Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you honestly think that this mindset is iMore site specific? I guarantee you that if you were to say the same thing on AC or Crackberry, the SAME EXACT THING would happen. C'mon.

Very true, when I was on Android. I called the OS fragmented. It ruffled a few feathers to say the least.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

I guess if you give reasons to back up why you called Android fragmented, it wouldn't ruffle the feathers too much...

The OS is not the same on all the devices, that's fragmentation.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

Well, at least if someone gave reasons on why Android being fragmented is bad for mobile instead of just saying it is, people will at least accept them instead of rejecting them outright. At least that's the idea.

In some respects I did.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

In some respects I did. It's like calling IOS the walled garden. Do you need a reason to call it that when you know it's a fact?
People are less likely to reject a notion if it's being explained in a more articulated manner than simply saying something is something. I'm not saying there will be a lack of grief but it's always good to give some thought and more description to what you say in discussions, because it is simply a good practice.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

The OS is not the same on all the devices, that's fragmentation.
That's differentiation. Android is supposed to be different on different devices. Choice, freedom and wide range of manufacturers and all that. The fact of Android being different on different manufacturers devices is a plus. It let's people figure out what they want, and manufacturers get to stand out from other manufacturers.

This is why WP getting more manufacturers won't help them in the least. Manufacturers like to put their own spin on things to make people pick up their device, for Android you can do that, you can't for WP.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

This is interesting news. Off topic to this thread. But some of the behaviour I've seen some trolls engage in would be covered.

Guess trolls will have to get off their nasty Twitter activities. Sadly they're likely to concentrate on tech forums even more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../twitter-rolls-out-new-anti-harassment-tools/

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember over 2 years ago suggesting here that Apple should be making an iPhone with a larger screen. I was assured that Apple customers did not want a phone with a larger screen and that the iPhone was already the perfect size.
I also remember reading about that time that NFC was a dead technology and that you would never see it on an iPhone.
Go ahead and call me a troll, except that I'm a troll with an iPhone 5c, an iPad Air and a Macbook Pro. I especially love the Mac, but I wasn't loving it as much when it kept disconnecting from wifi after the Yosemite upgrade.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember over 2 years ago suggesting here that Apple should be making an iPhone with a larger screen. I was assured that Apple customers did not want a phone with a larger screen and that the iPhone was already the perfect size.
I also remember reading about that time that NFC was a dead technology and that you would never see it on an iPhone.
Go ahead and call me a troll, except that I'm a troll with an iPhone 5c, an iPad Air and a Macbook Pro. I especially love the Mac, but I wasn't loving it as much when it kept disconnecting from wifi after the Yosemite upgrade.

Offering a dissenting opinion isn't a troll. Disagreeing within a discussion isn't a troll. Insulting is a troll. Name calling is a troll. Attacking people for the use of a phone is a troll. Engaging in libelous statements is a troll. Allowing that to happen without action to stop it is a troll. Harassment is a troll.

There are many trolls around. One who disagrees with a point and states that without any of the actions I mentioned isn't one. One who engages in it and/or allows it to happen is a troll.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Offering a dissenting opinion isn't a troll. Disagreeing within a discussion isn't a troll. Insulting is a troll. Name calling is a troll. Attacking people for the use of a phone is a troll. Engaging in libelous statements is a troll. Allowing that to happen without action to stop it is a troll. Harassment is a troll.

There are many trolls around. One who disagrees with a point and states that without any of the actions I mentioned isn't one. One who engages in it and/or allows it to happen is a troll.

Thanks for the education, I for one was never sure what a troll was, now I think I'm okay. :smile:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

The wall hugger thing was actually Samsung, not BlackBerry.

Actually John Chen started that before Samsung picked it up. I remember several threads on CB where members said BB missed an opportunity to use it in an ad.

Bla1ze even posted about it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-r...ping-things-off-even-lines-other-ceos-943458/

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup and there ecosystems sucks. I have no idea why they and everyone else thinks android is the answer for the BB. I for one hope they make a come back. The more devices put there the netter they all get with competition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I never read the stupidity of "BETTER ANDROID THAN ANDROID" again it will be too soon. Right along with tools not toys.

Utter tripe.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If I never read the stupidity of "BETTER ANDROID THAN ANDROID" again it will be too soon. Right along with tools not toys.

Utter tripe.

Tripe is exactly what it was. Repeated like a mantra post after post after post. sometimes that was the only thing the zealots would say. like a religious chant.

And they've got the audacity to day we're cultists because we use iPhones. They worship Chen.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Tripe is exactly what it was. Repeated like a mantra post after post after post. sometimes that was the only thing the zealots would say. like a religious chant.

And they've got the audacity to day we're cultists because we use iPhones. They worship Chen.
Or how WP users worship Microsoft as if they weren't one of several companies working with the NSA. Or how some worship Google.

I just dislike people who praise corporations. They are all companies built to take nothing but our money.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Or how WP users worship Microsoft as if they weren't one of several companies working with the NSA. Or how some worship Google.

I just dislike people who praise corporations. They are all companies built to take nothing but our money.

Yup. Their kind of worshipping is insane. You say one thing critical and they attack personally. And then if you defend yourself then you're deemed to be a problem.

It's pathetic.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I just realized I'm totally and completely incapable of being loyal to just one company. This realization really hit home when I woke up this morning.

BlackBerry Z30. - on bed, connected to charger.
Note 3 - on bed, connected to a charger.
5s - on bed, not charging.
iPad Mini - on bed, not charging.
Old Samsung basic phone - on bed, not charging (My alarm clock)
HP laptop Win 7 - on bed, turned off...

Queen size bed and I've got plenty of company. Even if it's not human.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I just realized I'm totally and completely incapable of being loyal to just one company. This realization really hit home when I woke up this morning.

BlackBerry Z30. - on bed, connected to charger.
Note 3 - on bed, connected to a charger.
5s - on bed, not charging.
iPad Mini - on bed, not charging.
Old Samsung basic phone - on bed, not charging (My alarm clock)
HP laptop Win 7 - on bed, turned off...

Queen size bed and I've got plenty of company. Even if it's not human.

With me at the moment, active:

Phone 6
Note 4
iPad 3 Retina
Lumia 1520

Work issued Samsung 5

In the drawer and would have been active except for BlackBerry abandoning me as the consumer - Q10.

This drives the trolls at CB and BlackBerry troll sites apes**t. It's hilarious to visualise their veins popping out of their heads.