With the release of the larger screen iPhones

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
With the release of the larger screen iPhones, and more and more people converting from other platforms to iPhone, do you think Apple might start implementing more features, you know for example the trace style keyboard, download files etc, or do you think it would make iOS to buggy and resource hungry?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I doubt they would allow users to download random files from the internet, it poses too much risk to the security of the OS and customers.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing that they've made a move towards allowing third party products. Now the question is: Just how much will they open the door?

I was one of the many who got very excited upon knowing that third party keyboards were available. I'd love to know that I could have a file manager, third party apps, etc. Thing is, just how far is Apple willing to let us go? When does it pose a security or reliability threat?

That's an answer only Apple knows at this point.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
With the release of the larger screen iPhones, and more and more people converting from other platforms to iPhone, do you think Apple might start implementing more features, you know for example the trace style keyboard, download files etc, or do you think it would make iOS to buggy and resource hungry?
If they add multitasking on it I would consider it. The bigger screen and LTE fixed both issues on why I left in the first place but it needs something to say push me to get it. Great phone otherwise the 6 plus

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If they add multitasking on it I would consider it. The bigger screen and LTE fixed both issues on why I left in the first place but it needs something to say push me to get it. Great phone otherwise the 6 plus

I don't understand... IPhones have multitasking... Not the multitasking Android has but I don't see any problems multitasking on the iPhones I have or had..

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand... IPhones have multitasking... Not the multitasking Android has but I don't see any problems multitasking on the iPhones I have or had..

They don't "have" multitasking .....not in the true sense of term and specially not how Samsung does it with multi window. Even reviews of it say they wish it had multitasking ..., I have an iPad and while I love it wished it took advantage of the screen more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
There are two things I would like natively:
Document handling improvements such as being able to email a word doc natively
An onboard native file manager

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They don't "have" multitasking .....not in the true sense of term and specially not how Samsung does it with multi window. Even reviews of it say they wish it had multitasking ..., I have an iPad and while I love it wished it took advantage of the screen more

Oh, the reviews said they wish it had multitasking? Well that seals it. It's not true multitasking!

It doesn't matter what your view of the term is. The fact of the matter is that iOS does multitask. I can double-click out of Tapatalk, refresh my timeline on Tweetbot, double-click and go read an email, and then double click and come back to Tapatalk to come finish this post. Which is exactly what I just did right now.

How is that not multitasking? What good does it do for anyone to have two 2.25 inches of apps on the screen?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh, the reviews said they wish it had multitasking? Well that seals it. It's not true multitasking!

It doesn't matter what your view of the term is. The fact of the matter is that iOS does multitask. I can double-click out of Tapatalk, refresh my timeline on Tweetbot, double-click and go read an email, and then double click and come back to Tapatalk to come finish this post. Which is exactly what I just did right now.

How is that not multitasking? What good does it do for anyone to have two 2.25 inches of apps on the screen?
Alot? I use it all the time on my note 4...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay. That's great. Don't make it to be like how the iPhone multitasks isn't multitasking at all because it doesn't fit Samsung's hacky way of multitasking.
It's not multitasking in the true sense of ios.... No way how even android does it

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If battery life is poor. Doesn't matter how much ram you have.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting like 9-10 hours of screen time on the 6 plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Lol..under my same conditions ? I keep my phone brightness around 70% and heavy usage . iPhone 6 plus would probably be around the same for me ....iPhone 4 was around 4-5 for me

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My own personal experience with battery life:
iPhone 6 plus > note 4.
I consistently get 9-10 hours on my iPhone 6+.
Couldn't get past 4.5 hours with my note 4, auto brightness off , but everything else was on.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative