Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It's funny because BB fanboys and gals will fight to the end. I've used most devices out there. I don't care to the point of fighting over a brand. I use what works for me at the time. I don't own the company I just use the products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only reason I would get a blackberry is for work where I prefer a physical keyboard. Other then that no reason to get one since in essence it's android on top of blackberry os

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yup and there ecosystems sucks. I have no idea why they and everyone else thinks android is the answer for the BB. I for one hope they make a come back. The more devices put there the netter they all get with competition.

Honestly I want Windows to come up and make more of a splash. A 3rd ecosystem is good for business. Windows looks good but with little app support the 2 major options are android and ios imo

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I want Windows to come up and make more of a splash. A 3rd ecosystem is good for business. Windows looks good but with little app support the 2 major options are android and ios imo

Yup I,like there offerings as far as phones it's the apps that kept me from using them.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the Icon and loved it. It's a shame because it seems like they also don't care about the apps. Not that I'm complaint but their apps come out on iOS before Windows phone.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering... Who are the iMore elite? I know that the site gives some that title, but if I'm not mistaken there are higher levels than that... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, when I started the thread I didn't really pay attention to those tags under the avatars. Was not meant to target a group just some is all.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If I can find a cheap nokia like the lumia 521 on Verizon I would buy one

I agree with you so much. I want a midrange or low end on Verizon to test it out, to see if I can live with it. But they have the discontinued Icon, the M8, and the Ativ SE and all of them aren't worth spending $500+ for.

I just can't see myself spending $100s of dollars for an OS like Windows Phone.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you so much. I want a midrange or low end on Verizon to test it out, to see if I can love with it. But they have the discontinued Icon, the M8, and the Ativ SE and all of them aren't worth spending $500+ for.

I just can't see myself spending $100s of dollars for an OS like Windows Phone.
Yeah I actually was interested in the icon when I got Verizon a month ago but it was discontinued. I have a xbox one so having xbox and a windows phone is intriguing concept. The other ones I don't like or don't want a s4 rehash.

Hopefully I can find a $100 or cheaper with LTE on Verizon because I would love to try one out and change between my note 4 and that.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the Icon and loved it. It's a shame because it seems like they also don't care about the apps. Not that I'm complaint but their apps come out on iOS before Windows phone.

I have to deal with that on android for a few apps so I don't mind the delay but the void of basic apps from Google and not 3rd party devs is disappointing. It's like which came first the chicken or the egg thing going on with Windows phone Tbh.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I actually was interested in the icon when I got Verizon a month ago but it was discontinued. I have a xbox one so having xbox and a windows phone is intriguing concept. The other ones I don't like or don't want a s4 rehash.

Hopefully I can find a $100 or cheaper with LTE on Verizon because I would love to try one out and change between my note 4 and that.

The HTC 8X, Ativ Odyssey and the Lumia 822 all are on Amazon for less than $100.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Believe it or not, every last app I rely upon is on my Lumia 1520. What are missing are peripheral apps that I don't necessarily rely upon, but which are nice to have.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That is what I am talking about, the 822 is $94 shipped off contract last time I checked. The Ativ Odyssey is around $80 off contract on Amazon.

14ce69a4f3532fa7f5ece388afdb1e0c.jpg

And they don't sell the lumia 822 directly from Amazon and I tend to avoid 3 party sellers on Amazon

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Believe it or not, every last app I rely upon is on my Lumia 1520. What are missing are peripheral apps that I don't necessarily rely upon, but which are nice to have.

See the issue with me I tend to avoid 3rd party sellers on Amazon , avoid 3 party devs on android since I find them inferior then say the dedicated Google YouTube app. I typically avoid anything not made by the actual developer lol .

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417286038600.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1417286038600.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 27

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
See the issue with me I tend to avoid 3rd party sellers on Amazon , avoid 3 party devs on android since I find them inferior then say the dedicated Google YouTube app. I typically avoid anything not made by the actual developer lol .

Oh I agree. Which is the reason I gave up my Q10. I won't use Android apps.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It is third party but it is $80. I'm curious why do you avoid third party sellers? I use mostly third party for majority of my orders.

Idk I got burned once for something and rather not deal with the trouble . I do some 3rd party if I have heard of it like Anker and some others but not stuff like that

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

They turned their back on consumers after reeling them in. Telling me to install apps from another platform and go through leaps and bounds is absolute garbage. And aside from that, attacking the consumer market by calling a certain segment of them "wall huggers" (which I thought was funny) is trash.

I think the design of their flagship design in trash.

I think that doing literally nothing to persuade developers to come develop on their platform is a severe form of garbage.

The wall hugger thing was actually Samsung, not BlackBerry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal