With the release of the larger screen iPhones, and more and more people converting from other platforms to iPhone, do you think Apple might start implementing more features, you know for example the trace style keyboard, download files etc, or do you think it would make iOS to buggy and resource hungry?
    11-15-2014 06:14 PM
    I think not on the keyboards just because they opened it up to third-parties. I think an iCloud Files app will happen sooner rather than later, but it's another case where Apple may feel that third parties (like Readdle's Documents app) are handling it just fine.
    11-15-2014 06:48 PM
    I doubt they would allow users to download random files from the internet, it poses too much risk to the security of the OS and customers.
    11-17-2014 11:22 PM
    I'm seeing that they've made a move towards allowing third party products. Now the question is: Just how much will they open the door?

I was one of the many who got very excited upon knowing that third party keyboards were available. I'd love to know that I could have a file manager, third party apps, etc. Thing is, just how far is Apple willing to let us go? When does it pose a security or reliability threat?

That's an answer only Apple knows at this point.
    11-18-2014 10:01 AM
    With the release of the larger screen iPhones, and more and more people converting from other platforms to iPhone, do you think Apple might start implementing more features, you know for example the trace style keyboard, download files etc, or do you think it would make iOS to buggy and resource hungry?
    If they add multitasking on it I would consider it. The bigger screen and LTE fixed both issues on why I left in the first place but it needs something to say push me to get it. Great phone otherwise the 6 plus

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 02:07 PM
    If they add multitasking on it I would consider it. The bigger screen and LTE fixed both issues on why I left in the first place but it needs something to say push me to get it. Great phone otherwise the 6 plus

I don't understand... IPhones have multitasking... Not the multitasking Android has but I don't see any problems multitasking on the iPhones I have or had..
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-19-2014 07:56 AM
    I don't understand... IPhones have multitasking... Not the multitasking Android has but I don't see any problems multitasking on the iPhones I have or had..
    They don't "have" multitasking .....not in the true sense of term and specially not how Samsung does it with multi window. Even reviews of it say they wish it had multitasking ..., I have an iPad and while I love it wished it took advantage of the screen more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-19-2014 08:27 AM
    There are two things I would like natively:
    Document handling improvements such as being able to email a word doc natively
    An onboard native file manager

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    11-24-2014 08:49 AM
    They don't "have" multitasking .....not in the true sense of term and specially not how Samsung does it with multi window. Even reviews of it say they wish it had multitasking ..., I have an iPad and while I love it wished it took advantage of the screen more

Oh, the reviews said they wish it had multitasking? Well that seals it. It's not true multitasking!

It doesn't matter what your view of the term is. The fact of the matter is that iOS does multitask. I can double-click out of Tapatalk, refresh my timeline on Tweetbot, double-click and go read an email, and then double click and come back to Tapatalk to come finish this post. Which is exactly what I just did right now.

How is that not multitasking? What good does it do for anyone to have two 2.25 inches of apps on the screen?
    jianrong likes this.
    11-24-2014 10:58 AM
    Oh, the reviews said they wish it had multitasking? Well that seals it. It's not true multitasking!

It doesn't matter what your view of the term is. The fact of the matter is that iOS does multitask. I can double-click out of Tapatalk, refresh my timeline on Tweetbot, double-click and go read an email, and then double click and come back to Tapatalk to come finish this post. Which is exactly what I just did right now.

How is that not multitasking? What good does it do for anyone to have two 2.25 inches of apps on the screen?
    Alot? I use it all the time on my note 4...

11-24-2014 11:14 AM
    Alot? I use it all the time on my note 4...

Okay. That's great. Don't make it to be like how the iPhone multitasks isn't multitasking at all because it doesn't fit Samsung's hacky way of multitasking.
    11-24-2014 11:15 AM
    Okay. That's great. Don't make it to be like how the iPhone multitasks isn't multitasking at all because it doesn't fit Samsung's hacky way of multitasking.
    It's not multitasking in the true sense of ios.... No way how even android does it

11-24-2014 11:17 AM
    It's not multitasking in the true sense of ios.... No way how even android does it

Android does it pretty bad, in my opinion.
    11-24-2014 11:18 AM
    Android does it pretty bad, in my opinion.
    lol ...it does it way better then iOS ever could.... I'm fine with it but with the 1gb of ram hampers it pretty much any true multitasking iOS can do

11-24-2014 11:19 AM
    http://www.cultofmac.com/303223/ios-...android-heres/

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 11:28 AM
    If battery life is poor. Doesn't matter how much ram you have.

jianrong likes this.
    11-24-2014 11:32 AM
    If battery life is poor. Doesn't matter how much ram you have.

What poor battery life ? My note 4 easily lasts me 5-6 hours of screen time

11-24-2014 11:36 AM
    http://www.cultofmac.com/303223/ios-...android-heres/

Android optimizes ram perfectly fine ....you don't want to keep killing process and Will free up ram when needed .

11-24-2014 11:38 AM
    What poor battery life ? My note 4 easily lasts me 5-6 hours of screen time

I'm getting like 9-10 hours of screen time on the 6 plus.

jianrong likes this.
    11-24-2014 11:41 AM
    I'm getting like 9-10 hours of screen time on the 6 plus.

Lol..under my same conditions ? I keep my phone brightness around 70% and heavy usage . iPhone 6 plus would probably be around the same for me ....iPhone 4 was around 4-5 for me

11-24-2014 11:50 AM
    My own personal experience with battery life:
    iPhone 6 plus > note 4.
    I consistently get 9-10 hours on my iPhone 6+.
    Couldn't get past 4.5 hours with my note 4, auto brightness off , but everything else was on.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    jianrong likes this.
    11-24-2014 12:25 PM
    Yes apple please just give us a file manager even if it is your own and restricted but i want one place to browse all of my documents not just within the app they are in! (also let it view pictures as well)

2nd Multi window is something that needs to happen and it will samsung does it great and even LG has it now but it is not even a baked in feature for android yet which is a huge fail. Even with the restrictions of the multi window apps it is still a great feature that i hope all OSes and devices include soon.
    12-02-2014 04:53 PM
    I love when people argue about "true multitasking"

Unless you're ambidextrous and can have your eyes reading both sides of your split screen simultaneously, no one is ever truly multitasking, as in, performing two seperate tasks simultaneously. Even on a desktop with multiple monitors, you are never truly performing two independent tasks simultaneously with any sort of efficiency. Though having multiple monitors/multi window can certainly make some tasks more convenient and faster.

As for multitasking in the OS, meaning the OS allowing apps to run in the background... Yes, iPhones don't have the ram necessary to allow a bunch of apps to continuously run in the background. If you need a bunch of apps to run in the background, then iOS and the iPhone as they currently are, are not for you. The likely coming increase in ram could see this change, but who knows.
    12-02-2014 05:18 PM
    I love when people argue about "true multitasking"

Unless you're ambidextrous and can have your eyes reading both sides of your split screen simultaneously, no one is ever truly multitasking, as in, performing two seperate tasks simultaneously. Even on a desktop with multiple monitors, you are never truly performing two independent tasks simultaneously with any sort of efficiency. Though having multiple monitors/multi window can certainly make some tasks more convenient and faster.

As for multitasking in the OS, meaning the OS allowing apps to run in the background... Yes, iPhones don't have the ram necessary to allow a bunch of apps to continuously run in the background. If you need a bunch of apps to run in the background, then iOS and the iPhone as they currently are, are not for you. The likely coming increase in ram could see this change, but who knows.
    I totally agree, phones are not like large screen desktop computers or laptops where you can run numerous apps in parallel and you can see them all at the same time. The sub 5 inch screens, even the tablets, barring those Windows Tablets (which don't count), show one app at any given time. It is plenty enough for two eyes on a mobile device. So, no matter how sophisticated the multitasking may be on any given device, you are stuck with one app on your screen anyways.

iOS' multitasking does well on their mobile devices, which is sufficient for me, more than good enough...
    12-03-2014 08:17 AM
    I'll be truly surprised if we ever get some sort of file manager akin to what is available on Android. This is one of the areas where iOS and Android differ significantly. Some sort of app agnostic "document manager" is something I could see happening though.
    12-03-2014 09:10 AM
29 12