014 11:50 AM
    It's ENTIRELY about me.

They sell a product. I and I alone decide if I want it. And those things you say make a smart watch important just aren't to me. And sorry, when it comes to me buying something my concerns are the the only concerns that matters.

This entire thread is about a watch except for the conversation you think you're having.
    You are 1 of 7 billion people on the planet. If you think you as 1 person determine how products are built , you have some serious delusions of self importance. Apple isn't making a product for 1 person it's making a product considering a whole lot of questions, what can I oroduce, how does it fit in my product lineup, where can I sell it, how difficult is it to build, how much will it cost, what problems does it solve,..... I'm sorry if you feel your concern as the "watch" not being what you need is at all a factor it's not. Combine your opinion with about 10 million others and then it's worth looking at from a companies point of view and product development trending.
    Last edited by acadia11; 11-26-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    11-26-2014 01:16 PM
    You are 1 of 7 billion people on the planet. If you think you as 1 person determine how products are built , you have some serious delusions of self importance. Apple isn't making a product for 1 person it's making a product considering a whole lot of questions, what can I oroduce, how does it fit in my product lineup, where can I sell it, how difficult is it to build, how much will it cost, what problems does it solve,..... I'm sorry if you feel your concern as the "watch" not being what you need is at all a factor it's not. Combine your opinion with about 10 million others and then it's worth looking at.
    You are just derailing from the topic of the thread.
    11-26-2014 01:41 PM
68 123