Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

I like Android for its functionality, and I think the software's already got to a point where it's stable.

The thing is that I could use an iOS device just as satisfying enough for my needs to match how I use my Android phones. It's really a moot point to bash iOS or Android, especially when we are the lucky folks to have the most apps out there. We really nit pick too much sometimes. Windows Phones and Blackberries have it so tough, I can't even say how lucky we are...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

I like Android for its functionality, and I think the software's already got to a point where it's stable.

The thing is that I could use an iOS device just as satisfying enough for my needs to match how I use my Android phones. It's really a moot point to bash iOS or Android, especially when we are the lucky folks to have the most apps out there. We really nit pick too much sometimes. Windows Phones and Blackberries have it so tough, I can't even say how lucky we are...

I totally enjoy my Note 4. And my Lumia. But I still prefer the sleek, smooth, fluidity and the ecosystem of iOS.

I remember back on all the aggravation I dealt with during the last couple of years of BlackBerry and wonder why in God's green earth I ever dealt with all the bricking, rebooting, battery drops, lack of ENJOYMENT of being able to pick up a phone and miracle of miracles, have it WORK. AND THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Jesusmaryandjoseph THE PEOPLE with the condescending, insulting, attacking arrogance of "tools not toys" and "better Android than Android" and "amateur hour is over" and the best one....the WAKE UP fiasco.....when all the time the phones have been nothing but a hot mess of bull doo-doo....

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

With me at the moment, active:

Phone 6
Note 4
iPad 3 Retina
Lumia 1520

Work issued Samsung 5

In the drawer and would have been active except for BlackBerry abandoning me as the consumer - Q10.

This drives the trolls at CB and BlackBerry troll sites apes**t. It's hilarious to visualise their veins popping out of their heads.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Lol I know. At the moment I've got my iPhone 6+, iPad Air 4G, Nexus 5, Palm pixi plus and work issued LG Optimus G, and until recently there was a Q5 and I almost got a Z30. I have my Curve 8330 and Pearl 8130 in a drawer, and they still work.

But I'm a BB hating troll. No. I just don't mince words when they mess up.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I totally enjoy my Note 4. And my Lumia. But I still prefer the sleek, smooth, fluidity and the ecosystem of iOS.

I remember back on all the aggravation I dealt with during the last couple of years of BlackBerry and wonder why in God's green earth I ever dealt with all the bricking, rebooting, battery drops, lack of ENJOYMENT of being able to pick up a phone and miracle of miracles, have it WORK. AND THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Jesusmaryandjoseph THE PEOPLE with the condescending, insulting, attacking arrogance of "tools not toys" and "better Android than Android" and "amateur hour is over" and the best one....the WAKE UP fiasco.....when all the time the phones have been nothing but a hot mess of bull doo-doo....

Well said. I think what killed blackberry for many people was their holier than thou attitude while there were clearly more productive and better phones on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I just realized I'm totally and completely incapable of being loyal to just one company. This realization really hit home when I woke up this morning.

BlackBerry Z30. - on bed, connected to charger.
Note 3 - on bed, connected to a charger.
5s - on bed, not charging.
iPad Mini - on bed, not charging.
Old Samsung basic phone - on bed, not charging (My alarm clock)
HP laptop Win 7 - on bed, turned off...

Queen size bed and I've got plenty of company. Even if it's not human.

I have and always will be never be brand loyal lol. I base my opinion of every item by item not by brand. I own a windows PC laptop because I prefer them over macs for various reasons , iPad Air 2 , and a Samsung Galaxy note 4 . I think the only loyalty I have is to Xbox lol but even then I own a ps4 and Xbox one lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

I'm LMAO at, "bull doo-doo...." :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have and always will be never be brand loyal lol. I base my opinion of every item by item not by brand. I own a windows PC laptop because I prefer them over macs for various reasons , iPad Air 2 , and a Samsung Galaxy note 4 . I think the only loyalty I have is to Xbox lol but even then I own a ps4 and Xbox one lol

You know that's a very good attitude to take on things. I also am that way. I prefer Apple myself because they work for me, but I'd be an ***** to say the note 4 or other androids don't compete hand in hand with Apple. And if Apple failed to please my needs in the future I wouldn't buy one and would be looking towards something else

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

My issue with BlackBerry is that they've decided to lean on Android by way of apps. The whole security of of BlackBerry is surely compromised by this method of install. Yet they've decided to go the easy route.

I like BlackBerry, I find some of the devices very nice. BB10 is quite pretty to look at and I loved my Z10. I've actually got a second Z30 being shipped to me from a CB member as we speak too.

I'm just sad that they can't entice their own developers enough that they can keep apps native.

the thing is you don't have to load android apps plus it's not the same as just having and android phone its like having a Norton Antivirus and using a pop up blocker and surfing the Internet. Also keep in mind that app of apples app developers are not all apple Inc directly lots are 3rd party and are often then same who makes android apps and windows etc, so yea obviously they are diehard ones that only do iOS which bb does have also, plus with 10.3 you can fully control what access you give to your apps, and as I said prior you don't have to download android apps it's an function same way you don't have to use Icloud services with its impeccable hack ratings just makes things easier. Yes I know you had a Z10 if memory serves it screen broke. I'm glad your getting a z30 when 10.3 drops you would see the diffrence but yea just saying didn't expect you to be a basher of something you love was a bit disappointing.thats like me confessing my love for you but bash you behind your back. But yah iOS 8 have its list of issues also so yea
Anyhow hope all is well down south

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Well said. I think what killed blackberry for many people was their holier than thou attitude while there were clearly more productive and better phones on the market

You mean the same way iOS is right now ?

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

I agree with you on this completely, the only thing I absolutely love on the mac book pro is the light on the back of the screen apart from that always prefer windows and as for gaming system I'm a loyalist to Nintendo I have all of them well expect for wii U and my 360 that I have never turned on since I got it more than twice.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

the thing is you don't have to load android apps plus it's not the same as just having and android phone its like having a Norton Antivirus and using a pop up blocker and surfing the Internet. Also keep in mind that app of apples app developers are not all apple Inc directly lots are 3rd party and are often then same who makes android apps and windows etc, so yea obviously they are diehard ones that only do iOS which bb does have also, plus with 10.3 you can fully control what access you give to your apps, and as I said prior you don't have to download android apps it's an function same way you don't have to use Icloud services with its impeccable hack ratings just makes things easier. Yes I know you had a Z10 if memory serves it screen broke. I'm glad your getting a z30 when 10.3 drops you would see the diffrence but yea just saying didn't expect you to be a basher of something you love was a bit disappointing.thats like me confessing my love for you but bash you behind your back. But yah iOS 8 have its list of issues also so yea
Anyhow hope all is well down south

Wow. Feel free to use periods between thoughts. It wouldn't hurt to throw in some white space every now and then, as well.

The main difference between BB using their hack/kludge to get android apps on their devices vs having native apps is huge.

For example, you can put a Chevy engine in a Ford with the proper adapters, but it?s not going to be easy, and maybe not a worthwhile endeavor. And there will be trade-offs and compromises.

Yes, the vast majority of apps in the AppStore are developed by third party developers (as opposed to being developed by Apple employees). But the apps that they develop and put in the AppStore are developed specifically for iOS. Some of these developers also have versions for other platforms, but you have to examine the whole picture of an app designed specifically for a platform that works in orchestra with that platform, verses cobbling together a process to force-fit the app into the platform.

And even with apps developed specifically for a platform, a large part of the overall experience is the stability and feature set of the platform itself. All platforms have issues of one type or another in the view of some. But I will just leave it at that.

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
As a consumer, a platform that gives its customers the finger by telling them to go to another platform to get their unoptimised apps without developer support is trash. BlackBerry didn't care about the consumer experience when they should have. Now they're in the "Other" category in world stats because consumers have given THEM the finger. And enterprise? Little by little each is leaving.

And the Passport is selling well? Really? How many have been produced? Sure you can create the appearance of sell outs when you manufacture limited quantities and they sell out because the leftover diehards scoop them up, sheepishly and blindly gobbling up a device with no native app market no ecosystem and less than mediocre customer support.

Yah....not the top of the heap like they used to be.

Hmm last time I check there selling pretty good but yea as for not caring about there customers then tell me why are there so many variety of phones and again no native apps what a joke 200, 000+native that's a proved by bb along with the millions android has best of both worlds, there not a app that not native that I need for my phone FYI. Again android apps are an option as the os can run android . So by your logic that makes it trash right last time I check you can run windows on a mac and I know lots that does this some even have it dual loaded so a mac is trash also ? And I find it so humorous that a iPhone 6 user calling another platform user sheep's who's more sheepish that a isheep who else buy into something that's 99% same thing with new coat of paint and people but it like hot cakes great marketing right talk about bang for your bucks and yea there selling so well also right ?
As for being a quasimotto I don't see nothing that resembles quasimotto than the hideous golden iPhone 6+ you have the wrong Disney character in mind if anything a passport is more of a Darth Vader of a phone. I'll keep my dart Vader of a phone and you keep your hideous boomerang but when it comes back and wack you in the head then you know why.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Hmm last time I check there selling pretty good but yea as for not caring about there customers then tell me why are there so many variety of phones and again no native apps what a joke there not a app that not native that I need for my phone FYI. Again android apps are an option as the os can run android . So by your logic that makes it trash right last time I check you can run windows on a mac and I know lots that does this some even have it dual loaded so a mac is trash also ? And I find it so humorous that a iPhone 6 user calling another platform user sheep's who's more sheepish that a isheep who else buy into something that's 99% same thing with new coat of paint and people but it like hot cakes great marketing right talk about bang for your bucks and yea there selling so well also right ?
As for being a quasimotto I don't see nothing that resembles quasimotto than the hideous golden iPhone 6+ you have the wrong Disney character in mind if anything a passport is more of a Darth Vader of a phone. I'll keep my dart Vader of a phone and you keep your hideous boomerang but when it comes back and wack you in the head then you know why.

Someone care to translate this stream of consciousness diatribe????

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

And as for the numbers 20,000 in 6 hrs sold so yea wow that so low 😑

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm last time I check there selling pretty good but yea as for not caring about there customers then tell me why are there so many variety of phones and again no native apps what a joke there not a app that not native that I need for my phone FYI. Again android apps are an option as the os can run android . So by your logic that makes it trash right last time I check you can run windows on a mac and I know lots that does this some even have it dual loaded so a mac is trash also ? And I find it so humorous that a iPhone 6 user calling another platform user sheep's who's more sheepish that a isheep who else buy into something that's 99% same thing with new coat of paint and people but it like hot cakes great marketing right talk about bang for your bucks and yea there selling so well also right ?

Quasimotto ? Is that the new Motorola phone? Or did you mean Quasimodo?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

This is a prime example of the Troll everyone has been asking about. They come to other forums to push their platform and then badmouth everyone on this forum for not following them.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

And as for the numbers 20,000 in 6 hrs sold so yea wow that so low

LOL!!!!! You're so busy being so ANGRY that you've just made the point that 20,000 in six hours is somehow NOT a low number

Oh dear me......the BlackBerry cultists who come in here are so good for a laugh.....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

This is a prime example of the Troll everyone has been asking about. They come to other forums to push their platform and then badmouth everyone on this forum for not following them.

Bingo.

But as least their raging ramblings are good for a few laughs

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Not sure anything in the previous message qualifies as a "stream of consciousness". :)

Originalloverman

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Wow. Feel free to use periods between thoughts. It wouldn't hurt to throw in some white space every now and then, as well.

The main difference between BB using their hack/kludge to get android apps on their devices vs having native apps is huge.

For example, you can put a Chevy engine in a Ford with the proper adapters, but it?s not going to be easy, and maybe not a worthwhile endeavor. And there will be trade-offs and compromises.

Yes, the vast majority of apps in the AppStore are developed by third party developers (as opposed to being developed by Apple employees). But the apps that they develop and put in the AppStore are developed specifically for iOS. Some of these developers also have versions for other platforms, but you have to examine the whole picture of an app designed specifically for a platform that works in orchestra with that platform, verses cobbling together a process to force-fit the app into the platform.

And even with apps developed specifically for a platform, a large part of the overall experience is the stability and feature set of the platform itself. All platforms have issues of one type or another in the view of some. But I will just leave it at that.

Yes and you just prove my point. There's a plethora of native apps(200,000) that runs flawlessly and is specifically designed for bb but what you and most I'll informed are forgetting it's not a "hack" as you call it.

The app store comes pre installed with the phone and works flawless on a blackberry that comes with 240,000 andriod apps that runs on bb so yea omg we have no apps omg😐 how would us bb owners survive. You do the maths and tell me.

Most people That give these falsified information are ones using leak os on devices that wasn't design to use such os as yet then whine and complain in the end. That's like using a silver back iphone1 then hack it and download ios8. On it then complain iPhone don't work this don't work that don't work.

And as well the #1 selling point and most important aspect is security for BlackBerry which is second to none.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods