Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside of the box.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Another issue with the written word, such as in these forums, is that emotion can not always be shown. For example, I could say something jokingly, and meant to be taken lightly, but depending on how I type it...it could come across to others as being mean or negative.

Sometimes people read things the wrong way, and instead of trying to understand it they immediately go on the attack.

Very true, easy to get caught up in the moment and respond before thinking about what the poster was trying to say.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the real problem is seeing one's own platform actually 'winning' the platform wars... That's the true problem I think...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

It's not so much the getting hammered if you bash iOS. That is to be expected. It's the hate that ensues whenever you try and discuss things outside of Apple that bothers me.

Well...technically...this is the General Apple News & Discussion area of the forum. There is an "other OS" thread that includes Windows, Android, etc. In addition there are other non-Apple topic threads.

The same thing happens when someone posts something about Apple in the general Android discussion thread over at Android Central.

Also be sure to use lots of smiley faces for jokes where needed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly most people have the mindset that since they "love" something so much they hate whatever opposes it. Kind of like most Red Sox fans hate the Yankees. Most people on here especially the ones who have been on here a long time love everything Apple and hate Android. That's why you're going to get those types of comments when you asks questions about anything not Apple here.
Not necessarily. I enjoy 'technology'. Period. Having said that, if I purchase a product, I am going to put everything into learning it and making it work best for me. I did that with EVERY smartphone, dumb phone, PIM, computer, etcetera, I've ever owned. As of late, my brand of choice is Apple, specifically in regard to the iPhone and the MacBook. I do NOT hate Android or any other brand. I've used them all at some point in time, and many others here feel the same way.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys are veterans as someone said above, but from a new guys prospective I see things differently that's why the questions. I'll slowly learn what to post it not post, thanks for you opinion.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I understand to a degree, but "c'mon man", common sense should dictate some of the things you should and should not post in any brand-specific forum. When I get my new iPhone, I'm not going to go over to Android Central, Crackberry or to Windows Central and post how great I think it is and tell all of those people that they should get one, too. That's like going into a neighbor's house and telling them how your house looks so much better, and then act surprised when the occupants begin threatening to cause you great bodily harm. :)

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

I've just got to have something on every platform! It's just my nature! Currently I have an BB Z30, Android, OnePlus One, Apple iPad, Android Asus Transformer, Mac Book Pro, HP Envy Touch X2, and 2 Smart Watches a Pebble and a Martian. ;)

Keep spreadin' the love, bro :heart:

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I understand to a degree, but "c'mon man", common sense should dictate some of the things you should and should not post in any brand-specific forum. When I get my new iPhone, I'm not going to go over to Android Central, Crackberry or to Windows Central and post how great I think it is and tell all of those people that they should get one, too. That's like going into a neighbor's house and telling them how your house looks so much better, and then act surprised when the occupants begin threatening to cause you great bodily harm. :)

It is call iMore, so one might get the impression it meant iStuff and more. My mother always told me I had no common sense, but thanks for the advice. Not trying to be a smart *** either.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I see where you are coming from. I posted an opinion post about my hands on with the iPhone 6, at first there was civil discussion, and then people immediately started calling me a troll for speaking an opinion when it said opinion in the dang title.

Before that I suggested maybe Apple could expand into the low end, and I was immediately jumped on as if it was the worst idea ever. It was just a random thought. Not to be taken as if I was threatening something drastic.

Not only that opinions that are not the norm are shot down quickly by a lot of people here. I am not speaking to condemn the community as I do like the community for its NFL talk and I participate on the politics section. But I think people do tend to speak down to others here and don't realize it. That makes people like myself not want to participate regularly in the non off topic areas.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You're one of the few android users that don't hate apple. I had a galaxy S4 for a while. While I thought it was a good phone, I honestly just prefer using IOS.

I'm part of that few too. My daily regimen includes the use of a Note 3. When I first saw the iPhone 5c, I'd been one of those crazy anti-Apple folks.

I remember thinking "What am I doing being interested in this blue crapple?". However, I found that I had some sort of an epiphany. So I bought it, loved it, and decided I'd just stop being a fangirl.

Now I just buy what looks good, what works, and what will do what I'd like. It's nice not feeling any animosity towards a brand. It's freeing the feeling of just enjoying all there is out there for me.

When I shop for electronics, I'm always so amazed at just how much I missed when I didn't explore.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm part of that few too. My daily regimen includes the use of a Note 3. When I first saw the iPhone 5c, I'd been one of those crazy anti-Apple folks.

I remember thinking "What am I doing being interested in this blue crapple?". However, I found that I had some sort of an epiphany. So I bought it, loved it, and decided I'd just stop being a fangirl.

Now I just buy what looks good, what works, and what will do what I'd like. It's nice not feeling any animosity towards a brand. It's freeing the feeling of just enjoying all there is out there for me.

When I shop for electronics, I'm always so amazed at just how much I missed when I didn't explore.

I'm the same way. I'm actually thinking about getting an android tablet. Not sure which or if I even will but still thinking about it none the less.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm the same way. I'm actually thinking about getting an android tablet. Not sure which or if I even will but still thinking about it none the less.

It's fun when you get to nibble off all platters. Why eat only fillet mignon when there are other flavors worth savoring too?

Any one in particular? I'd liked the Note Pro but my Note 3 seems to be filling in my need for a stylus. The iPad mini fills in the need for a bigger screen. I actually like it smaller as it's easier to tote around in my purse. That and finger print scanner, I'm really being spoiled by that as I love not having to put in my pin!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure I haven't been in the android game for so long. Yes the finger print scanner is awesome. Whenever I touch anybody's device it takes me a second to remember I can't use my fingerprint to open it.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'm not sure I haven't been in the android game for so long. Yes the finger print scanner is awesome. Whenever I touch anybody's device it takes me a second to remember I can't use my fingerprint to open it.

Funny thing is I used to think it was gimmicky. I considered it pointless. Then I got a Mini 3 and I certainly used it a lot. So then when I got the 5s, it just became an expected routine in my day.

As for an Android tablet, I don't think my Mini will be going anywhere for a couple years. Though if the rumors are true about the Note 5 having a 4K screen, I'll be getting one next year.

I also can't wait to see the 6s. Though if they do create a 6c... Well everyone here knows I'd JUMP on it.

LOL T-Mobile joke.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is I used to think it was gimmicky. I considered it pointless. Then I got a Mini 3 and I certainly used it a lot. So then when I got the 5s, it just became an expected routine in my day.

As for an Android tablet, I don't think my Mini will be going anywhere for a couple years. Though if the rumors are true about the Note 5 having a 4K screen, I'll be getting one next year.

I also can't wait to see the 6s. Though if they do create a 6c... Well everyone here knows I'd JUMP on it.

LOL T-Mobile joke.

Haha I get it. Yeah, we ALL know you love the C version . I'm not sure I could use an android as my daily driver as I like iOS better in general but as a second device I could do it.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why do some of the iMore elite hate when someone mentions something outside o...

Haha I get it. Yeah, we ALL know you love the C version . I'm not sure I could use an android as my daily driver as I like iOS better in general but as a second device I could do it.

I like it simply because it pairs up easier with my car, has an SD card, and I'm always flashing ROMs.

I do jailbreak my iDevices too but ROMs are a totally different beast.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I like it simply because it pairs up easier with my car, has an SD card, and I'm always flashing ROMs.

I used to jailbreak. I'm thinking about doing it again. I never have worked with roms and don't think I would get that deep into it.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The trouble of rooting the device first, before unlocking the Bootloader and then installing a custom recovery just to flash those roms is something I would never get into personally. Just too much time needed to do a simple loading.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

The trouble of rooting the device first, before unlocking the Bootloader and then installing a custom recovery just to flash those roms is something I would never get into personally. Just too much time needed to do a simple loading.

All the devices I've kept the longest, they already had unlocked boatloaders. Hardest one I ever had to mod was the Evo 3D. It was a challenge though, I enjoyed that.

That's not for everyone, I know.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I used to jailbreak. I'm thinking about doing it again. I never have worked with roms and don't think I would get that deep into it.

Same here, and I find myself over in the jail breaking treads more and more.
Just a little insecure about it right now because I have so much more sensitive material on my device now than when I was Rooting and Roming. Might pick up a second device to play around with the new jailbreak again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is call iMore, so one might get the impression it meant iStuff and more.
Fair enough, but iMore used to be called TiPB (The iPhone Blog). I'd like to think that a majority of people who frequent "tech sites" are aware that an association with or an affinity for Apple products and services often accompany something beginning with a lowercase "i".
My mother always told me I had no common sense,
No one can say things as straightforward as family...:)
but thanks for the advice. Not trying to be a smart *** either.

You're welcome, and no harm done....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox